Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Caterpillar fake

Started by Butchers Blind, April 17, 2021, 10:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Fairly sure people were making cakes that looked like things before 1990. Betty Crocker do a bake your own one that a 5 year old would be ashamed to create. Additionally, David Cameron is apparently a big Colin the Caterpillar fan and should be force fed maggots painted brown until he dies. If people care about the planet they should eat actual caterpillars like in Africa. Do we want one supermarket to have a monopoly on cakes that develop into flying insects? Is that capitalism? These are all my thoughts about that news story.

Glebe

Video Game Fan 2000

Serves 12 serves is doing my nut in.

Video Game Fan 2000

Serves 12 serfs, you love it. Don't you? This is you: "oi lurv a cake shaped like a cartoon worm guvnor" haha - Aldi's

JamesTC

Going to start calling my willie Colin the Caterpillar.

Serves 12.

Cuellar

idunnosomename

now up on my onlyfans i fuck all of the colin the caterpillar supermarket ripoffs into oblivion

Video Game Fan 2000

Cowboy Billy at Onlyfans dot Com

non capisco

Was there ever a lawsuit when The Daily Mail used to have a comic strip in the 90s about an irritable old man called 'I Don't Believe It'?

The Dog

Heard that the Daily Mail got sued by Beck because they said he lived in a tree.

Inspector Norse

Colin is £60 on Cameo but Cuthbert a mere £23.86. Talk about undercutting!

Jittlebags

Are they still doing the 'Isle of Doom' at Aldi and Lidl during Covid times? Not been in one for over a year so I don't know. Last time I was in Lidl, I bought a battery powered spray cleaner, which had about as much water pressure as a mouse having a piss.

idunnosomename

dont ALDI pay quite well by the way. i thought they were good employers.

Buelligan

Yep.  I believe so, though it might be thought churlish to point it out.

Quote from: Buelligan on April 17, 2021, 04:08:54 PM
Although they showed a graph on TyskySour the other night - a comparison of hourly pay across supermarkets - M&S paying £8.50 (£9.60 in London) and Aldi, only beaten by Sainsburys paywise, paying £9.10 (£10.60).  Can't find an image but you can see it at 8.00 here, if you want to.

Whoops, I'm churlish, hehe.

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 17, 2021, 11:32:45 AM
I think its because M&S are a bunch of flailing hasbeen dingbats whose clothes are fucking awful and their food horrifically overpriced

And that's just the men!

touchingcloth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56812445

Aldi's controversial Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake, hit by legal action from Marks & Spencer, is returning to stores, with profits going to charity.

Aldi had stopped selling the cake in February, two months before M&S accused the supermarket of infringing its Colin the Caterpillar trademark.

What. They brought the lawsuit after they'd stopped being sold?

Looks absolutely foul, this cake. Are kids into this? Two Girls, One Cuthbert?

idunnosomename

They spit roast him with strap-ons

Butchers Blind

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 20, 2021, 11:59:10 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56812445

What. They brought the lawsuit after they'd stopped being sold?

Looks absolutely foul, this cake. Are kids into this? Two Girls, One Cuthbert?

Stick in the freezer and use it like Lisa Stansfield.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

DEVOUR MY CUTHBERT YOU WORM

The Culture Bunker

On the subject of M&S, I got a £15 voucher for them on my 40th birthday and have no idea what to use it for. The local food branch near me doesn't even have any decent beer to use it for.

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 20, 2021, 12:19:30 PM
On the subject of M&S, I got a £15 voucher for them on my 40th birthday and have no idea what to use it for. The local food branch near me doesn't even have any decent beer to use it for.

Percy Pigs

GMTV

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 20, 2021, 12:19:30 PM

Probably buy some food or drink with it.

Replies From View

sandwich, crisps, bottle of crispy spunk

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: GMTV on April 20, 2021, 01:04:15 PM
Probably buy some food or drink with it.
Not really arsed about the food or drink there. Will probably end up buying socks or something from the one in town.

Glebe

If Cuthbert is fired I hope he goes on to become an award-winning actor or summit. That'd really stick it to M&S! Nobel prize-winning cake caterpillar or summit.

touchingcloth

I hope Aldi discontinue Cuthbert and replace him with Humperdinck the Human Centipede.

studpuppet

Apparently the Big Six are forming a breakaway group...

Dr Trouser

just by some caterpillar flavouring and make your own you lazy bastards