Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

McJagger & Rodney Grohl's pandemic record

Started by PaulTMA, April 14, 2021, 12:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

non capisco

"Teach myself to cook" sings 77 year old Mick Jagger. EEEEEERE KEEF I'VE JUST DISCOVERED A NOO RECIPE IT'S CALLED BAKED BEEEEEEEANS

idunnosomename

well done to young DAVE GROHL 52 and ¼ years old for writing a bit of a song for leather muppet to croon over about masks and shit. congratulations to all involved. my dick fell off and I ate it.

chveik

good shit

grinning like a loon
dancing in my kitchen
etc.

Goldentony

makin a pie in the kitchin
sure is fuckin shit
ahhh jate me life
ive done so many bad things
im definitely
GOIEEENNG TO FUCKING HELL

chorus

WE ARE TWO CUNTS

The Mollusk

Love it mate just the antidote to these mad times we're living in 😂 sorry no offence to the kids who don't get this but it's called rock and roll maybe wanna show these legends some respect 😂 they genuinely don't make em like this any more!!

Butchers Blind

No-one needed to hear this, Grohl and Jagger included.

turnstyle

Grohl collects collaborations with aging rockers like they're Pokemon. I mean, best of the luck to the fella, but how long until he's ticked off all his musical luminaries at the top of his list and starts to work his way down to the lower ranks, until he's collaborated with every man woman and child that ever dared pick up a guitar.

'For me, it was so exciting to work with Northern Uproar. In a lot of ways they picked up the burning torch of rebellion that Nirvana dropped in 1994. I remember writing the Foos second album when I first heard 'From a Window'. Fuck man, that record. I ripped everything up and started again after I heard it. For me, it was year zero for rock music.'

SteveDave

The one line I like is "See my poncey books" everything else can be shot dead and buried alive.

PaulTMA

jobotic

Toby Young is apparently saying that this shows that Grohl and Jagger are on his side (ie. anti-lockdown grifters).

I assume that this is bullshit?

SteveDave

Quote from: jobotic on April 14, 2021, 12:01:52 PM
Toby Young is apparently saying that this shows that Grohl and Jagger are on his side (ie. anti-lockdown grifters).

I assume that this is bullshit?

WE TOOK IT ON THE CHIN
THE NUMBERS WERE SO GRIM
BOSSED AROUND BY PRICKS
STIFFEN UPPER LIPS
PACING IN THE YARD
YOU'RE TRYING TO TAKE THE MICK
YOU MUST THINK IM REALLY THICK

LOOKING AT THE GRAPHS WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS
CANCEL ALL THE TOURS FOOTBALLS FAKE APPLAUSE
NO MORE TRAVEL BROCHURES
VIRTUAL PREMIERES
IVE GOT NOTHING LEFT TO WEAR

LOOKING OUT FROM THESE PRISON WALLS
YOU GOT TO ROB PETER IF YOU'RE PAYING PAUL
BUT ITS EASY EASY EVERYTHING'S GONNA GET REALLY FREAKY
ALRIGHT ON THE NIGHT
SOON IT LL BE BE A MEMORY YOU'RE TRYING TO REMEMBER TO FORGET

THATS A PRETTY MASK
BUT NEVER TAKE A CHANCE TIK TOK STUPID DANCE
TOOK A SAMBA CLASS I LANDED ON MY ASS
TRYING TO WRITE A TUNE YOU BETTER HOOK ME UP TO ZOOM
SEE MY PONCEY BOOKS TEACH MYSELF TO COOK
WAY TOO MUCH TV ITS LOBOTOMISING ME
THINK IVE PUT ON WEIGHT
ILL HAVE ANOTHER DRINK THEN ILL CLEAN THE KITCHEN SINK

WE ESCAPED FROM THE PRISON WALLS
OPEN THE WINDOWS AND OPEN THE DOORS
BUT ITS EASY EASY
EVERYTHING S GONNA GET REALLY FREAKY
ALRIGHT ON THE NIGHT
ITS GONNA BE A GARDEN OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS
EASY SLEAZY ITS GONNA BE SMOOTH AND GREASY
YEAH EASY BELIEVE ME
ITL'L ONLY BE A MEMORY YOU'RE TRYING TO REMEMBER
TO FORGET

SHOOTING THE VACCINE BILL GATES IS IN MY BLOODSTREAM
ITS MIND CONTROL
THE EARTH IS FLAT AND COLD ITS NEVER WARMING UP
THE ARCTICS TURNED TO SLUSH
THE SECOND COMINGS LATE
THERES ALIENS IN THE DEEP STATE

