Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Having fun

Started by madhair60, April 16, 2021, 10:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

What do you do that is fun? What is the most fun thing for you to do? What do you get excited about, what do you look forward to, what puts a big grin on your face? That's what I want to know. What, when you're doing it, completely washes away all the bullshit and just makes you happy/exhilarated in the moment?

For the sake of obviousness let's get the obvious out of the way - shagging, cumming, etc. None of that.

bgmnts

Watching matadors get mauled by bulls and die is fucking ace.

Beyond that, nothing.

Attila

Fun for me at the moment:

*In the evening/on the weekend, when I can get stuck into handwork as a break from all the marking and other university madness

*Transcribing my father's war diary. I do'nt look ahead, so transcribing a month at a time is just like storytime.

Looking forward to:

*Being able to wander around a Roman site (especially the caput mundi itself).

*Going to visit my favourite vintage clothing shop in London -- I like the owners, and the apparel is fantastic.

*Going back to the British Museum

bgmnts

Quote from: Attila on April 16, 2021, 10:47:17 AM
*Being able to wander around a Roman site (especially the caput mundi itself).

I think I may revisit the amphitheatre and ruins in Caerleon tomorrow, just for giggles.

Attila

Quote from: bgmnts on April 16, 2021, 11:00:20 AM
I think I may revisit the amphitheatre and ruins in Caerleon tomorrow, just for giggles.

Oh, envious! It's been a long time since we visited there.

We've got Portchester Castle just up the road, but haven't been over there in a long time.

Buelligan

Motorcycling.  Alone, thinking gears and bends and camber.  Not thinking at all. 

Empty.  Emptied of myself, moving under trees in flashing light and shadow.  Bird free. 

All past lost, all future, unimportant, moving in now, forever.  A song of now.

This was my truest and most real moment of being.

This is the music of it.

kittens

getting driven around in my mate's shit car going all over the place looking at the things that there are.
getting pissed.
but most of all it's the car thing

Video Game Fan 2000

You fine fellows ever play a video game

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 16, 2021, 11:23:35 AM
You fine fellows ever play a video game

I did! Being in the flow in a good shmup, in that groove where the game is pushing back right at the biting point of your skill level, point blanking bastards, bang, bang, scooping up shiny things. Eeeek!
Euphoric. The whole world disappears.

Sebastian Cobb

I mostly stopped playing video games in my early 20's when I found I was too drained after doing not very demanding work to play them in the evenings. At the weekends I was usually doing other stuff. Never managed to get back into it.

So long as I'm not reeeeally tired, if I make the effort to push past that, I normally get a second wind and find that they recharge my batteries even though it's a proper mental workout.

frajer

I completely stopped buying games years back too, but bought a PS4 last year (my last owned console was a PS2.)

Swinging around as Spider-Man in that game he did is very satisfying. Also now getting into Days Gone, it's an absolute cracker.

So I suppose what I'm saying is my answer is also video games.

JaDanketies

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotewhat do you look forward to, what puts a big grin on your face? That's what I want to know. What, when you're doing it, completely washes away all the bullshit and just makes you happy/exhilarated in the moment?

- Playing music. A great mix of fun, challenge, expression, therapy, catharsis. It's a very fulfilling thing to do even at beginner level. Recording, hearing stuff back and being amazed that it has shambled towards something approaching good. Performing and noticing people aren't grimacing out of politeness but being encouraging and sometimes complimentary. Sometimes getting it all wrong but noticing the ground is still underneath you and people just want you to reset and keep going. Having taken that risk and made it out the other side is personal growth. But mainly, getting an instrument and trying to impose yourself on it is fun.

- Arriving in a new place or one rarely visited, seeing the place before you. Picking up the atmosphere, the attitudes, the history. Looking at the skyline and the buildings, sensing how much effort has gone in, beyond mere function to make something bold and/or beautiful despite there being no need for it. Sensing the relationship between the masters and the proles from the architecture, the public works. Occasionally, feeling a sense of genius locii from how the streets and squares knit together and the transporting quality that has, like you are feeling other people's memories pass through you. I find that exciting.

- Cold ones with the lads. Beers, that is, not showers or 'shit action'.

- I am one of those people who gets entertainment from abritrary contests where an individual or a team has to try and beat another at something, and I think that's fun.

Chedney Honks

The England cricket team beating or hopefully killing any other foreign cricket team, especially Australia and India. Some highlights were Ben Stokes in the Headingley Test and the ODI World Cup but the best was Jofra Archer bowling a ball very fast and hitting the Australian players on the body, hands and best of all head.

I'm 270 days sober, but that giddy, excited feeling when you've got a pocket full of weed and a rucksack full of booze and the suns shining and something nice playing on your headphones.
Cwoooooar!

I like it better being stable, but cwoooooar, I'm beaming just thinking about it! :D

Chedney Honks

Well done, man. That's a seriously good effort, especially in lockdown. I managed a few weeks off the piss in March but no chance I wasn't going back on it.

BlodwynPig

Sitting in the bungalow living room, the evening sun threatened by the gloaming. Enough of its rays filtering through the dust motes shimmering in the still air. A distant lawnmower the only sound apart from my laboured breathing. I'm still wearing the new grey loafers and beige slacks, not been outside to show them off in the vacant cul-de-sac yet. Whiskey tumbler is empty, overturned on the carpet. The four piece suite is still in good nick since I won it on 3-2-1 in the 1980s. A couple of photographs tell a tale. She's been gone for over a decade now, little Brian too.

Placing a cassette of Russ Abbot's seminal "Fun in the Sun" in the Toshiba deck, I sigh heavily and once more unzip my flies.

poo

ragging the fuck out of a bicycle all day then then gerrin cunted on booze n ganj

Butchers Blind

Sleeping. Getting some shut eye knowing you haven't got to do fuck all for hours.

druss

I like waving at people whilst I'm in the car, pretending I know them. Sometimes they wave back. Idiots.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 16, 2021, 12:50:45 PM
Sleeping. Getting some shut eye knowing you haven't got to do fuck all for hours.

Wait til you find out about dying.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 16, 2021, 12:57:42 PM
Wait til you find out about dying.

I know, I know. Can't fucking wait.

Video Game Fan 2000

Mr_Simnock

Endicott

Spending time with my partner, who I don't live with, and don't see as much as I'd like. Usually this is on trips out somewhere.

Generally just being outdoors.

Taking photographs, mostly landscape or wildlife.

Driving.

I'm currently planning a camping holiday to North Wales, covid permitting. Very much looking forward to that.

Also hoping to go to a big garden party in the summer with friends. We couldn't have one last year, but we usually get together somewhere at least twice a year.

I've a few recently lapsed pass times that I might start up again some day. I used to build and fly racing quadcopters, play pool to county std, and play golf reasonably well.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Buelligan on April 16, 2021, 11:14:39 AM
Motorcycling.  Alone, thinking gears and bends and camber.  Not thinking at all. 

Empty.  Emptied of myself, moving under trees in flashing light and shadow.  Bird free. 

All past lost, all future, unimportant, moving in now, forever.  A song of now.

This was my truest and most real moment of being.

This is the music of it.

You're listening to the wrong song mate. This one may as well have been written for you:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gavcjNniIvk

Buelligan

Never in those sunglasses darling.

Glebe

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Being outdoors. Rambling around in the woods or along the beach with the dog by my side. He can't ramble as far as he used to but he can usually manage 2-3km if we take it slow.