Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:03:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kidney stones

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 10, 2021, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Anyone ever had them? Woke up this morning and was in the worst pain of my life, to the extent that we called an ambulance. 8 hours later, turns out I've got a kidney stone. Been given a really strong pain killer so am unsure if it's not so painful now or if I just can't feel it due to the medication but fuck me it was horrible, nasty little kidney stone cunt.

jobotic

Nope. Had some sort kidney infection three weeks ago though featuring pissing blood and a fever, antibiotics cured it. Now have massive pain from IBS flare up.

So no help, but I sympathise.

Sebastian Cobb

My dad did. Nasty stuff. He collapsed, ironically in an Ambulance Service HQ.

He said pissing it out was the worst part. I think they smash them up with ultrasound more these days.

Buelligan

Yep, had a friend who had one.  Said it was the worst thing ever, I think he had to birth it out through his penis in the end, though I may have imagined this from his screams.  Right as ninepence now.  Think he had the stone adopted.

Good luck HZJ, hope you feel much better very soon! 

Norton Canes

Yeah had one when I was about ten, horrible, was writhing all over the living room floor. Worst place to have a pain, you can't curl up around it. Did a big sick too. Must have eventually broken up or dissolved inside because I don't remember any discomfort ejecting it.

bgmnts

Are they're going to shove a tube up your urethra and you'll piss it out? That will suck.

My mother had gallstones that was nearly undiagnosed due to stupid doctors and she spent ages in hospital on that one.

Sort of related, the 2nd ever surgery of its kind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBnc5JLd5oY&ab_channel=SouthChinaMorningPost

holyzombiejesus

It feels just like a big stitch deep inside me. Getting no pain in my beautiful pendulous 'down there', thank goodness, but every time I go to the toilet, the little stone inches its way away from my kidney and it's so painful. Should drink lots of fluid but I really don't want to piss.

Sebastian Cobb

Not drinking water is probably how you got it in the first place so you probably want to avoid that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sorry to hear about this, I hate human bodies they are so shit

Non Stop Dancer

Brother had it a few years ago and said it was fucking horrendous. I live slightly in fear of them. Hope you don't have too terrible a time of it.

katzenjammer

I had one once and after the initial pain it was no trouble at all, even pissing it out was only a mild discomfort[nb]nome of that is true but everyone else was being so negative I thought you needed to hear something more positive. Best of luck![/nb]

Jittlebags

Mate of mine had them about 10 years ago. He went in to have them removed, and they found out he had a third kidney! True.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 10, 2021, 05:27:57 PM
It feels just like a big stitch deep inside me. Getting no pain in my beautiful pendulous 'down there', thank goodness, but every time I go to the toilet, the little stone inches its way away from my kidney and it's so painful. Should drink lots of fluid but I really don't want to piss.

Check in with us during the night so we know you're doing ok. Get better soon.

The Ombudsman

Don't know if it was a kidney stone or something else, but I once went for a piss, suddenly felt like I'd been stabbed in the lower back and then proceeded to feel like a cat scratched all the way along my urethra. Since that day I've drunk much more water to avoid ever having it again, if it was a kidney stone.

jobotic

That's the pain I've had with UTIs. Urethra pain that spreads up my rectum and halfway up my back. Delightful!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

PR diclofenac is your friend.

lankyguy95

Never had them but the fear is the main reason I drink any water.

Scammin

I've never had a kidney stone. I have had a bladder stone though, bloody massive it was.

Can I talk about that?

sprocket

I had one, it ended up blocking one of my kidneys and causing an infection, so I had a couple of fun weeks with a nephrostomy before they cut the stone out. All told about half as painful as ripping a toenail. Would recommend, 7/10.

imitationleather

idunnosomename

Fishfinger

Had one about 3 years ago. Woke up feeling queasy then 30 minutes later the savage pain kicked in. I ended up yelling and punching things in an irrational attempt to relieve it. The ambulance crew were kind enough to dope me up on morphine, which eventually sorted the agony and I pissed it out in hospital. Apparently it was about 2mm wide so I can only imagine how bad the big bastards are.

I definitely worry about it happening again. Drink plenty of water.

touchingcloth

The scariest thing I've ever seen committed to film is Al Swearingen's kidney stone issues in Deadwood. I've lived in paranoid fear ever since, so you could have put a trigger warning on the thread, cunt.

Buelligan

If we're going to relate traumatic famous stone incidents, I believe Samual Pepys had 'em, think they were bladder ones.  Anyway, in the end the poor fuck got so desperate, he elected to have them surgically removed.  In those days, this would have been without either anaesthetic or antibiotics, poor sod, 'magine.  We don't know how lucky we are.

idunnosomename

this might avail you of sympathy for Mr Pepys

https://www.pepysdiary.com/diary/1660/12/01/

basically his diary is just him being a cunt.

Buelligan

Yeah, I know he was a cunt but still, surgery without anaesthetic?  Not many really serious cunts deserve that.

touchingcloth

I think Pepys is a great bunch of lads. Dm me if you want to know his username on here.

seepage

Thank God that post Brexit we can once again order wine by the pint, just like Pepys.

imitationleather

A rare photo of Samuel Pepys.

good times

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 10, 2021, 04:49:16 PM
Anyone ever had them? Woke up this morning and was in the worst pain of my life, to the extent that we called an ambulance. 8 hours later, turns out I've got a kidney stone. Been given a really strong pain killer so am unsure if it's not so painful now or if I just can't feel it due to the medication but fuck me it was horrible, nasty little kidney stone cunt.

Had the exact same last year, including having to get out an ambulance. Went to bed with mild pain in my side and it escalated to the point where by two in the morning I was vomiting uncontrollably and unable to find any position sitting, standing or lying where I wasn't in agony. Thought I was fucking dying.

What's mad is the two paramedics who came out poked at my abdomen and asked me a bunch of questions never once suggested it was kidney stones (even though it had crossed my mind) which shit me up even more as it made me think it was something far more grave.

In hospital they took blood, urine, gave me an ECG test, the works. After a few hours got seen by a proper doctor who told me it was almost certainly kidney stones and sent me home with some codeine. The next 48 hours were intermittent waves of agony mixed with spaced out opioid haze.