Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,366
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Duke of Deadinburgh

Started by Huxleys Babkins, April 09, 2021, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Quote from: gib on April 10, 2021, 11:31:04 AM
Driving in my Car?

Life For Rent.

NEW PAGE. Dido songs for those who grieve.

Amazing scenes on Greatest Hits Radio as a deflated Pat Sharp solemnly introduces Body Talk by Imagination.

thugler

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 10, 2021, 11:16:27 AM
6 Music have dropped half their dj's, with the other regulars or sit-ins taking extended shifts. I guess they just don't trust the likes of Huey Morgan or Craig Charles to keep it sombre.

Why in fuck does it have to be on every station and channel. Put it on one. Done. The radio stations thing is bizarre.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 10, 2021, 11:39:22 AM
Amazing scenes on Greatest Hits Radio as a deflated Pat Sharp solemnly introduces Body Talk by Imagination.

He could at least stop referring to himself as 'the darth vader of the master fader'.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on April 10, 2021, 11:19:10 AM
The tiger is pointing and laughing right now.

That tiger is in Heaven now with that tiger that attacked Roy Horn and all the tigers that belonged to Joe Exotic and they're all high-fiving each other.

Paul Calf

Quote from: greencalx on April 09, 2021, 10:20:05 PM
The BBC has set up a dedicated web form where you can complain about the amount of coverage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/death-duke-of-edinburgh-tv-coverage/#/Notification

I feel there must be something else they could have done to avoid ending up in this situation.

Looks like an excellent way of building up a database of the email addresses of filthy republican malcontents.

Blue Jam

I am heading to werk now and fully expecting to trip over a massive floral tribute at the entrance.

RIP ARE BRAVE CHANCELLOR

Butchers Blind

Its everywhere isn't it? TV, radio, newspapers, old women in supermarkets, I'm scared to open my cupboards in case his face is in there looking out at me.

Blue Jam

Now I think about it, I could be finding the coverage easy to avoid simply because I have trained myself to avoid all current affairs coverage, and I started around the time of the Brexit vote.

Been avoiding it even harder lately because of Covid stuff. Adverts on All4? Thanks to all the Coronavirus updates I immediately hit Mute now, it's almost Pavlovian.

idunnosomename

Made this tribute in my grief.

https://imgur.com/jyG8bct

Arguably I Feel Good or I Will Survive are more appropriate, but I like to think Philip would like a slightly racist novelty song more.

Kankurette

My Prince Philip memory: when I was 4 or 5 I was at some event in Stanmer Park in Brighton, and my dad was wearing a Panama hat and I kept making rude comments about men who wear Panama hats (I have no idea why) and some old dude in a Panama hat overheard and glared at me. I found out much later that it was Phil. I didn't know who he was.
Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 10, 2021, 11:30:31 AM
Has he ever picked up one of your friends and launched them out the house?
No. He did go out on the piss with Simon Rimmer (as in the bald TV chef) a while back, they're old friends and Rimmer gave my auntie away at their wedding because she's estranged from my grandad. He was very hungover the next day.
Quote from: Blue Jam on April 10, 2021, 11:43:14 AM
That tiger is in Heaven now with that tiger that attacked Roy Horn and all the tigers that belonged to Joe Exotic and they're all high-fiving each other.
"The human corpses are on me, lads."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: lipsink on April 10, 2021, 10:13:53 AM
Has anyone seen the clip of David Jason telling a "cheeky" story about the Queen calling a foreign man a "gorilla"? Fucking hell. Might need to check that race report again, guys.

there is video of it

greenman

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 11:05:12 AM
There's going to be a gun salute in his honour today apparently. In Belfast. Read the room, guys.

Live ammo into a catholic housing estate?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 10:04:55 AM
Ah. The old royal time vortices.

I love that sketch, but I didn't realise that was Arthur Matthews. Probably because I only really know him by look from his appearance as one of the Scary Irish Men on IAP, and he's significantly balder in the YOU BOLLOCKS sketch.

