Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weather forecasts. Thoughts on.

Started by littlenell, April 17, 2021, 08:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlenell

My housemate has an ardent crush on an ITV weather presenter.  Predictable I know. So, she was on the telly last week, presenting the  weather forecast and he was sat ogling her. He said 'that's weird. Two nights ago, she had a new short bob style haircut. Now her hair is long again,past her shoulders'.
I remembered him making me look at her short haircut two nights ago. He was right. And now it was back to long again. It caused me to think and...it hit me....
'Weather forecasts are generic repeats!' I said. 'There is no day, no date given.Just temperatures, and symbols for sun, cloud, sun&cloud, etc. About 6 City names. After one hundred weather forecasts, maybe less...they have got a full library of recordings for any weather forecast. Thereafter it is just someone uploading a repeat of a previous forecast,maybe months old. Maybe years.'

He seemed astonished, and I was too. Are you? Do you think this is how ITV (probably all the channels) weather forecasts work? Did you know that anyway?
The magic of TV has been busted by someones' haircut , noticed by an obsessed, horny viewer. The scales have fallen from my eyes!

Magnum Valentino

I'll proffer the same answer I got from My Dying Bride's guitarist when I queried how their drummer's hair managed to go from shaved to back-length in the space of about a year.

"Extensions".

BlodwynPig

Yes, i was watching one guy on C4 and one day he was wearing a tan suit with pink tie and the next day a blue blazer with a X-files t-shirt.

He said "watch the skies"

Buelligan

What if the owls are exactly what they seem, what will we do then?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 17, 2021, 10:05:31 AM
Yes, i was watching one guy on C4 and one day he was wearing a tan suit with pink tie and the next day a blue blazer with a X-files t-shirt.

He said "watch the skies"

Might be on to something. I was watching the weather on one channel and it was a man in a suit telling us about temperatures and the next day on a different channel it was a woman in a dress informing us about rainfall.
Be careful people.

phes

Anyone suggest a decent weather app. After losing the near perfect Dark Sky, everything feels cluttered. And the radar resolution on that thing was great. Everything else feels cack by comparison, even the apps that use Dark Sky as a source of data. The resolution on that thing was great. It would say 'its going to rain in 5 minutes' and sure enough a cloud the size of a small field would appear and rain on you

DrGreggles

I'm sitting in the garden having breakfast in glorious sunshine.
My weather app tells me that it's cold and overcast.
Hard to tell who's right.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 17, 2021, 10:32:42 AM
I'm sitting in the garden having breakfast in glorious sunshine.
My weather app tells me that it's cold and overcast.
Hard to tell who's right.

a stopped clock is cold and overcast at least twice a day

Dex Sawash

My weather app is filled with clickbait ads that seem to be written by talk to transformer. Best this week

At 79, Raquel Welch up-sized her bikini

littlenell

Quote from: Buelligan on April 17, 2021, 10:15:51 AM
What if the owls are exactly what they seem, what will we do then?

Wow-L!

Quote from: phes on April 17, 2021, 10:19:17 AM
Anyone suggest a decent weather app. After losing the near perfect Dark Sky, everything feels cluttered. And the radar resolution on that thing was great. Everything else feels cack by comparison, even the apps that use Dark Sky as a source of data. The resolution on that thing was great. It would say 'its going to rain in 5 minutes' and sure enough a cloud the size of a small field would appear and rain on you

I find the BBC one fine (turning overcast LOL). It's always pessimistic so you get the odd pleasant surprise. And its location thingy tells me we live in the posher end of town, but we don't.