Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Art.

Started by Mobius, April 13, 2021, 09:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Quote from: kittens on April 13, 2021, 10:02:07 PM
my own dumb little nappy-wearing stupid drooling baby. my ridiculous tiny entirely-lacking-in-any-kind-of-motor-control baby could easily put a coca cola vending machine into an art gallery as an installation. yet he is ignored

Why don't you shove your precious art-genius baby up your bum and go and hang yourself(s) (on the wall) in his gallery, alongside his fucking dots, so he can give you(s) a right good critical appraisal?

[img wide=400]https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/9/27/1380295271054/Damien-Hirst-with-Mother--010.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdGctZGVmYXVsdC5wbmc&enable=upscale&s=aea72e43ad20bbae38ef0e4393009874[/img]

New Page (And summat's wrong with the photo thinmmy)

Johnny Yesno

It should be 'width' not 'wide' in the tags.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 14, 2021, 01:02:52 PM
surely the best thing would be to give the two extra daubers a credit

No need. They are 'assistants'.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 14, 2021, 01:02:52 PM
Read something the other day about some art that was basically a canvas with paint splashed across it.  The paint cans and brushes had also been left in front of the canvas as part of the art.  Probably valued at some silly amount.  Bloke and his wife comes along and assumes it's a participatory type thing and proceeds to use a brush to daub some more paint on, and wasn't stopped for quite some time.  Now they've got a dilemma what to do next, and the artist has been informed.  I don't know what happened next as I've not looked for updates on the story, but surely the best thing would be to give the two extra daubers a credit and treat it as part of the art.
In South Korea, although the artist was American. The police arrested them but decided not to press charges. The gallery reckoned they might get sue the couple for the cost of restoration, but any good judge would ask for proof they'd reduced its value rather than increasing it. The publicity alone will increase the artist's prices significantly. He ("JonOne") should be paying the poor visitors for the trauma they suffered as well as the PR they provided.

steve98

Quote from: steve98 on April 14, 2021, 01:50:12 PM
Why don't you shove your precious art-genius baby up your bum and go and hang yourself(s) (on the wall) in his gallery, alongside his fucking dots, so he can give you(s) a right good critical appraisal?

New Page (And summat's wrong with the photo thinmmy)

steve98

Quote from: steve98 on April 14, 2021, 01:50:12 PM

New Page (And summat's wrong with the photo thingmmy)

EDIT. Photo thingmy sorted.

steve98

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 14, 2021, 04:28:48 PM
It should be 'width' not 'wide' in the tags.

Well spotted.