Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Duke of Deadinburgh

Started by Huxleys Babkins, April 09, 2021, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

No Pick Of The Pops now. And it's not even on iPlayer yet. Now I am absolutely fucking raging. I look forward to this every weekend. Ah well, back to my personal music player again. Which is just switching over from The Anti-Midas Touch by The Wolfhounds to The 900 Number by The 45 King. It's good but it's not Gambo.

New page Philip's put my pop off so he can fuck off. And die.

Dr Rock

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 10, 2021, 12:56:50 PM
I think those figures are absurdly high. 50% of 18-24s give a flying fuck about the monarchy? That's mental.

I said less than 50%. It's 42% I think. Still.

Video Game Fan 2000

My Prince Philip Memory part II: I was out fishing in the rowboat in a river in Memphis and out of the corner of my ear I hear what sounds like Nina Simone and Genesis songs, but really bubbly sounding like they've been carbonated I'm hearing them through some kind of liquid. I drop my fishing line with a shock and look around, and what do I see but Prince Philip standing on pier with his foot on a partially submerged Jeff Buckley's head. He looks at me and gives a wink, before licking his teeth and sliding a hand into his pants. You see these royal people on the telly and they seem superhuman but in moments like that you realise they're just human like any of us.

Butchers Blind

My memory of Phil goes back to when I was 9 and I was playing keepy ups at the local rec. Kicked the ball too far and went into the bushes. Went to retrieve the ball and there in the shrubbery was Phil, skinning cats. He told me to keep shut or it was the tower for me. I lost my innocence that day, and my football.

Video Game Fan 2000

I'll never forget the first time I met Prince Philip: it was 1989, he was standing outside Hillsborough stadium with a large sign that read FREE FIFTY POUND NOTES INSIDE---> he didn't say anything to me, just nodded at his bodyguards who immediately shot me dead.

Dex Sawash

mothman

I spoke to someone called Phil last week. He might have been from
Spoiler alert
M I 5
[close]
. Didn't ask if he'd ever been to Paris, why would I? Maybe next time, if there is one.

Video Game Fan 2000

My Prince Philip Memory: I'd just been run over by a bus and I was laying on the slab on the mortuary and I suddenly start rising towards a big warm light. I'm really scared thinking about how I'll never see my family and friends again, and I'll never get to finish school. But as I get closer to the light I see my old puppy Dusty running towards me and wagging his tail, and its like he's telling me everything is going to be OK because him and my nan are up there waiting for me. Then as I move closer to Dusty, down below me in the mortuary I hear a door slam and the unmistakable sound of jangly jewelry and someone saying "now then, now then" and ... I'm almost certain... the sound of Prince Philip's trousers dropping to the floor. It really humanised him to me.

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 10, 2021, 12:55:49 PM
Whos dad is this

https://twitter.com/CrimeLdn/status/1380575727389659137?s=19

Could someone come and take him home please

A perma-confused man in his home-made military uniform doing a cargo cult impersonation of what he imagines an army man from a film might say, in front of some gates, while embarrassed security forces and the state media look on.

Rather than take him by the hand and lead him somewhere safe, myriad cellphones film the exact same footage of him crying out for help.

My first inclination was to to laugh, but actually it's impossible to watch this without feeling desperately sad.

Attila

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 10, 2021, 01:20:06 PM
Is there a version with subtitles?

He's like a Beefeater version of Gabby Johnson.

Authentic imperial gibberish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6xyV68KN5A

Dex Sawash

"Prince" Phil and I have tbe same boat, btw.

Sonny_Jim

Steve Wright playing 'REM - Everybody Hurts' on Radio 2.

Pure deso.

ProvanFan

Quote from: lipsink on April 10, 2021, 01:05:02 PM
6music have now played Jeff Buckley's 'Everybody Here Wants You' 3 times today. It's what he would've wanted.

His fave Buckley number was Your Flesh is So Nice

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on April 10, 2021, 01:29:27 PM
Steve Wright playing 'REM - Everybody Hurts' on Radio 2.

Pure deso.

