Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:40:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wonder Showzen's Beat Kids, an oral history (also, DVD out now)

Started by Mister Six, April 12, 2021, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

The AV Club has done an oral history of Wonder Showzen's Beat Kids segment, in time for the show's DVD release (probably just R1 though).

Quite sweet to read how much free rein they let the kids have when they knew they were up for it, and how much behind-the-scenes fretting there was over some of the more OTT segments.

McChesney Duntz

Nice. Chapman and Lee's previous interviews with the A.V. Club are some of the most hysterical things ever, so it's always good to see them turn up there. Reminds me of when that site actually had some juice to it.

The Mollusk

Cool, thanks!

I always assumed the show already had a DVD release? I'm sure my friend had it, but maybe it was a pirate copy.

Egyptian Feast

I have the original S1 DVD (region 1 only), with Chauncey's merkin poking through the sleeve. S2 had a release as well, but I never got around to picking it up.

ProvanFan

Famous Mortimer

I have both series on DVD already, but hopefully these new ones will have extra stuff and be worth picking up.

Mister Six

According to the interview they would spend an entire day filming one Beat Kids segment, so I'm hoping they've held onto the rushes for all that stuff, at least.

13 schoolyards

According to the Amazon reviews this "new" DVD set is just the original R1 DVDs repackaged with no new extra features.

holyzombiejesus

Never seen this but reading about the Beat Kids section, wasn't there a series on Channel 4 that did the same thing? Was it one of those never-to-be-repeated things that now look as dodgy as fuck?

The Mollusk

NoSleep

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 14, 2021, 12:29:50 PM
Never seen this but reading about the Beat Kids section, wasn't there a series on Channel 4 that did the same thing? Was it one of those never-to-be-repeated things that now look as dodgy as fuck?

That's the vital difference between PFFR and C4.