Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

South African variant cases in parts of London

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 13, 2021, 06:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 19, 2021, 06:52:45 AM
Absolutely fuming here, mate. We all love Bois Johnson and think he's done a brilliant job so you might want to take that sort of chat elsewhere.

Cabbers do broadly agree with Johnson's policy though, but he's an evil Tory so they can't admit it. That's why instead of criticizing his pseudoscientific lockdown approach which has achieved fuck all and has shafted the poor, all they do is nitpick and insist that he should have locked down a couple of weeks earlier.

Chedney Honks

Johnno knows best though, hence delaying and delaying and delaying at every turn resulting in 125k deaths and ignoring the public health implications until the NHS was falling apart. The funny thing is that he has actually pandered to people with your (apparent) perspective throughout until the political consequences of mass death became unpalatable.

As I've said elsewhere, if this were all about authoritarianism and control, why has the UK's response been consistently slower and more poorly implemented than all but a handful of countries around the world? You don't even need to wear a mask, you can just say you're exempt, no questions.

I'm sure we both loathe the government and I agree that they've fucked over the poor and small businesses, but your reasoning as to how and why this happened is backwards. They've actually tried their hardest to prioritise what you want, rather than public health, but they happened to completely fuck it up.