Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

have you ever done/said any cool movie stuff in real life.

Started by madhair60, April 15, 2021, 01:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

jumped away from an explosion, KO'd a bad lad with one punch, said "save it for the judge" to a Perp

popcorn

Once an old man shouted at me for cycling on a footbridge and I shouted "get a grip grandad" and cycled off.

Bently Sheds

I said "What IS this place?" once. That's in loads of movies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I got the AIDS like the man who got the AIDS in that film largely about the AIDS, having the AIDS, dealing with the condition of the AIDS and society's stigma around those with the AIDS. I think they called the film 'AIDS overload or what mate jesus'

Chedney Honks

Absolutely loads.

Jumped out of the window of a moving bus and went straight into a swag walk.

Dex Sawash

Attila

I once climbed/jumped out of a window to avoid speaking to a professor I didn't like (back when I was a student). Dunno if that's Hollywood enough, though.

I also punched in the throat a guy who was mugging me at a cashpoint in London. Broad daylight, Sunday afternoon, people just stood there (by the Sainsburys opposite Holborn Tube Station) gawping while I shouted for help and that I was being mugged. The guy still got away with my money though :(

Fr.Bigley

I found myself in a catatonic state once in a hospital for some years, after a bit though this nice young doctor with a beard came and helped me out of it, I regressed soon after, this post is from my Twitter linked to a neural network that I uploaded my consciousness into.

Blue Jam

Shortly after my mother had died and I had been clearing out the house before putting it up for sale I was on a train carrying some stuff from the house to my flat in London. Someone was kicking off and being loud and annoying and disruptive, a woman going between arguing with a man on the phone to talking aloud about how he was a bastard and she was going to stab him, and making everyone in the carriage very nervous. I happened to have the sword cane I had inherited from my dad with me. I did think it would be pretty badass to pull out a sword and then politely ask her to calm down.

I didn't though, obviously. That would have been very silly and would have got me arrested. And I probably would have just looked like a twat.

Does owning a sword count, or does that just put me among the MRAs and the steampunks?

Blue Jam

I've also held a human brain. Felt pretty chuffed about that until I posted about it on Facebook and it turned out quite a lot of my friends had also held a human brain. That's what you get for being a nerd and being friends with nerds.

And yes, it is impossible to hold a human brain and not feel like you're auditioning to play Hamlet.

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 15, 2021, 02:15:11 PM
I've also held a human brain. Felt pretty chuffed about that until I posted about it on Facebook and it turned out quite a lot of my friends had also held a human brain. That's what you get for being a nerd and being friends with nerds.

And yes, it is impossible to hold a human brain and not feel like you're auditioning to play Hamlet.

I've held a metal bucket that contained a human brain - possibly not intact - and it was about as uncinematic as life gets.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 15, 2021, 02:15:11 PM

I've held a human brain. I'm holding it right now. In its original container, mind, and it's the brain I've been lugging around for my whole life. Not as horrific as you were hoping but someone must have done it in a movie. One of those teen dramas with bored kids sitting in class, for example.

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on April 15, 2021, 02:21:44 PM
I've held a metal bucket that contained a human brain - possibly not intact - and it was about as uncinematic as life gets.

Sounds a bit Pacific Rim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Nha64oDWk

The physicist keeping their hands clean while the biologist makes a mess on the floor. Yep, that's about right.

At work I also use lasers quite a lot but that's nowhere near as exciting as it sounds, though I did once have a sales rep tell me "Scientists love lasers" and I'm not sure I managed to keep a straight face.

Sebastian Cobb

No but I once splatted face first into a bus shelter like a cartoon character.

Icehaven

When I was about 18 I was walking home from the pub with two friends at about midnight and as we were crossing a river bridge a car pulled up on the other side of the road and the driver jumped out, ran round and opened the boot, pulled out a briefcase, threw it over the bridge then ran back to the car and screeched off at great speed. We just stood there for few moments thinking ''did we just see that?' We went over to where he'd thrown it to see if we could see anything (it was a very shallow river) but it was too dark.  This was before mobiles so we went to a nearby phonebox and called the police, although my friend made the call and he didn't want to leave his name so we never found out if anything came of it. Always wondered if it was drugs, or guns, or money, or all three, or maybe he was just doing a high-speed Reggie Perrin.

wooders1978

I chucked a knife at someone and it stuck them against a tree - only later did I realise "stick around" would be a cool thing to have said, unfortunately

