Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Take a look at this!

Started by Glebe, April 15, 2021, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Pijlstaart

I must admit I'm not taken with bears. Brother would refer to his wife as "bear" or "bearface" in an allegedly affectionate way, presumably because she fattens up for winter. Perhaps related to that she was also extraordinarily slow, she waddled, we couldn't cross a road if there were any cars in the distance because she wouldn't be able to cross fast enough, and the usual routine was we'd cross the road, turn round to watch her waddle across and as a car hove into view brother would start shouting "Bear, run! Bear, run!". In crowded areas his shouts caused confusion and panic, evidencing not only that somewhere his life had gone very wrong, but that the general public are distrustful of bears.

We don't trust them because they swindle, trick and lie. It's a reputation the bears have seemingly cultivated, to the bear it is better to be known as a villain than to be known as himself. In the jingoistic victorian era they donned fezzes and waistcoats in the misguided belief that evocation of negative orientalist tropes would obscure the shameful truth that the defining aspect of bear culture, hibernation and the months of preparation that precede it, is simply a long-winded form of bulimia, the urge to purge thwarted by stubby fingers and claws. This is all playfully subverted in the literature of Rupert you're a wonderful Bear wherein the two-bit racist characters, think tigerlily, think the chinese conjuror, are humans, whilst the bear family are avatars of the west and of the reader. It is through a bears-eye view that we see a mawkish overly-saccharine nutwood, and in common with Rupert and all his teddybear friends, we want nothing more than to vomit.

steve98

What an enlightening post (even more so than normal). I had no idea about bear bulimia and hibernation.

touchingcloth

I saw the start of the video, and was convinced the bear was going to remove the smaller bear to reveal his penis.

Then I got distracted and missed the middle of the video, and started watching again when the woman was battering him and was glad that my initial suspicion had been proven correct.

Glebe

Anyone ever met a bear on a train? What was it like?

Fambo Number Mive

Yes. They were looking at their smartphone for most of the journey and got off two stops before I did.

They didn't have a smaller bear over their genitals, thankfully.