He also shows up as a priest in Father Ted Speed 3. And I'm sure he did the announcer voices for Dunnes Stores, Fun Land and Priest Chat Back in Father Ted as well.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 10, 2021, 11:37:25 AM
Live feed here

That's my afternoon sorted. .. ... *goes to back room, takes key and opens cupboard. Takes shotgun. Leaves room and fetches shells from upstairs. Leaves house and heads for woods*

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on April 10, 2021, 11:55:17 AM
My Prince Philip memory: when I was 4 or 5 I was at some event in Stanmer Park in Brighton, and my dad was wearing a Panama hat and I kept making rude comments about men who wear Panama hats (I have no idea why) and some old dude in a Panama hat overheard and glared at me. I found out much later that it was Phil. I didn't know who he was.No. He did go out on the piss with Simon Rimmer (as in the bald TV chef) a while back, they're old friends and Rimmer gave my auntie away at their wedding because she's estranged from my grandad. He was very hungover the next day."The human corpses are on me, lads."

I met him as a 7 year old and he called me a 'fine little porky boy'. Hence my username.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I see the Grand National is still going ahead so priorities right there

I bet Liz can't wait to get minge deep in betting slips

lipsink

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 10, 2021, 12:16:53 PM
He also shows up as a priest in Father Ted Speed 3. And I'm sure he did the announcer voices for Dunnes Stores, Fun Land and Priest Chat Back in Father Ted as well.

He appears briefly during the Father Stone episode as one of the priests who leaves quickly during the birthday party: "Gosh, Ted. Is that the time?"

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 10, 2021, 12:19:25 PM
I met him as a 7 year old and he called me a 'fine little porky boy'. Hence my username.

He is my uncle. Hence my username.

Fambo Number Mive

Won't the Ingram-Moore "Do 100 things for charity" on April 30th look a bit awkward now, given Philip died just short of 100?

Maybe some royalists will start a "Do 99 things for charity".

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 10, 2021, 12:25:54 PM
I see the Grand National is still going ahead so priorities right there

I bet Liz can't wait to get minge deep in betting slips

Nothing can be.allowed to stop horse murder.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 10, 2021, 12:31:06 PM
Won't the Ingram-Moore "Do 100 things for charity" on April 30th look a bit awkward now, given Philip died just short of 100?
have 100 crywanks over our people's prince

JamesTC

Murder 99 tigers for are Philip

steve98

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 10, 2021, 11:45:53 AM
Its everywhere isn't it? TV, radio, newspapers, old women in supermarkets, I'm scared to open my cupboards in case his face is in there looking out at me.

I baked muffins yesterday (to take my mind off the death,) and couldn't believe it when an image of (a slightly bashed-about) Philip was revealed!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 10, 2021, 10:25:19 AM
Support for the monarchy in the UK is 62% - More than one in three people couldn't give a shit or want them gone. And that 62% is heavily weighted by the over 65s, support by 18-24s is less than 50%.

I think those figures are absurdly high. 50% of 18-24s give a flying fuck about the monarchy? That's mental.

El Unicornio, mang

Video Game Fan 2000

My Prince Philip Memory: I first met the Prince when he used to work down my local greengrocer shop as a murderer. I was a bit in awe of him as you might expect but after I while I realised he was human just like any of us, and what really brought this home to me was when he splashed a full glass of lemonade in my face for no reason at all and then put his hand into his trousers with a big grin when I started crying.

lipsink

6music have now played Jeff Buckley's 'Everybody Here Wants You' 3 times today. It's what he would've wanted.

Blue Jam

My Prince Philip story: I once worked on the gates at Wimbledon, doing bag searches and checking tickets and that. Occasionally we had to usher the crowds back to let someone drive in or out, and on on occasion it was Prince Philip driving out in his Jag, no security, just him driving himself and waving and smiling at the crowd. This was 20 years ago and he looked like Emperor Palpatine even then, I wouldn't have guessed he had another 20 years in him. Also I was probably surprised he didn't crash into a passing ball boy or total Henman Hill or something.

On another day Bill Clinton also exited, also waving and smiling, but he was being driven- a passenger in a big huge fuck-off SUV with bulletproof windows (it looked like), flanked by big tall intimidating Men In Black with sunglasses and earpieces. That was much more exciting and he wasn't even President anymore. I remember murmurs of "ooh, he's got a very red nose hasn't he?". Stil looked healthier than Phil.