Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who use 2 initials instead of a first name are generally wankers.

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 12, 2021, 08:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

my first 2 initials are "DJ", like a dj, which is cool, and my bank card says "Mr DJ Sturgeon" on it, which is very cool

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Jockice on April 14, 2021, 07:24:02 AM
I do this on my email address but it's mainly because I have a very common first name and a not particularly uncommon surname, so it's hard to get a unique identity. I hate my middle name though. With a vengeance. And it grinds my gears that I have to acknowledge its existence in any way. Especially since neither of my parents even had a middle name and they didn't give my sister one either.

I've been through this before several times on here though but even at the age of 55 I find it very hard to forgive them. Especially my sis cos she's the only one still alive and it was her idea to have those names in that order in the first place. It's the one element of my existence I have absolutely no sense of humour about, especially since others think it's hilarious.

It's de Pfeffel, isn't it?

Dex Sawash

Jockice

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 14, 2021, 10:57:18 AM
It's de Pfeffel, isn't it?

Sadly not. Just imagine one of the most common first names in the English language. And then combine it with a less common but still really common first name  Both fine names in their own way and on their own. But combined they have a slang meaning guaranteed to have people hooting and going: "Ho ho ho. I can't believe you're called that! What were your parents thinking?" Etc etfuckingcetera. And as I've said, I totally fail to see the funny side. If I ever kill anyone it'll be because of this.

I was named after both my grandfathers. I still hold my sister responsible. It was meant to be the other way round but apparently she insisted. Cow.

Dex Sawash

Johnny Yesno

Garysue?

It's probably slang I've never heard of used by the young people like yourself.

Blumf

zomgmouse

Quote from: kittens on April 14, 2021, 08:53:37 AM
my first 2 initials are "DJ", like a dj, which is cool, and my bank card says "Mr DJ Sturgeon" on it, which is very cool

what else does it say on your bank card DJ?

idunnosomename

noticed today some bank cards have changed the number on the back to only be three digits because thats all we ever get asked for

zomgmouse

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Alternative Carpark on April 16, 2021, 10:44:45 AM
H G Wells

He only invented invisibility so he could have a crafty wank. And he only invented time travel so he could fit more wanks in.

dissolute ocelot

JRR Tolkien, CLR James, it's hard to get worked up over 3 initials, it sounds like you're trying to be dull as possible to warn people it's all fucking elves and/or cricket.

F Scott Fitzgerald=cunt.

buttgammon

TS Eliot: great poet who should've known better and at least considered the fact that his name with initials was a very obvious anagram of 'toilets'.

studpuppet

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 19, 2021, 11:03:25 AM
JRR Tolkien, CLR James, it's hard to get worked up over 3 initials, it sounds like you're trying to be dull as possible to warn people it's all fucking elves and/or cricket.

True story: my dad gave me and my brother two middle names so that, "The initials would look better on a cricket scoreboard."

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on April 15, 2021, 11:11:01 AM
Sadly not. Just imagine one of the most common first names in the English language. And then combine it with a less common but still really common first name  Both fine names in their own way and on their own. But combined they have a slang meaning guaranteed to have people hooting and going: "Ho ho ho. I can't believe you're called that! What were your parents thinking?" Etc etfuckingcetera. And as I've said, I totally fail to see the funny side. If I ever kill anyone it'll be because of this.

I was named after both my grandfathers. I still hold my sister responsible. It was meant to be the other way round but apparently she insisted. Cow.

This subject actually came up while I was at a friend's social event on Saturday evening. It was a friend's wife who asked if I had a middle name so I told her what it was (I've realised by now there's no point hiding it. It's formed a crucial part of my character.) and 30 seconds later she realised: "So you're actually called..".followed by the inevitable laughter. But the expression on my face stopped her and she went:"But surely nobody insulted you when you were younger because of that?" At which point her husband made a statement along the lines of how schoolkids would definitely never mention anything that was seen as a weak spot in another pupil. He was being sarcastic. He has a comedy surname (well, not an actual comedy one, but one that could be used for comedic purposes) so knows how I feel. A bit. It's a different thing marrying into it rather than being born with it. I should imagine.

Dex Sawash

mothman

Ian Drunken Smurf

AB de Villiers
JP Duminy
BJ Watling

Three cricketers from the recent past

And then of course there was AJ Kitt...

Psmith

zomgmouse

A while ago my partner told me a joke she'd heard about how JRR Tolkien's name was Jolkien Rolkien Rolkien Tolkien and ever since I've found it fun to do other initialed names like this.

Parvey Jarvey Harvey
Kang Dang Lang
Cewis Sewis Lewis
etc

Icehaven

H H Munroe. Who also went by the pen name of Saki, so he was clearly determined to sound as pretentious as possible.