Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible news

Started by Chedney Honks, April 08, 2021, 07:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Yeah anyway, can people just go back to enjoying the thread now? The point has been made and discussed and dealt with, let's move on.

chveik

it has brought back kittens, so i'd say this thread is a winner

madhair60

More awful developments. He has been stabbed to death again in a totally unrelated incident.

chveik

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: madhair60 on April 09, 2021, 04:35:26 PM
More awful developments. He has been stabbed to death again in a totally unrelated incident.

Magician booked for the funeral next door sawed his coffin in half by mistake.

DrGreggles

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 09, 2021, 11:00:53 AM
So, the next time a beloved creative dies and their death is acknowledged by a thread within this forum, it'll be grand for me to post "haha. Glad the cunt's dead. Good riddance"?  Maybe I'll put that to the test because we all know that you and the rest of the posturing, faux-moral hypocrites would be up in arms about it.  You wouldn't be jumping to my defense and saying "well, makes no difference does it? They're dead and their family probably aren't reading this anyway, so fair play".

Good point, well made.
Would you like to go on a camping holiday?

iamcoop

You lot think think is bad for you? The guy had just agreed to be the singer in my band

Shoulders?-Stomach!

When i get that feeling I need stabsual healing

Buelligan

And to think I thought the news of this old fellow's untimely death was treated disproportionately simply because he was a privileged enormously wealthy old white man.  I must have been out of my mind.

JamesTC

Stabbed through the heart
Are jokes fair game?
You give CaB a bad name

St_Eddie

Quote from: Buelligan on April 10, 2021, 12:13:31 PM
And to think I thought the news of this old fellow's untimely death was treated disproportionately simply because he was a privileged enormously wealthy old white man.  I must have been out of my mind.

Clearly that is the case and it is wrong.  Where I have trouble, is connecting that particular valid argument with celebrating the murder of an old man.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Stop reading the thread then. Go and post in/read one of the very many other excellent threads on this fantastic forum.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on April 11, 2021, 12:49:15 AM
Stop reading the thread then. Go and post in/read one of the very many other excellent threads on this fantastic forum.

That's an interesting way of saying "either agree with me and add to the echo chamber or GTFO".

Video Game Fan 2000

Mates, I really miss the knife being stuck in the land baron. Can someone put it back? I was having a bad day and could use some cheering up. Making me sad thinking about the knife not being there anymore.

beanheadmcginty

Apparently the ghost of this recently stabbed chap has been added to the cast of the new Ghostbusters film. Dunno if anyone has any opinions on that.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 11, 2021, 03:43:18 AM
Apparently the ghost of this recently stabbed chap has been added to the cast of the new Ghostbusters film. Dunno if anyone has any opinions on that.

Retroactively this thread is now ten pages of rejoicing that a SJW feminist was stabbed. We're all going to be arrested and cancelled.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I was thinking of taking a break from this forum, but I'd just like to say that I endorse everything that St_Eddie has been saying in this thread ( while having some reservations about his choice of verbiage which he chooses to use against Young Poirot).
This isnae the first time that The Saintster has been pilloried for expressing an opposing and reasonable point of view in a thread in which the majority of posters are delighting in back- slappingly indulging in questionable , if not downright dodgy postings; and when I, meself suggest that snickering away like naughty schoolchildren at the stabbing of a geriatric is possibly not the best use of the wit and brainboxiness of the forum contributors, I can't possibly be sincere in my disdain. Foidermore, even if I *was* genuinely of the opinion that this kind of puerile behaviour just isn't on, then I'm not allowed any kind of dissenting opinion anyways, 'cos I did some sexisms ( along with other posters drooling out their sexist crap) in that sexist " Look At The Norks/ Pecs On This 'Un" thread that everyone was getting so hot under the collar about recently. Well, yes, that seems perfectly logical and reasonable. One of the persistent points made in all the complaining about that thread was that young ladies ( and , indeed, young boys) new to the forum and having a peruse of that thread might think " Oooh, I'm not joining this forum, look at all this errant naughtiness". Well, what the Fuck would some potential posters think if they stumbled across this delightful thread, in which even the chief admin feller says Can people just go back to enjoying laughing at the murder of an elderly man? Not even going to mention the stuff in the Captain Tom thread again, that 'd just earn me another pile on from the good and the great and not the least bit Edgelordy boys and girls of CaB.
Anyway, glad to see St_Eddie has decided to stick around, I'm quite the fan of his intelligent and witty posts on 'ere. He's got a lovely arse, too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That both of you are acting so thick you're interpreting what's happening at face value, appearing to have trace recognition of the concept of iconoclasm or irony, presumably has nothing to do with the fact you both have black marks against your name for recent violent misogyny (St Eddie) and, as someone upthread called it, being an 'unrepentant nauseating creep' (LJAMC) which has been perceivable for so long that barely 3 months pass without someone new pointing it out.

