Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Time with Alan Partridge series 2

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, April 14, 2021, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Whoever wrote the episode preview on the Radio Times website claims to be 'sworn to secrecy' about which character will return, then follows it with a complete cast list.  Seems entirely fitting.

H-O-W-L

Very funny if they published a fake cast list on purpose.

neveragain

According to the Radio Times, on top of the mystery guest this Friday, the third episode features 'a big star' in the role of a TV critic (and it isn't revealed in the listings' credits).

paruses

I think I would only accept Reece Shearsmith as the big star. If they start having Names in to play characters I will be so disappointed.

bomb_dog

I'm just going to stay the fuck out of this thread until after the episode.

ProvanFan

It's
Spoiler alert
Alex Chilton
[close]

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: ProvanFan on May 05, 2021, 01:03:18 AM
It's
Spoiler alert
Alex Chilton
[close]

It's
Spoiler alert
Ted Hastings from Line of Duty. A frankly disgusting example of BBC cross-brand pollination.
[close]

VelourSpirit

Quote from: neveragain on May 04, 2021, 08:56:24 PM
According to the Radio Times, on top of the mystery guest this Friday, the third episode features 'a big star' in the role of a TV critic (and it isn't revealed in the listings' credits).
The big star is listed here and on Radio Times now, very unexpected. Quite odd that they've listed it but haven't done a big announcement...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000w2ft

An tSaoi

Jesus, how did they manage to get
Spoiler alert
Steve Coogan
[close]
?

oy vey

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 05, 2021, 11:17:41 AM
Jesus, how did they manage to get
Spoiler alert
Steve Coogan
[close]
?

I think he's being played by
Spoiler alert
Alan Partridge
[close]

SteveDave

Quote from: TwinPeaks on May 05, 2021, 10:49:52 AM
The big star is listed here and on Radio Times now, very unexpected. Quite odd that they've listed it but haven't done a big announcement...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000w2ft

From that picture I genuinely thought it was
Spoiler alert
Rob Brydon as Partridge
[close]
for a few seconds and then I realised it wasn't.

chveik

can't wait for friday so i can read all these spoilers!

BlodwynPig

I'm going to spoil it 1 second before it airs

shiftwork2

Fuck is the point of that trailer?  It's hardly likely to ignite the imagination of the passer-by (especially as
Spoiler alert
Alan Ford
[close]
looks so old now) and kills what would have been a massive surprise for Partridge fans.

TheQueensboroBridge

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 05, 2021, 07:40:53 PM
Fuck is the point of that trailer?  It's hardly likely to ignite the imagination of the passer-by (especially as
Spoiler alert
Alan Ford
[close]
looks so old now) and kills what would have been a massive surprise for Partridge fans.

Think it sums up the main problem with This Time. It's still better than nearly all the other shite on TV but it feels like it's trying to be all things to all people. I know lots of fans were raging about his move to Sky and using Fosters to get MMM out but the two series of MMM and the documenataries they produced really started a second golden age of Partridge- I'd say MMM1 & 2 are as good as anything he's ever done- but This Time feels a bit diluted.
I reminded my Mum that a new series was starting last week and she was looking forward to it as she's been watching on and off since KMKYWAP and she texted me after to say it was funny but she was disappointed that it was a repeat and not a new series!   

Bazooka

Haha what a damning judgement from your Mum.

BeardFaceMan

But that type of thing is unrealistic, it would never happen in real life!

H-O-W-L

Spoiler alert
"That's like asking Jesus to give Judas a big easter-egg."
[close]

Blue Jam

idunnosomename

I refuse to watch this because of the "drinking beer and winning wars" spot they keep playing over and over on Radio 4. they should've at least got Coogan to record another one if they intended to keep plugging it past the first week

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Lemming

I had

to in

ter vene.

SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT

BlodwynPig

Magnum Valentino

Anyone else notice the street sign on Alan's digital recreation of his house?

Cuellar

Spoiler alert
Joe Beasley looked like Richard Herring. I enjoyed Alan's genuine delight at Cheeky Monkey's antics at the beginning
[close]

Some good awkward Alan face acting at the start.

H-O-W-L

Spoiler alert
That credits reveal was brilliant.
[close]

bomb_dog

Spoiler alert
Lovely ending. Good old Joe Beasley is a top bloke
[close]
!
Can we say it now?

Managed to avoid finding out who it was until it got into my Twitter feed 30 mins before the start...

BlodwynPig

Probably the funniest thing ive seen in the 20s - gold from start to finish. The little touches to the absurd utensil animation