Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Circle (US) - Season 2

Started by BritishHobo, April 14, 2021, 06:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Fresh off the very happy and uplifting third series of The Circle, the US edition is back. Four episodes dropping every Wednesday on Netflix, in the US and UK, and hopefully elsewhere too. Odd scheduling choice, but it could end up being a happy medium between bingewatching and the weekly nature of non-Circle reality shows.

Not started yet, but I'm sure I'll have many thoughts shortly.

Ja'moke

Something very off about this season (I'm on ep 3). It feels like the producers told them to be more strategic but they've taken that to mean just saying "strategic" a lot.

And that Essex girl is annoying as fuck. Seems to think it's a dating show.

BritishHobo

Yeah. I don't know if it's just that watching it straight after the UK one has made the contrast starker, but it feels lot colder and more artificial. It's like the US lot are much more primed by their reality TV to just play the game, and keep the emotion at arms-length. Whenever they talk about having each other's backs or making a friend til the end, it feels like they're not even trying to sound like they mean it - because they know it's all fake anyway, and those are the things they need to say.

The Essex girl should change that - injecting an element of Tally-esque energy to cut through the US vibe - but her own success on a US reality show makes her feel most plugged-in of all to that scene.

It's not grabbing me so far. May give it til the fourth episode, but not sure I'll get there.