WE'LL ESCAPE FROM THESE PRISON WALLS
NOW WERE OUT OF THESE PRISON WALLS
YOU GOTTA PAY PETER IF YOU'RE ROBBING PAUL
BUT ITS EASY EASY EVERYTHING S GONNA BE REALLY FREAKY
ALRIGHT ON THE NIGHT
WERE ALL HEADED BACK TO PARADISE
YEAH EASY BELIEVE ME
ITL'L BE A MEMORY YOU'RE TRYING TO REMEMBER TO FORGET
EASY CHEESY EVERYONE SING PLEASE PLEASE ME
ITL'L BE A MEMORY YOU'RE TRING TO REMEMBER TO FORGET

It's hard to see what way he leans...

Chedney Honks

Quote from: The Mollusk on April 14, 2021, 07:28:41 AM
Love it mate just the antidote to these mad times we're living in 😂 sorry no offence to the kids who don't get this but it's called rock and roll maybe wanna show these legends some respect 😂 they genuinely don't make em like this any more!!

Nailed it.

TheMonk

It's shit, but is it a Money For Nothing? Is it supposed to be a character he's playing here? Sounds like a Bill Wyman B side.

gilbertharding

To quote the Black Spiders, 'what good's rock without a roll?'

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: non capisco on April 14, 2021, 12:35:11 AM
EEEEEERE KEEF I'VE JUST DISCOVERED A NOO RECIPE IT'S CALLED BAKED BEEEEEEEANS

kngen

Strong 'I'm a Punky Monkey' vibes from the pen of Jagger here. Wonder if we could get Grohl to re-record that, too.

PlanktonSideburns

So is grohl still an antivaxxer or what?

Janie Jones

Quote from: The Mollusk on April 14, 2021, 07:28:41 AM

Hello there, my Facebook feed.

As I have a number of friends who are old men who post memes about how you can't buy too many Fender guitars, I feel I already know Mick & Dave's derivative offering. This sort of ooh-little-bit-of-politics-ladies-and-gentlemen pub rock has been played by and for centrist gammons for many years.  In fact, here's my dear friend from down the pub John's almost identical offering from 11 years ago. (Most people involved in this are now dead or demented, I post this with affection, for illustration purposes)

https://youtu.be/OXymtHmgSC8

PaulTMA

I'm torn between thinking it is great or the worst actual thing ever.  Grohl's presence pushes it towards the latter obviously.  However, if John Otway had done this, it'd be amazing

idunnosomename

i mean this is shit and i am loathed to analyse it, but it's clear he's just spouting off cliches from sceptics and adherents to the pandemic narrative. clearly a bit of fun. but the Daily Mail takes a WOKE SLAM angle because that's their job

The Mollusk

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 15, 2021, 02:26:41 AM
i mean this is shit and i am loathed to analyse it, but it's clear he's just spouting off cliches from sceptics and adherents to the pandemic narrative. clearly a bit of fun. but the Daily Mail takes a WOKE SLAM angle because that's their job

I suspect you're right but wouldn't it be great if this was actually government commissioned, consciously ambiguous and deliberately dull and vague beyond-double-speak post-irony propelling the human race into further confused and fatigued subservience? Imagine getting down the pub finally and it's the first thing you hear on the sound system. Straight to the bar for a pint of Grohlsh and a cheeky Jäggerbomb. The house always wins.

Head Gardener

I like the fact that Mick name checks my radio show Garden of Earthly Delights on 1:53 which is very kind of him

Aleister Growley

Sounds like Riot City Blues era Primal scream playing the Rutles.

"It's easy, cheezy, everybody sing please, please me"

I'm not saying that Grolsch and Diggler are the worst people alive. But one of them is.

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on April 14, 2021, 12:22:01 PM
Best thing jagger ever did

There comes a point in every man's life when he realises he's older than Jagger & Bowie in that video, it's not nice.

Chicory

Finally, a much needed blasting of the cynical myth that old rockers are whinging, thick as pigshit bores who never matured beyond the age of 15.

PaulTMA

Quote from: Aleister Growley on April 15, 2021, 12:30:11 PM

Sounds like Riot City Blues era Primal scream playing the Rutles.

"It's easy, cheezy, everybody sing please, please me"

I'm not saying that Grolsch and Diggler are the worst people alive. But one of them is.

I was getting more a late-period Carter USM feel, when they had real drums an stuff