Thomas

got headbutted

cried in a smoking area

DESTROYED heckler

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 15, 2021, 02:42:12 PM
I chucked a knife at someone and it stuck them against a tree - only later did I realise "stick around" would be a cool thing to have said, unfortunately

I used to be an aircraft mechanic on Sea Harriers and we had a US Marine pilot called Major Bennett who as he was walking around checking the aircraft, jabbed his shoulder into a very pointy vent called a shark's fin. Cue him cursing and swearing in pain and me turning to my co-maintainer and saying "Let off some steam Bennett" in my best wooden Arnie voice.  I didn't say it loud enough for the Major to hear as he was a humourless robot of the worst Yank marine type.

Paul Calf

I once hired an expensive prostitute and after a series of misadventures and misunderstandings, we realised that we were in love and...er...what happens at the end of Pretty Woman? I haven't seen it in about 25 years.

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 15, 2021, 03:03:56 PM
I once hired an expensive prostitute and after a series of misadventures and misunderstandings, we realised that we were in love and...er...what happens at the end of Pretty Woman? I haven't seen it in about 25 years.

The lead dies of a stranglewank whilst perusing a Littlewoods catalogue lingerie section.

Fondly recall one late night from years ago when I lived with a few mates...I could hear an annoying singular beep sounding every minute or so, to the extent that I stormed out of my room to see where it was coming from...one of my housemates came out of his room at the same time. We traced the beeping to the kitchen. The house was a constant shit tip , so we began shifting through a pile of random crap only to find the source of the noise...a c02 alarm. As we realised that it was indicating there was a co2 leak, we both burst out of the door to the garden into the night, heaving in lungfuls of crisp, safe, fresh air. It felt very much like being in a movie where they burst out of a burning building, and was gloriously over the top.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 15, 2021, 02:30:36 PM
No but I once splatted face first into a bus shelter like a cartoon character.
I once walked straight into a lamppost while looking at my phone, bashed my lip and nose. That's in films?

EDIT: I've also walked down the street with a personal soundtrack when I didn't realise my Bluetooth headphones weren't working and the sound was coming from my actual phone speaker.

MojoJojo

My lifes been made into a movie (John Wick), does that count?

Video Game Fan 2000

I've been mistaken for Hitler and danced with a globe a few times. Not connected incidents.

Rizla

I was showing off a BB gun (the airsoft type with barely enough stopping power to knock over a folded bit of paper) to my friend outside school and got BUSTED in hilariously over-the-top fashion by some plain clothes Sweeney lads who were at the lights - leaping out of their Sierra, badges showing, shouting "Police! Stop" all that business. Claimed my small plastic toy gun was so realistic it could have caused a pensioner to have a heart attack or some shit. Fucking pathetic. Got me in trouble with my mum, the absolute 'tashed bellends.

checkoutgirl

Got in a taxi once and said "Follow that car".

That's about it.

jobotic

I went back to the future. Can't think of any others.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Misspent Boners on April 15, 2021, 03:38:21 PM
Fondly recall one late night from years ago when I lived with a few mates...I could hear an annoying singular beep sounding every minute or so, to the extent that I stormed out of my room to see where it was coming from...one of my housemates came out of his room at the same time. We traced the beeping to the kitchen. The house was a constant shit tip , so we began shifting through a pile of random crap only to find the source of the noise...a c02 alarm. As we realised that it was indicating there was a co2 leak, we both burst out of the door to the garden into the night, heaving in lungfuls of crisp, safe, fresh air. It felt very much like being in a movie where they burst out of a burning building, and was gloriously over the top.

I don't remember a movie where a conman sold an alarm that could detect a harmless gas to some dunces and scared them half to death.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 15, 2021, 04:00:09 PM
Got in a taxi once and said "Follow that car".

That's about it.

Well, I got in a taxi once and the driver said 'Shut that door'. Beat that.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Attila on April 15, 2021, 02:03:20 PM
I also punched in the throat a guy who was mugging me at a cashpoint in London. Broad daylight, Sunday afternoon, people just stood there (by the Sainsburys opposite Holborn Tube Station) gawping while I shouted for help and that I was being mugged. The guy still got away with my money though :(

I used to work opposite there. That's so hard to imagine in a perpetually heaving place like that. Sorry you lost your tuppences x