Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Windows 10. Nah mate.

Started by Neomod, April 08, 2021, 05:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 29, 2021, 10:43:29 PM
Are Power Toys still a thing? I remember a few of the better ones making it into production.

I use SyncToy for backup, although it doesn't seem to be part of the current PowerToys suite. 

Zetetic

Good news for mobias, maybe:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/6/22422553/microsoft-windows-95-era-icons-removal-windows-10-update-sun-valley

As an aside, trying to decide how to describe the icon used for Save button in 2021 is slightly difficult.

Sebastian Cobb

But if you ever find a floppy disk you can tell someone probably not much younger than you that you 3d printed a save icon.

mobias

Quote from: Zetetic on May 06, 2021, 05:33:27 PM
Good news for mobias, maybe:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/6/22422553/microsoft-windows-95-era-icons-removal-windows-10-update-sun-valley

Very good to see. I know that in some respects OSX had a lot of familiar left overs from much older versions but its always looked a lot flashier to Windows, to my eye anyway. I know that those nice visual flourishes come at a price and Apple have an integrated graphics chip on their MB that purely deals with OSX and Windows doesn't have that luxury but given the amount of windows users that have decent GPU's you'd think Microsoft would at least make some sort of nice visual eye candy optional.

Anyway its good to see Microsoft are picking up on visually making Windows a bit more forward looking.

Zetetic

Quote from: mobias on May 07, 2021, 11:18:20 PM
I know that those nice visual flourishes come at a price and Apple have an integrated graphics chip on their MB that purely deals with OSX and Windows doesn't have that luxury but given the amount of windows users that have decent GPU's you'd think Microsoft would at least make some sort of nice visual eye candy optional.

Windows uses compositing effects both to pretty much the same extent and in pretty much the same ways as Mac OS X does, and has done since Vista. (A great deal of convergence on the combined use of transparency and blurring, for example.)

Zetetic