I bet Mr Angry from Purley's down at Bucks Palace.  No doubt he'd be a royalist.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Whos dad is this

FIRST TAKE A BUNCH OF FLOW-AHS

AND ARRANGE THEM

IN A VASE!

GET IN!

Camp Tramp

This is turning up on Facebook, with the following fawning message.

"Don't worry sir, We'll look after your wife!"

Pretty sure that is an American soldier too?

Fambo Number Mive

Whos dad is this

Not many masks there and a maskless individual shouting surrounded by a group of people. Has COVID declared an eight-day stoppage in memory of Philip?

Ferris

Quote from: Camp Tramp on April 10, 2021, 01:39:00 PM

Difficult to tell, but that looks like an M4-A1 rifle (and that's an ACOG, not a SUSAT) so the person in the photograph is almost certainly an American.

Doesn't matter does it, stick a union flag in the back and away we go. Is your forelock sore? Mine isn't, keep on tugging!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Fuck me, sounds more like a threat

Camp Tramp

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 10, 2021, 01:43:10 PM
Difficult to tell, but that looks like an M4-A1 rifle (and that's an ACOG, not a SUSAT) so the person in the photograph is almost certainly an American.

Doesn't matter does it, stick a union flag in the back and away we go. Is your forelock sore? Mine isn't, keep on tugging!

I made the same observation.

The same person who posted this put up a pic of US troops landing on Omaha with the tagline "These were our Dads and Grandads. They weren't snowflakes". This was on Remembrance Sunday. I pointed out that they were American and his response was "So?"

Video Game Fan 2000

My Prince Philip Memory: I used to work in a Megabowl and once every two months he'd book the entire building to himself and come around and put guinea pigs into the ball return mechanisms for hours on end. What really sticks with me if that he didn't have to be nice to us but he still took the time to be a real cunt to every single employee individually. Its little things like that this that really humanises the monarchy to me.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Jockice on April 10, 2021, 01:07:11 PMThe 900 Number by The 45 King. It's good but it's not Gambo.

Great selection for the occasion.

https://youtu.be/RY26KNRhbOA

Jockice

It's all totally random. And I've heard stuff that I haven't heard for years. Last track: I Love You (Listen To This) by Dexys. Current track: Way Below The Cold by Leon Patillo. Next track: Who knows?

Jockice

It's Destination Venus by The Rezillos. Yay! I can keep this up all day you know.

jobotic

Pretty sure that is an American soldier too?

You follow Keith Starmer on Facebook?

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Camp Tramp on April 10, 2021, 01:46:21 PM

The same person who posted this put up a pic of US troops landing on Omaha with the tagline "These were our Dads and Grandads. They weren't snowflakes". This was on Remembrance Sunday. I pointed out that they were American and his response was "So?"

If his grandma was anything to go by, a few of them could well have been his grandad.

jobotic

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on April 10, 2021, 01:46:10 PM
Fuck me, sounds more like a threat

You've got beautiful children...Charles, Anne, Andr...yeah, maybe not. Try something else. Nice house you've got here...

bomb_dog

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 10, 2021, 11:37:25 AM
Live feed here

This is mental. Loaded to have a look, and a bit-posh bloke without a mask stood on front of the camera to take a photo of the palace. The cameraman asked him to move 'as we're live'
He said you don't own this space, I'll stand here to take a photo, then move. Cameraman came into frame (with a mask) and said 'I'm asking you kindly to move'. Guy re-iterated his position he'd take a photo, then move -'who are you 'live with' exactly?' Cameraman told him to fuck off. Bloke said I'm definitely standing here then... argument resumed, other guy came toward saying, come on, leave it... they moved.

Utter waste of time. People just milling around, taking selfies of themselves with the palace. Probably no more than usual.

El Unicornio, mang

Reminds me of the one that was going around a couple of years ago saying something like "this is what real men used to look like" over this picture

Got into a lengthy argument with a woman who insisted it was an American soldier

jobotic

Quote from: Camp Tramp on April 10, 2021, 01:46:21 PM

The trouble with these millennials is that they don't take part in the Normandy Landings. They never do. It's not even on their radar. Typical.