Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poly Styrene - I am a Cliché

Started by bakabaka, April 16, 2021, 06:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakabaka

Our local independent cinema is showing this with an after-film panel including Celeste Bell, Poly's daughter and co-director of the film.[nb]This is a double post from Oscillations. If it's a no-no, please remove it Neil. Just trying to help our local struggling indie cinema.[/nb]

QuotePoly Styrene + online panel discussion with Birds' Eye View

Featuring unseen archive material and rare diary entries narrated by Oscar-nominee Ruth Negga, Poly Styrene: I Am a Cliché is a brilliant new documentary about the incredible life of the late punk maverick, who introduced the world to a new sound of rebellion.

The film is available to enjoy at home, via the Watch Online section our website, where 50% of your rental fee will be donated to the Hyde Park Picture House, thanks to the brilliant Modern Films.

And if you love the movie as much as we do, you won't want to miss a special online panel discussion with our friends at Birds' Eye View, this Sunday at 6.30pm. On the panel will be Poly Styrene's daughter (and co-director of the film) Celeste Bell, alongside academic and musician Vivien Goldman and singer Rhoda Dakar.

Full details about this fantastic free event are available via the Birds' Eye View website.