Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Wally the Drummer

Started by gilbertharding, April 08, 2021, 08:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Farewell to the Liquid Gold sticksman. You'll be dancing yourself dizzy in heaven tonight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Gold

https://youtu.be/2KsK1ybDZ44

Johnny Yesno

Stewart Lee looking so young in that TOTP appearance.

Jockice

My mum got me their autographs when they did a signing session in the local Debenhams. As a moody mid-teen punk fan I wasn't too impressed. But I've matured somewhat and realise that Dance Yourself Dizzy was a great single.

Also, the first proper album I bought (on cassette) was a compilation album called High Energy, which had a track of theirs on. Mr Groovy (It Feels So Nice), which I always thought was the flop follow-up to DYD but according to that discography came out before. Haven't heard it for approaching 40 years but I can still remember the tune.

crankshaft

I'm sure he was a lovely man etc etc but the enforced wackiness of Liquid Gold's TOTP appearances made me loathe watching him.

Egyptian Feast

Aww, he was such a twat I loved him. Farewell, xylophone ribs.

Jockice

Quote from: crankshaft on April 08, 2021, 09:22:22 PM
I'm sure he was a lovely man etc etc but the enforced wackiness of Liquid Gold's TOTP appearances made me loathe watching him.

I'm sure if Joy Division had got on Top Of The Pops Stephen Morris would have behaved exactly the same way.

daf

Wally the Drummer
Picks up the sticks in the club where John Bonham has been
Lives on the screen
Waits at the drum stool
Wearing the shorts that he keeps in a jar by the door
Who are they for?

All the disco people
Where do they all come from?
All the disco people
Where do they all belong?

gilbertharding