Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

arch-gammon andrew neil (who is a gammon) crying about being called a gammon

Started by madhair60, April 09, 2021, 10:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Actually I think you'll find that Islam is not a race so there's no such thing as Islamophobic racism.

But Gammon is.

mothman

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kankurette

Quote from: madhair60 on April 09, 2021, 10:05:01 AM
Andrew Neil on twitter going turbogammon over being called gammon

gammons being upset about being called gammons will never stop being funny
I have a friend who thinks the word 'gammon' is racist and classist. He's also become a Glinner fanboy. It worries me.

What annoys me is, if 'gammon' is classist, how do you account for Nigel Farage? Plenty of middle-class gammons exist.
Quote from: Blumf on April 09, 2021, 11:36:09 AM
Not sure you can claim it as race based, considering:

Gammony

Not gammony

Both white.
Ah, Sammy Wilson, NI's Angriest Man.

jobotic

I always think of gammons as being draped in an England flag, Stella can aloft, chanting "We love you Boris, we do". Like Brendan O'Niell thinks white working class people all are, or atop a horse, off to kill some foxes with some local Tory councillors, starched collar keeping their loathsome blood in their head. Very much not working-class.

Kankurette

Didn't a load of Leicester fans do just that against Liverpool? Because Johnson hates Scousers, so that makes him a total ledge.

It's ironic that Brendan O'Neill claims to be a champion of the working class when he's being bankrolled by millionaires.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 09, 2021, 10:30:54 AM

He should be retweeting this photo which makes him look like the ultimate pasty Scot on his holidays never to be mistaken for a cooked meat more flavoursome than a boiled chicken breast fed to a sick dog. Denying his ethnicity. Race traitor.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Is it really racist if most of the people calling white people "gammons" are white themselves though? Because I think most of the people using "gammon" as an insult are actually white themselves.

Buelligan

Is there a vegetarian or vegan option?  I think this is the crux of it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Madhair is right, they hate it, they absofucking hate it.

Perhaps, like all good insults, it beats to the centre of their condition in an unerringly disarming and silly way.

Wizard of Oz revealed to be a gammon cowering behind a curtain.

Carry on using it, use it more, especially for Andrew Neil, Gammoncaster.

Mister Six

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 09, 2021, 11:55:17 AM

Various shades of gammon.

Max Headroom's let himself go.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 09, 2021, 02:42:50 PM
Is it really racist if most of the people calling white people "gammons" are white themselves though? Because I think most of the people using "gammon" as an insult are actually white themselves.

Colourism.

Blumf

Quote from: Buelligan on April 09, 2021, 02:49:59 PM

Beetroot? A head of red lettuces?

Frankly, it'd just be easier if you started up on the pork. It's the principal of the matter!

jobotic

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 09, 2021, 02:42:50 PM

Self-hatingglazing gammons.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on April 09, 2021, 02:49:59 PM

Beetroot? Could start calling them Beets.

Edit - beaten to it.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: notjosh on April 09, 2021, 12:23:39 PM

So coddled, he just undoes his trousers and pisses where he sits, and he has his own sign to notify the cleaner.

pancreas

Pink Gregory

jobotic

Icehaven

I'm often red due to booze or shame or being out of breath, but I'm a bit too young, and much too poor and unracist to be a gammon. Am I culturally appropriating them or they me? #notallgammons.

Gulftastic

Maybe they can reclaim the word? Start calling each other 'My Gammon!' when they meet up.

madhair60

Paul Calf

"Hello, shitty right-wing cunt. Would you like an excuse to deflect criticism from the horrible, shitty things you're doing? Fine. We don't really want anything to change either, so here goes: your skin is the same colour as gammon and that is bad.

Happy to help."

frajer

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 09, 2021, 04:35:39 PM
Maybe they can reclaim the word? Start calling each other 'My Gammon!' when they meet up.

That would require the capacity for self-deprecating humour, and not taking oneself too seriously. So it's a big no from the gammons, Clive.

chveik

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 09, 2021, 05:01:43 PM
"Hello, shitty right-wing cunt. Would you like an excuse to deflect criticism from the horrible, shitty things you're doing? Fine. We don't really want anything to change either, so here goes: your skin is the same colour as gammon and that is bad.

Happy to help."

hiya Paul. keep those hot takes coming!

Old Nehamkin

Affluent, middle-aged white Tory voters getting so rattled by leftist shitposters making fun of them that they have to desperately grasp at the language of the civil rights movement to defend themselves is a patently ridiculous and funny situation and trying to actually engage with this kind of bad-faith "well actually" nonsense (which would just be returned in a slightly modified form for whichever specific insult or meme you could effectively level at this crowd) is an absurd waste of time and energy. Might as well just sit back and enjoy the fact that this one has so evidently got under the (purple, blotchy) skin of the world's biggest bunch of entitled, whingeing cunts.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 09, 2021, 05:01:43 PM

Happy to help."
No Paul, when they make a fuss you call them triggered snowflake PC cucks. SAUCE FOR THE GOOSE