Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How do You Define a 'Proper' Film?

Started by Blumf, April 09, 2021, 11:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 10, 2021, 03:42:38 PM
Pre-covid they needed a limited cinema run for awards I think.

I think they used to do that with Danny Dyer DVDs, although that was something to do with putting information on the DVD covers rather than any possibility of an award.

Johnboy

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 10, 2021, 03:52:35 PM
I think they used to do that with Danny Dyer DVDs, although that was something to do with putting information on the DVD covers rather than any possibility of an award.

"I've never known of a film getting no stars before"
"1976, Taxi Driver came out. Got cunted."

McChesney Duntz

Don't call them "movies" or "films" - just call the fucking things "pictures" and be done with it.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on April 10, 2021, 05:19:35 PM
Don't call them "movies" or "films" - just call the fucking things "pictures" and be done with it.

My granny (god rest her soul) used to call it "the pictures". She used to call the video game arcade the "honky tonk" for reasons I've never quite worked out. A honky tonk is an old term for a pub with a piano in it. I call films "talkies" or sometimes "feature presentation" which neatly avoids the whole movie/film hornets nest.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 10, 2021, 03:40:37 PM
Eh, I saw the Irishman in the cinema. Confused now.

Wow. So did I, and I completely forgot!

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on April 10, 2021, 02:08:01 PM
Are you completely sure it was the other egos that were bruised there mate.

Yes, I'm sure.  I'm a cunt.  I'm an arsehole.  I'm a loser.  I'm a complete fuck up in every way.  I despise myself and think of ways to kill myself every single day, but I'm also inordinately honest and I can assure you that I ain't no egocentric.

popcorn

St_Eddie

Oops. For a minute there, I forgot myself.