Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Afghanistan pullout by September

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 14, 2021, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

All US troops to be removed from Afghanistan by September.

Good news or bad news? According to the BBC, "Afghans across the country have told the BBC's Afghan service that they are alarmed by the news".

Will the removal of US troops help stabilise Afghanistan or mean the country collapses into civil war? Is this a rare example of Biden being sensible or is he pulling troops out now so he can start another war?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56750439

Personally I don't know what the solution is in Afghanistan or how likely the Taliban are to take over. Afghanistan under Taliban control sounds pretty dreadful, especially for women.

bgmnts

Regardless of their decision, they are responsible for fucking up that entire country, as they have many countries in the middle east. Fucking cunt country.

Lose lose situation really.

chveik

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 14, 2021, 05:01:59 PM
"Afghans across the country have told the BBC's Afghan service that they are alarmed by the news".

good old BBC

touchingcloth

I was going to post this in Fuck My Hat at the reminder that the cunts are still there. I knew they were, but I'd forgotten.

Has it been long enough that to get them to leave one of their commanding officers from 70 years ago has had to come out of retirement and say the war finished ages ago?

The Dog

Listen men, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on April 14, 2021, 05:25:25 PM
good old BBC

The BBC can report that military spending is up by nearly 200%.

The BBC has learned from a source that Britain is gearing up for war.

Orla Guerin reports from Naypyitaw..."The children...just look at their eyes...they have stood here for days waiting for bread. Finally, a British soldier came, bearing gifts. The children...their smiles...as militia surrounded our crew we ducked for cover...when will this war be over the children ask me."

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 14, 2021, 05:01:59 PM
Personally I don't know what the solution is in Afghanistan or how likely the Taliban are to take over. Afghanistan under Taliban control sounds pretty dreadful, especially for women.

The Taliban already controls most of Afghanistan. In fact they are much more powerful and have a wider reach than when the U.S. invaded twenty years ago.

As for this latest "news" it strikes me as just another misleading non-story. The U.S. government has been periodically lying about imminently leaving Afghanistan for many years now. In fact the Trump administration agreed to a cease fire just last year fraudulently claiming that all U.S. forces would be out by (I think) the end of April, that is a couple weeks from now. Unfortunately, the corporate media has the memory of a goldfish or is otherwise just not interested in facts.

I'll believe it when I see it. And even then, I'm sure the reality will be that formal U.S. military officials will just be replaced by an even larger number of even worse private military contractors.

greenman

I mean isnt the main source of much of the conflict ethnic? The US helped Balkanise the country in the 80's to feed the conflict with the USSR and were still dealing with the legacy of that

idunnosomename

Keep it an shoe box on top of the wardrobe with the Duke of Edinburgh and Brexit ones

Dog Botherer

there'll still be troops there come christmas. every president since bush has pulled this shit, who's still falling for it?