Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DMX RIP

Started by up_the_hampipe, April 09, 2021, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

After suffering a heart attack a few days ago, lots of rumours and misreporting, it seems to be confirmed that DMX passed away today. We've lost a Prince already, but let's pour one out for a King.

Bark some of your fav lyrics below.

Malcy

Bit gutted about this.

Ja'moke

There is no doubt DMX was a flawed human being, but he was also one of the most raw and real rappers to ever do it. He put his life and problems into his music. A man that could never seem to escape his issues but that's what made his music so powerful.

touchingcloth

Kankurette

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 09, 2021, 06:29:29 PM
There is no doubt DMX was a flawed human being, but he was also one of the most raw and real rappers to ever do it. He put his life and problems into his music. A man that could never seem to escape his issues but that's what made his music so powerful.
This.

Bugger Phil, I'm going to listen to X Gon' Give It to Ya.

BlodwynPig

Was he a big name in rap, never heard of him, thought you meant DMX Krew.

Kankurette

Yes. He was the one who liked dogs.

The Mollusk

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 09, 2021, 07:17:25 PM

Both named after the same drum machine innit

Malcy

I searched my external for DMX and there was loads. You could go from a really meaningful heartfelt track like Slipping and then have him go mental over the beat on a feature or remix like Limp Bizkit's Rolling remix with DMX, Meth, Red & Swizz Beats where he just kills it.

He had a new album on the way too. I always wish he had done a bit more with Onyx. He was a perfect match for their style.

JaDanketies

All the gushing euologies make me wanna check out his albums. I remember the hits but I didn't think he was as important as everyone's saying he is, I thought he was just good fun

up_the_hampipe

Always loved X Is Coming - a violent, angry, dark track with some pretty fucked up lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WDfNaWOpb0

chveik

sad news. only really listened to his first album. "Ruff Ryders' Anthem' is a fun song

Ja'moke

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 09, 2021, 07:17:25 PM

People forget how massive DMX was in the late 90s/early 00s. A string of number one albums (only rapper to have his first five albums all debut at No. 1, and I think he's the only rapper besides Tupac to have two number one albums in the same year in the US) and sold out stadium shows.

touchingcloth

A friend and I used to enjoy listening to his Prayer IV, specifically the lyric:

GIVE THE NUTRITION TO ME
And I will properly digest it

Don't forget that he also starred opposite Steven Seagal in the 2001 film Exit Wounds. Which I'm ashamed to say a teenage me and my friends rented out on video.

R J MacReady

Animal abusing cunt,better off dead,cheers DMX!

One of my unironic favourite music festivals captured on film is the Woodstock festivals from the 90s. I loved angsty stuff and DMX's performance is genuinely good.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on April 11, 2021, 06:30:47 AM
One of my unironic favourite music festivals captured on film is the Woodstock festivals from the 90s. I loved angsty stuff and DMX's performance is genuinely good.

Woodstock 99 footage always feels marred by all the horrible shit that was going on.

willbo

I always thought Ruff Ryders Anthem had a funny playful, light classical sound. Like it sounds like something a fairy would dance to in the Disney film Fantasia.

madhair60

Quote from: R J MacReady on April 11, 2021, 01:33:11 AM
Animal abusing cunt,better off dead,cheers DMX!

Had no idea. I too am now glad he's dead.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Where the hearse where the hearse where the hearse at