You can almost see the hamster wheels rotating.

'Huh? They think death of man is funny because rich? I spy the sunlit uplands of the moral highground! Long have I craved to bask in its ambrosia. Quick, to the summit!'

earl_sleek

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 11, 2021, 06:13:37 AM
I was thinking of taking a break from this forum, but I'd just like to say that I endorse everything that St_Eddie has been saying in this thread

That's him fucked then.

steve98

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 11, 2021, 06:13:37 AM
I was thinking of taking a break from this forum

Mmm, this is the Terrible News thread, yeah?

idunnosomename

A man has been arrested for the lovely murder of this terrible man. Maybe CaB could have a whip round for his bail? I suspect the arrested man is extremely beautiful.

Buelligan

Cards on the table, always think that's best.  We talk about stuff, because it's interesting, funny, helps people process shit, lots of reasons but they're mainly positive.  Sometimes, often maybe, there is a situation where some posters feel like they're in a minority viewpoint, bound to happen.  Being a minority doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong - I think we all know that - could mean you're wrong, may just mean that you haven't made your case well enough (and this might not even be your fault).  How does one explain a card trick to a dog, after all?

What I'm trying to say here is, I think taking being on the "losing" side in a debate to mean some sort of personal intentional attack by the "winning" side, deliberately directed at you is (an understandable) form of egotism and (often) a mistake.  There may be some people in any group who treat such things as a big versus little-endian battle but, thankfully, not most of us.  That is one of the many things that makes CaB so wonderful and so rare.

So, people who feel they've not won resoundingly here or elsewhere, we've all been there, you're still appreciated, you're not excluded, you're free to think about what others say, maybe think about taking some of it on board, maybe not but it's not personal, they're just opinions and, like everything else, they always change somehow.  Don't flounce, if you'd won out, would you hope others would react by flouncing, hope not!

If you've got the sexism though, might want to think about that.  Maybe see someone.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Wise words, well spoken from the worldly wise ( and occasionally mostly  unjustifiably maligned herself ) poster Buelligan. I'd also like to add a " nice one, lads 👍" to those posters who get off on calling me a nauseating little creep.Also, well done to Dry Cleaning for getting their debut album into the # 4 position on The Hit Parade, with what is possibly the highest charting position for  record on the 4AD Label in the mainstream Pop charts. Let's hope my positivity shall continue to permeate this thread.

earl_sleek

There are no losers or winners here on cookdandbombd.co.uk. Only people who are more motivated to get the last post in, and those who receive affection from actual humans.

Butchers Blind

Be glad when the lockdown is fully over then we can have a good old fashioned punch up in a car park.

Dex Sawash

I'm joyously wanking over his exquisite corpse as I type this

jobotic

I can't help feeling that the phrase "echo chamber" is losing its meaning. Seems sad to me, somehow.

idunnosomename

of course an echo chamber has no meaning to a tufted duck