Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Duke of Deadinburgh

Started by Huxleys Babkins, April 09, 2021, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 15, 2021, 10:09:07 AM

Making that little shit George look like an absolute twat.

N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 15, 2021, 10:09:07 AM

Making that little shit George look like an absolute twat.

he also looks like he's turning 2D

Jockice

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 14, 2021, 11:55:04 AM
Right that settles it - I hope imi had nothing else to do because it seems like a pilgrimage of Sheffield vomit is on the cards.

Bonus: I stashed 4 tins of red stripe in a hedge on Devonshire green prior to going to a club on fitzwilliam street in 2008, took too much ketamine and forgot about them. As far as I'm aware they are still there, and free to the first lucky fan who finds them!

I'm on my way. Even though I had one pint of weak lager on Monday evening and was very drunk. Even by my standards that's quite poor.

And talking of York Street, that's where our office was. I was once going back there on a lunchtime afternoon and saw two very drunk middle-aged men, one of whom was having a piss in a doorway. I was talking to someone and when he heard my accent he turned round and declared himself a fellow Scot. He fucking would be. About 30 seconds later the editor exited the office to find me standing there next to an obviously bladdered bloke with wazz all down his trousers and his arm round my shoulder.

What was I supposed to say? 'Hi boss, have you met my dad?"

kalowski

Quote from: imitationleather on April 15, 2021, 10:32:55 AM
What is the most recent photo of Phil where he looks alive? I'm not sure if it was taken during my lifetime.

gilbertharding

Cretins on twitter who think that instead of military uniforms, the royal family will be wearing 'mourning suits' to the funeral.

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on April 15, 2021, 10:32:55 AM
What is the most recent photo of Phil where he looks alive? I'm not sure if it was taken during my lifetime.
the autopsy

famethrowa

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 15, 2021, 11:47:17 AM
the autopsy

Surely they'd insist on a post mortem? Would be like sawing into a dried fig, wasps and all

idunnosomename

I hope the doctor in charge of him is tried and hanged for letting the Prince die on his watch. It's such a tragedy.

An tSaoi

Actually, the Mountbatten-Windors look more Aryan.

shiftwork2

idunnosomename

Those shorts are so tight they've sent George bow-legged. Hopefully it will mean he is unable to reproduce

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Daniel on April 14, 2021, 07:08:48 PM
Good to see that forum favourite Wes Streeting is being suitably respectful:

I really hope the photographers who took some of these endlessly repeated Philip pics start going around everyone who's posting their work and demanding payment. Photos of the royal family aren't public domain (although maybe the palace has released official mourning pix?)

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 15, 2021, 11:10:09 AM
Cretins on twitter who think that instead of military uniforms, the royal family will be wearing 'mourning suits' to the funeral.
Yeah, I saw that somewhere today: the correct term is "mourning dress"; a "morning suit" is what you wear to a wedding.

Petey Pate

Wish he was still alive just so I don't have to hear about him being dead all the time.

pigamus

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 15, 2021, 12:25:33 PM
Those shorts are so tight they've sent George bow-legged. Hopefully it will mean he is unable to reproduce

His knees look like they're from the Beano

Attila

The commemorative mags and specials issues are starting to show up in the shops (my mad American pal has asked for a selection). Waitrose has their own little commemorative newspaper thing (it's our local, where I spent a combative morning as the demographic around here is all or nothing Middle Class soccer/school run mums with children called Jocasta and Sherlock, or ancient fossils who have to pick up every, single box and bag of grapes and infect everything, &c).

I hope there's a commemorative mug when the Queen goes, at least.

Disappointed there's no Prince Philip colouring in book.

Country Life has a genuinely bonkers tribute where they say the worst thing about his death is that they were desperately hoping deep down that he'd never, ever die. And that's not a letter from some toff's child who can't quite grasp the reality of celebrity death, but the editor's intro for the issue. Written by an adult for other adults.

Blue Jam

Apologies for posting LBC/James O'Brien, but he may be onto something here:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-royals-civilian-military-clothes-prince-philip-funeral/

Bants not wearing a uniform while Edward is in one would look a bit daft.

pigamus

"Beautiful moment"? Fuck off

Blue Jam

The beautiful moment when bants jumped in his chopper to do a spot of murdering, yes.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 15, 2021, 02:22:36 PM
Country Life has a genuinely bonkers tribute where they say the worst thing about his death is that they were desperately hoping deep down that he'd never, ever die. And that's not a letter from some toff's child who can't quite grasp the reality of celebrity death, but the editor's intro for the issue. Written by an adult for other adults.

Wonder how they will react when the Queen dies. An edition that is just one hundred  pages of black paper?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 15, 2021, 02:34:00 PM
Apologies for posting LBC/James O'Brien, but he may be onto something here:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-royals-civilian-military-clothes-prince-philip-funeral/

Bants not wearing a uniform while Edward is in one would look a bit daft.

QuoteIt means the Duke of Sussex will not have to face being one of the only close family members who is not in uniform at Saturday's service.

Ugh. I hate this shit. It means nothing, conveys nothing and is just absurd and nonsensical. They're supposed to be fucking journalists.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 15, 2021, 02:22:36 PM
Country Life is basically just all make-believe isnt it though.

there's serious architecture stuff in there but it's like being caught reading it is like PlayBoy for the articles. well except far more embarrassing, because at least if you're caught with PlayBoy people don't think you're wanking over horses and eligible young heiresses.

Blue Jam

The CoD should make Andrew wear a Pizza Express uniform

DrGreggles

Quote from: Attila on April 15, 2021, 01:49:54 PM
Disappointed there's no Prince Philip colouring in book.

Not enough grey crayons.

Jasha

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 14, 2021, 08:59:10 PM

gottle o' gear gottle o' gear Kate's ventriloquist act is coming on a treat

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 15, 2021, 03:11:58 PM
Country Life is basically just all make-believe isnt it though.

there's serious architecture stuff in there but it's like being caught reading it is like PlayBoy for the articles. well except far more embarrassing, because at least if you're caught with PlayBoy people don't think you're wanking over horses and eligible young heiresses.

Mad houses, lots of articles that have clearly been bought by rich husbands to showcase their bored wives' awful artisan jam companies and yoga retreats, articles about countryside-relevant current affairs that go to painstaking lengths not to blame the Tories responsible, horses and more mad houses.

If you ever want to see the line between cognitive dissonance and serious mental illness blur, Country Life and Hello are the mags to read.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Jasha on April 15, 2021, 03:39:45 PM
gottle o' gear gottle o' gear Kate's ventriloquist act is coming on a treat

She's obviously been reading this:

gilbertharding

Quite a few of the photos in my copy of An Outline of European Architecture by Nikolaus Pevsner are credited to Country Life. I'm curious if the magazine would still represent such a useful resource.

Didn't Hello! focus mostly on a kind of pan-European jet-set when it started? Has it become more UK focussed lately?

Gulftastic

When she goes, I think there will be calls to set up the 'Crying Police', who go round making sure everyone is upset enough, like the Bottom Inspectors in Viz.