Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recipe Boxes

Started by Chedney Honks, April 12, 2021, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

I actually put some of imi's ket in the creamy sauce 🤣🤣🤣

Sebastian Cobb

You can beat supermarket chicken stuff by baking chicken thighs and pouring a GOOD hot sauce on them imo.

mothman

I'm feeling quite chuffed with dinner tonight. Nice big tray bake of veg (peppers, red onions, butternut squash, tossed in lemon juice & olive oil) with some chicken breasts on top (slathered in harissa & lemon). Lovely.

paruses

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 13, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
I've got a Breville Blendactive blender which is essentially a Nutribullet but at a fraction of the price:

Thanks. I think I will invest.

I enjoy cooking and am not going to live on huel but this in the morning instead of half a loaf of toast or worse/better would be handy to have as a option.

Where do you get the protein powder? I saw my weightlifting neighbour struggling into his flat with a dustbin-sized tub. I don't want to be buying that much.

Blue Jam

Quote from: paruses on April 15, 2021, 08:46:37 AM
Thanks. I think I will invest.

I enjoy cooking and am not going to live on huel but this in the morning instead of half a loaf of toast or worse/better would be handy to have as a option.

Where do you get the protein powder? I saw my weightlifting neighbour struggling into his flat with a dustbin-sized tub. I don't want to be buying that much.

Holland and Barratt do a good range, but I just get whatever's reduced in the branch of Boots near my flat which always seems to have it reduced to clear. Tried one called SlenderBlend which wasn't nice, now got two tubs of XLS powder, vanilla and chocolate, which are nice, and tried one called Almased which was honey and almond flavoured, a bit grainy but when added to frozen raspberries I got a shake that tasted like cheesecake. Had one called PhD Nutrition once, the chocolate orange flavour was nasty but the cherry bakewell one was nice and impressively natural-tasting. You can get unflavoured protein powder too if you're a purist or don't want to taint the fruit flavour.

Forget the big tubs, get one of those and you'll get really bored of the taste and dying to finish it off. The ones I get are 400-500g, and good for about 16 smoothies.

I also once got some stuff called Protein Oats from TK Maxx- oats with added finely-chopped nuts, coconut and flaxseed. Oats are nice in a smoothie, they add texture and they're filling and the sugar is slow-release so they keep you going for a while. It's surprising what you can find in the food section of TK Maxx, stuff like posh oatmeal, matcha powder,coconut flour and big tins of smoked paprika, I'd recommend a browse there.

Blue Jam

One more thing: drinking lots of fruit smoothies can give you acid erosion, as my dentist pointed out to me when noticing a little translucent patch of enamel. She then recommended that I don't give up the healthy smoothies, but to drink them through a straw and have a glass of water afterwards, so do that.

Sebastian Cobb

Rich Uncle Skeleton

got given some hello fresh code that I was surprisingly allowed to use for a full size box (Five meals for 4 people) rather than some little teaser box with a couple of meals for one. 67 quid worth of food for nothing which is very nice but sod actually paying that every week!

Kankurette

Sainsbury's does protein powders, at least the big branches do.

Buelligan

Can't help feeling this new thing (newish thing) must have some crossover, some chance of a tie-in, a way of repackaging, the traditional sending of a box of shit to ones enemies.  Has to.

Maybe it's simply that now one actually pays the sender.

Chedney Honks

Got a message from the dad who moved into our old house saying fucking Hello Fresh just delivered ohhh shittttt forgot to unsub.

😅😅😅

Let's just call it a housewarming I said!

😂😂😂

No can do, the whole fucking family is veggie!

🤣🤣🤣