Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who use 2 initials instead of a first name are generally wankers.

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 12, 2021, 08:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Also those who use a middle initial to make themselves sound all grand or clever.

Sebastian Cobb

Grown adults putting their academic qualifications on the end when they're no longer in academia and in many cases only have an honours or a masters though.

Zetetic

Any strong opinions on R.L. Stein, who's probably the most famous of these (top 5 at least)?

A sample of the top of my head:

AA Milne, BB King, JG Ballard, PJ Harvey, PJ Proby, JK Rowling, JK Galbraith, HP Lovecraft, MC Ren.

I can't really discern a pattern based on that sample.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zetetic on April 12, 2021, 08:26:25 PM
Any strong opinions on R.L. Stein, who's probably the most famous of these (top 5 at least)?

He's not even the most famous R.L.

Dex Sawash

Pink Gregory

Shut up, I do it because I don't like my first name because it's either incongruously posh or the name of a playground snitch.

pigamus

imitationleather

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 12, 2021, 08:26:01 PM
Grown adults putting their academic qualifications on the end when they're no longer in academia and in many cases only have an honours or a masters though.

At an old job some nice lady with a proper alphabet took it all the way to the top because people in the call center weren't reading out the letters on her name and putting them on the correspondence. Someone put her on speakerphone once and she was saying I didn't work so hard for my education so you could disrepect me like this and demanded to know the qualifications of everyone she spoke to

She fucked up the database because she kept persuading new employees to input her alphabet into all the fields and it would save over the information in her file so her invoices were getting sent out to F. Ed. Fu.cks. Sa.Ke. Ed.

Naturally when traced none of these letters were real qualifications they were all degree mill stuff. Line manager still said it'd be on me if I didn't call her 'doctor' tho

Midas

Dex Sawash

Cold Meat Platter

H R Giger.

EDIT: and OJ Simpson

For what it's worth I reserve my wrath for the firstname initial surname wanks.

Buelligan

mothman

rue the polywhirl

W.C Fields, J. S Bach, G.K Chesterton, G.I Joe (and G.I Jane).

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000