Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who use 2 initials instead of a first name are generally wankers.

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 12, 2021, 08:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Blinder Data

I've started doing this more and more when I order stuff online mostly so that I remain somewhat a mystery to the MAN

Also I'm known by my middle name rather than my first so filling out the name section on forms is always a bit of a minefield.

As a compromise for a time I styled myself using first initial, middle name and surname e.g. F Scott Fitzgerald. However, for that brief period I did feel like a wanker so I quickly put an end to it.

Mr Banlon

Buelligan

Mr Banlon

Johnny Yesno

Mr Banlon

Replies From View

Pink Gregory

kalowski

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 13, 2021, 11:36:56 AM

As a compromise for a time I styled myself using first initial, middle name and surname e.g. F Scott Fitzgerald. However, for that brief period I did feel like a wanker so I quickly put an end to it.
Edit. I got the name wrong.

mothman

mothman

holyzombiejesus

Only one initial but the 'esq' more than elevates the guy to the uppermost tier of cunitutde.

Ferris

kalowski

Johnny Yesno

mothman

Pranet

I didn't get where I am today by using two initials instead of a first name.

Ferris

mothman

kngen

SE Hinton wrote some nice books
SE Racing made some nice bikes

Disagree with OP's theory.

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 13, 2021, 10:11:19 AM
M.C. Escher/Hammer

I find it genuinely aggrieving in this instance, but that's because fashions have turned around and "Monty Carlo" is now cool again.  In their day, they would have been mocked for a pair of names like that.

Jockice

I do this on my email address but it's mainly because I have a very common first name and a not particularly uncommon surname, so it's hard to get a unique identity. I hate my middle name though. With a vengeance. And it grinds my gears that I have to acknowledge its existence in any way. Especially since neither of my parents even had a middle name and they didn't give my sister one either.

I've been through this before several times on here though but even at the age of 55 I find it very hard to forgive them. Especially my sis cos she's the only one still alive and it was her idea to have those names in that order in the first place. It's the one element of my existence I have absolutely no sense of humour about, especially since others think it's hilarious.