Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Started by amateur, April 16, 2021, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amentet

I keep getting it recommended it on youtube after watching actual cat videos to turn my brain off while drinking tea.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 17, 2021, 08:38:23 PM
Probably this: https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1210935710586474496

In the episode of 8OO10C after Jimmy Carr was busted for tax evasion, amongst all the deserved kicking, Richardson made a point that implied David Cameron was just a good PM trying his best but people like Carr cause him all this trouble. It was a bit of an "alright, steady on there" moment. Seems like he might be stinkin' of blue.

Ambient Sheep

I'd forgotten that.  I only have vague memories of It, but I think at the time I thought he was being sarcastic.

Tempted to try to look it up now.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 20, 2021, 04:21:51 PM
I'd forgotten that.  I only have vague memories of It, but I think at the time I thought he was being sarcastic.

Tempted to try to look it up now.

He was very much serious. It's here about 11 minutes https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3h9to7

Chriddof

Oh my god, he was serious! And he makes a point which Sean Lock already basically mocked.

His comment when Sarah Millican challenges him just needed to be followed with a smash cut to footage of now.

BeardFaceMan

And here's me thinking he was just a boring cunt when all this time he's been an actual cunt.

The Crumb

Louie Spence's 'I bet Cameron fucking uses it' when Jon moans about the loophole is great, he seems genuinely annoyed at the prick.

paruses

Quote from: The Crumb on April 20, 2021, 11:08:39 PM
Louie Spence's 'I bet Cameron fucking uses it' when Jon moans about the loophole is great, he seems genuinely annoyed at the prick.

It is. Shame that Mickey Flanagan cuts across it with the superman thing because it would have been nice for there to be absolute silence while Richardson just nods and grins with annoyance.

trabuch

Quote from: paruses on April 20, 2021, 11:35:13 PM
It is. Shame that Mickey Flanagan cuts across it with the superman thing because it would have been nice for there to be absolute silence while Richardson just nods and grins with annoyance.

Sure sign of a shit comedian to miss that opportunity. (I'm ignoring any editing - was anyone here there?)

Ambient Sheep

Heads-up for anyone interested, it's being repeated from the start[nb]Although not the VERY start that happened during Ch4's crossover week, they never seem to reshow that.[/nb] from tonight (Mon 3rd May) on 4Music, of all places.

9pm Mon-Thu, then repeated in a block Sun 11pm-3am.  Seems to be the same the following week, so I assume it's an ongoing thing.  Freeview 30, Sky 139, Virgin 337.

Note to anyone else on Virgin, their episode numbers don't match the ones in the Wikipedia list at this point (they do synchronise later).

They're starting with what Virgin calls S01E01 but Wiki calls "Original 2" (which was the rematch, "Original 1" being the very original crossover ep that I've never seen repeated).

Then what Virgin call S02E01 & S02E02 is Wiki S01E01 & S01E02; Virgin S03E01-5 is Wiki S02E01-5, etc.

(I did try to make a Table but it was doing silly things with font sizes and after the first two tries I'm too tired to fix it.)

I believe Wiki is correct as it gets it from the Ch4 website... BICBW.

Dunno if this also affects Sky or Freeview; from past experience with dodgy Virgin listings, I suspect not.  Would be interesting to find out.

EDIT: Just realised that they're probably all on All4, aren't they?  Never use it, 'cos it's shit, so forgot all about that.  Sorry.  *fetches pipe and slippers*

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 20, 2021, 05:13:24 PM
He was very much serious. It's here about 11 minutes https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3h9to7

Apologies for not getting back to you on this.  I watched a couple of minutes of it not long after you posted it, and then decided that I needed to watch the whole episode... which I've not got round to doing yet.

In any case it's not the one I was talking about, as I was talking about something Richardson said on 8Oo10CDC, not plain old 8Oo10C, which I haven't watched since the late 2000s.  I didn't spot the (correctly) missing "DC" in your post, sorry!

Your example, from the bit I saw, did indeed seem far more damning than whatever I saw on 8Oo10CDC.

Captain Z

Thanks for posting, I may dip in and out of these if there's nothing else on.

I believe this is the first ever epsiode:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6skwjx

Captain Z

New episode tonight, anyone want to play guess the punchline?

"Rachel gave birth to a baby daughter last year. She was in labour for three hours..."

Quote from: Captain Z on May 08, 2021, 01:15:40 AM
New episode tonight, anyone want to play guess the punchline?

"Rachel gave birth to a baby daughter last year. She was in labour for three hours..."

"Something, something anti-semitism ahahahahha"

*Jon Richardson smiles like a smug cunt*

Close?