Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

arch-gammon andrew neil (who is a gammon) crying about being called a gammon

Started by madhair60, April 09, 2021, 10:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Andrew Neil on twitter going turbogammon over being called gammon

gammons being upset about being called gammons will never stop being funny

Ornlu

The only funny thing about Gammon was that man running for UKIP whose surname was Gammon. You couldn't make it up!

Buelligan

Personally, I'd rather call Andy a cunt.  Each to their own though.  Freedom of speech and all that.

Absolute state of it

Sebastian Cobb

I know I'm very bored because I felt the need to tweet back 'UPSET' as some zero-effort hectoring.

Blumf

Butchers Blind

An tSaoi

To play devil's advocate for a minute, it is a but rum to have a insult based on skin colour. I know the experience of the white British brexiteer is nothing like yer actual oppressed groups, but the whingeing fuckers are aggrieved enough as it is without giving them the ammunition of being subject to a race-based "slur". It' makes it so easy for them to spin it round, like they're the victims. "So much for the tolerant left!" and "We're the only group you're allowed to be racist against any more" etc.

We should use a different world. Like CUNTS.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 09, 2021, 10:53:10 AM
To play devil's advocate for a minute, it is a but rum to have a insult based on skin colour. I know the experience of the white British brexiteer is nothing like yer actual oppressed groups, but the whingeing fuckers are aggrieved enough as it is without giving them the ammunition of being subject to a race-based "slur". It' makes it so easy for them to spin it round, like they're the victims. "So much for the tolerant left!" and "We're the only group you're allowed to be racist against any more" etc.

They're not born bright red though are they? Too much anger and port innit.

Zetetic

madhair60

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 09, 2021, 10:53:10 AM

no its funny because saying "stop calling me gammon!! it's racist" is so absurd that it just makes them look even stupider

An tSaoi

Don't get me wrong, I think it's funny alright. But it has the effect of 1) making them think they're right and 2) possibly making some people feel sympathetic towards them.

madhair60

mothman

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 09, 2021, 11:16:49 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think it's funny alright. But it has the effect of 1) making them think they're right and 2) possibly making some people feel sympathetic towards them.
Yeah but there's a whole mainstream media machine geared towards protecting and coddling them and seizing on any excuse to trot out the "so much for the tolerant Left" line anyway, and people who'll seize on such flimsy excuse to feel sorry for cunts are likely protocunts themselves. Way I see it, any excuse to make the hateful little shits go a couple shades redder, their piggy little eyes screwed up in impotent fury, is worth it. The fuckers have won and will continue to do so the way things are, all we can do is ensure they don't enjoy it.

Blumf

Not sure you can claim it as race based, considering:

Gammony

Not gammony

Both white.

Zetetic

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 09, 2021, 11:16:49 AM
But it has the effect of 1) making them think they're right and 2) possibly making some people feel sympathetic towards them.
I wonder if it's possible that propagandist broadcaster Andrew Neil has briefly considered the rhetorical force of initiating a bunch of social media engagement about the term, rather than him being seriously upset by its use.

Pink Gregory

so nice that he get to 'choose' to take it as a racist remark; I'm sure people of other ethnicities than white and british get to make that choice, after all it's proven than Britain has no evidence of institutional racismaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

An tSaoi

Quote from: Zetetic on April 09, 2021, 11:40:09 AM
I wonder if it's possible that propagandist broadcaster Andrew Neil has briefly considered the rhetorical force of initiating a bunch of social media engagement about the term, rather than him being seriously upset by its use.

I don't believe he's actually upset.

Right, it looks like everyone is picking me up wrong. I'm off.

Pijlstaart

A minority of men become red-faced through poor lifestyle, but for the most part it signifies an honest working-man in his physical prime, and that's what Andrew Neil is, all that red meat has blessed him with extraordinary strength, I'd love to watch him charging about one of those gen Z fat camps, kicking them away like beachballs.

If we're going to call anyone gammon it should start with Donald Trump's partner in crime, the plum-faced woman hater Bernie Sanders, more like Bernie Sandwich, Gammon Sandwich even. They taught him to hate women at Berkeley, the summer of love they called it, a field of sex-thugs bullying women into sex beyond god's light, of the hindoo style, handstands, eyes-open, bits akimbo, audible, sloshing, and that's how he came to be so red. Devil red. Trump and Bernie, two peas in a pod, they can share a prison cell.

Zetetic

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 09, 2021, 11:44:35 AM
I don't believe he's actually upset.

Right, it looks like everyone is picking me up wrong. I'm off.
No, I didn't think you did.

Butchers Blind

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig