Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bastardchef

Started by Chedney Honks, April 10, 2021, 04:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

On BritBox, been watching the original John and Greg(g) series of Masterchef from the early 2000s and they're both total pricks, real Keys and Gray vibe, bit lecherous but also dismissive and disrespectful to any young women, and they get into some proper character assassination stuff about how they find people annoying or a bit wet. They also take the piss out of any man who they think is a bit of a poof or intellectual or just not a true lad like them. There's one bit where they are asking some lad about his interests and admittedly it's something shit and Greg goes "can I ask...have you got a girlfriend?" like it's a punchline.

Got to be honest, my wife and I are fucking loving it. Amazing entertainment and I can't wait for a slow news day when these two get fucking rinsed for it.

Also, all the food looks fucking SHIT!

wooders1978

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 10, 2021, 04:58:07 PM
On BritBox, been watching the original John and Greg(g) series of Masterchef from the early 2000s and they're both total pricks, real Keys and Gray vibe, bit lecherous but also dismissive and disrespectful to any young women, and they get into some proper character assassination stuff about how they find people annoying or a bit wet. They also take the piss out of any man who they think is a bit of a poof or intellectual or just not a true lad like them. There's one bit where they are asking some lad about his interests and admittedly it's something shit and Greg goes "can I ask...have you got a girlfriend?" like it's a punchline.

Got to be honest, my wife and I are fucking loving it. Amazing entertainment and I can't wait for a slow news day when these two get fucking rinsed for it.

Also, all the food looks fucking SHIT!

Awesome, looked at britbox to see if the older masterchef series were present but it appeared not, so "fanks' as Gregg would say, hope great British menu and masterchef are also there

DocDaneeka

If someone with Britbox could clip the bit where some guy cooked beans on toast as a main and plum dumplings (plums with mashed potato wrapped around them) I would be very grateful.

In my top 5 TV moments of all time.

paruses

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 10, 2021, 05:56:33 PM
Awesome, looked at britbox to see if the older masterchef series were present but it appeared not, so "fanks' as Gregg would say, hope great British menu and masterchef are also there
Do you mean the Loyd Grossmann ones? Chedney's post made me think of those. I probably think of them once every couple of years. They provoke very vivid almost sensory memories of late 80s middle class aspiration and provincial Sunday afternoons. And the Juniors is probably my first experience of a hate watch; the grim fascination of seeing those senior IT consultancy managers trapped in 13 year old bodies cooking duck and jus.

wooders1978

Well the britbox catalogue is very disappointing/shit - 4 seasons of masterchef from yonks ago and nothing else, no pros, no great British menu - wank.