Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Loneliness

Started by Adina Loki, July 14, 2005, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanny splendid

That's not easy with a glass jaw.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "dot"Remember dial 9 for alone?
No, and no Google results. Wossat then? Are you quite mad?

Purple Tentacle is letting me down on these threads. We had an understanding.

dot

It's a rubbish song I made, of course nobody remembers. I can barely remember myself.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Purple Tentacle is letting me down on these threads. We had an understanding.

Sorry mate, I only just saw it, internet down last night, excuses excuses.

Meh, everybody could fill in my opinion anyway, I've puked it out enough times.

Don't look for company from a load of faceless strangers tapping at keyboards in their pants going "hey, I'm here for you" because it requires an absolute minimum of actual responsibility and makes the understanding nodder feel better about themselves in one big circle jerk.
Try PM-ing someone asking them if you can come round their house and "talk about it" and see what response you get.

You know, it's a bummer and all that, but don't look for meaningful help on internet forums.

There's a difference between looking for company and looking for advice, though.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"There's a difference between looking for company and looking for advice, though.

Same thing though, anybody can give advice, even Jonathan King (he likes the internet), it's a piece of piss when you're not involved and you're just talking to a slab of text.

My best mate asked me if he should go out with his ex-girlfriend, and I had to twist my brain into a Blair/Mandelson knot of spin to couch my answer to suit both eventualities, wheras on the internet you can just type "no, she's a bitch". The point is, if my friend fucks up it actually affects my life, wheras sadtentacle (posts:1) disappears it's not exactly going to trigger a national manhunt.  Too easy and too righteous.

Look, I've said all this before, I'm obviously not contributing to this thread so I'll stop. I only posted because the bald man dared me. If he told me to walk under a bus I'd do it.
"Hanging on in there for you man..."

edit: affects, of course, not effects. I know how much that angers you BWW....