Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:53:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kidney stones

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 10, 2021, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

I'd been having this weird thing where I'd go to the toilet and then need another piss about 90 seconds later but with nothing ready to come out. This happened about once a week and lasted for a couple of hours the first time and increased each week until last week (week 4) when it lasted about a day and a half. Really uncomfortable but no actual pain. This Saturday I felt it when I woke up but when I went for the second 'empty' piss, I thought I'd ruptured my spleen or something. Felt like a really really painful stitch deep inside me, like deeper than muscle. The doctor told me that the stone is 3 to 4 mm and has now left my kidney tubes and is at the start of it's journey down my piss pipes. Is that going to be even more painful? Felt a little discomfort since the hospital but nothing remotely comparable to Saturday morning.

Glebe

Hope you're feeling better.

Buelligan

Not a doctor, afraid I don't know, only remember my mate's stone birth, he did go into hospital for that but I think, didn't need any kind of intervention (apart from painkillers).  From memory, the initial bit was the worst.  Hope you soon have a bouncing stone to show off! xxx

Thomas

I knew someone who had a kidney stone once, and when they broke it open there was a fossilised ammonite inside.