Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you looking forward to?

Started by Chedney Honks, April 10, 2021, 12:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

I'm meeting a mate for a walk today and I haven't seen him since last July or something in back garden. Looking forward to it but also been very very comfortable with only going out to work and supermarkets/beer shop and entertaining myself with my wife.

I have some modest interest in a beer garden at some point with mates but not exactly looking forward to it. Restaurant is definitely appealing. Cinema is appealing. Arcade Club is quite appealing. I just expect the pubs to be full of blowhards explaining their theories on the last twelve months and I haven't got it in me at this point not to get kicked out.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is having mates and family over. I can't be arsed leaving my house generally. I can get the best bottled beers and tunes on in my house. I would miss nature but I've been out walking and hiking and biking loads so I'm not craving that at all.

I have two holidays booked, rolled over from last year, but I have zero interest.

What about yourself?

BlodwynPig

Not interested Ched. Happy to hear what you are looking forward to in person when we meet, but this is just anodyne.

Dex Sawash

A return to causing disgust with the state of my nose hairs

gib

People fucking off somewhere else so i can go for a walk in the park and nearby fields without being surrounded.

mothman

I suppose it'd be nice to be able to go to a restaurant. The other day I found myself reminiscing about a meal we had... in a Pizza Hut in Coventry at least five years ago. It'd be nice to tip a waiter instead of giving that money to Deliveroo.

bakabaka

bgmnts

Quote from: gib on April 10, 2021, 12:35:16 PM
People fucking off somewhere else so i can go for a walk in the park and nearby fields without being surrounded.

Actually thats what I didnt think about. I will be able to go for more peaceful walks because all the plebs will be crowded into grim pubs. I'm happy with that.

Fambo Number Mive

Going to charity shops.

Seeing family.

Seeing friends.

Once I am vaccinated with both doses, going to a pub.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: gib on April 10, 2021, 12:35:16 PM

Yeah this. Used to be able to go for a walk on the beach on sunny days and have it practically to myself on weekday afternoons, since lockdown it's been like a bank holiday every time I go out.

And traveling abroad. Planning a couple of months in Florida in autumn or winter.

peanutbutter

Charity shops to furnish my very bare new apartment
Ikea after a few weeks for the same reason
Having a few friends visit from abroad now that I've a place large enough to comfortably host for a few days
Not really looking forward to it at this stage but I assume once I start going I'll be happy to be at a few clubs on speed/molly, will take until at least August before those places get sufficiently chill though
Being able to watch the kind of films I can only pay attention to in a cinema again

Zero interest in travelling, have reached the point where I'm gonna travel in a state of pure apathy for a year in 2022/2023 purely to ensure I don't get a craving to travel later when it's more hassle.

Fambo Number Mive

Quite like to leave my county for a day trip at some point this summer.

Sebastian Cobb

nothing really, we're in an indefinite period of tedium

Chedney Honks

Standing in a queue for a leek and chicken pie and some gentrified Irn Bru in some cunty little village. Feels very fucking weird.

Cuellar

imitationleather

An tSaoi

Boring serious answer, but seeing my parents. They're in the next county, which is against the rules.

I could chance it of course, there are plenty of back roads, but they're very rule-abiding, and I'd get an earful if I visited.

We do zoom calls, but my dad doesn't hold the phone properly, so I usually get a shot of the lampshade.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Collecting rotten vegetables in a cart then feeding it to some hookers.

Cold Meat Platter

Getting back out there and trying to finally beat Shipman.

earl_sleek

Wanking off the top of multi-storey car parks.

Cuellar

gib

Quote from: peanutbutter on April 10, 2021, 12:56:37 PM
Charity shops to furnish my very bare new apartment

There's going be a year's worth of stuff going to the charity shops all at once, should be a boom time.

imitationleather

My missus's charity shop has had over 1,000 bags dropped off the past week. I went in and they were piled up to above head height in the storeroom.

non capisco

I'm right back in the Crystal Palace chazzers next week. They were a goldmine before plague times, I just hope that one below the bric-a-brac shop on the Triangle opposite the cinema is still there. Wall to wall bargains in that gaff. 12" of 'Just Got Lucky' by Jo Boxers for 50p, for crying out loud.

Looking forward to the outside world being less crowded.
All the shitmunchers will be back in the beer gardens/pictures/arcade clubs/shops, leaving all the lovely grassy bits for me and the cows again!

Honestly, there were points during lockdown where it was fucking rammed out there!
Hope they don't get a bloody taste for it.

Quite looking forward to something simple like being able to walk into a shop, trying a coat on and putting it back on the rack having left something disgusting in one of it's pockets.
Licking the doorknobs, french kissing the postman.

flotemysost

In terms of stuff which I definitely know is possible/imminent:

Seeing both my parents indoors and giving them a hug. Seen my dad in person outdoors a couple of times, but it's been over a year for mum as her mobility isn't really up to long walks. Both of them had Pfizer vol. II this week, so in theory in a few weeks I should be able to see them without worrying about killing them (though I know you're not legally allowed to meet indoors yet), which in itself is quite a bizarre feeling.

Meeting some work friends for park beers next weekend, some of whom I've not seen in person for over a year. As I've mentioned elsewhere, being cut off from daily interaction with that social circle and worrying that people will move on from old friendships because "out of sight, out of mind" has taken a huge toll on my happiness over the last year, so I'm really looking forward to that.

And yeah, another charity shop enthusiast here. Partly selfishly right now, because I'm in the process of moving flat and it's a massive pain in the arse that they've been shut this whole time. I'm hoping the BHF furniture shop near me will open next week, as I have to get rid of a (new, good quality) bed and mattress and I'd far far rather it went to charity than some dodgy waste collection company.

Stuff which hopefully will return at some point in the future, please, otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do:

Gigs and festivals, museums and galleries, theatre, cinemas, clubbing, snogging disgusting strangers at 3am. Enjoying using public transport again, instead of being stressed and angry whenever I use it.

I haven't actually missed travelling/holidays nearly as much as I thought I might - obviously that's a luxury and it's only been a year, I had one trip to the Netherlands planned last year but nothing huge - but it'ill be nice to see somewhere that's not London, whenever that's possible.

Twit 2