Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Caterpillar fake

Started by Butchers Blind, April 17, 2021, 10:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Turned out I had £20 on my voucher so I immediately used half of it on a tiny bottle of perfume, probably use the rest on food next week. As has been mentioned before M&S seem to have been on the brink for well over a decade, it was nearly deserted yesterday despite town being busy and there still being queues outside quite a few other shops so I'll just get some overpriced pizza and wine before they finally sink.

seepage

They've really dumbed down their wine range, and completely got out of the 'fine wine' market, at least online. Perhaps there's still the odd bottle left in the Marble Arch store. They were always selling off stuff for a third the normal price e.g. £125 bottles of Taittinger Comtes for £45.

Butchers Blind

This thread has made me think and realise, I've never bought anything from them. No underwear or any of their food. Sorry M&S.

mothman

My eldest decided she wanted an ironic birthday cake for her 16th, so went for a Colin. And it's actually quite surprisingly good. I thought it'd be really rubbish chocolate cake and lots of cheap chocolate coating (it's such thick hard chocolate, it's not really icing). Maybe it is. But the overall combination worked really well.

Not planning to try Aldi's though I bet it's all that soapy Moser Roth shite.

MojoJojo

Has no one mentioned the thing were you buy several caterpillar cakes, cut some heads and arses off and push them altogether so you get one giant one?

JamesTC

The Caterpillar Centipede?

mothman

So they'd all be joined together in a ring? I could have a bunt at that.[nb]
Spoiler alert
Yes I know it's spelled bundt, shut up
[close]
[/nb]

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

M&S will be ragin' at this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56955873

See if you can guess what that is from the URL alone, go on.

seepage

He looks quite content in there. Kevin the carrot & family next. No, they're veg aren't they?

imitationleather

Quote from: seepage on May 01, 2021, 01:41:15 PM
He looks quite content in there.

Snug as a bug in a batter rug.

seepage

Blue Jam

Quote from: seepage on May 01, 2021, 01:41:15 PM
He looks quite content in there. Kevin the carrot & family next. No, they're veg aren't they?

Not to be found in a Glasgow Salad.

idunnosomename

suppose making a joke about it being like a batter chrysalis is a bit beyond the BBC

Blue Jam

Glebe

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 01, 2021, 01:24:01 PMM&S will be ragin' at this:

Lovely stuff. Prime CaB!

QuoteHe said he had fried a few Mars bars in his time, several creme eggs and the odd Twix. But never a caterpillar.

steve98

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 01, 2021, 01:24:01 PM

I guessed it (even though the URL is wrong saying "... -glasgow-west-...": the chip shop's in fact in East Kilbride, not "Glasgow-west", aka the West End. Did you read the article?)... That aside, does anyone really want to eat fish n chips from oil that's just fried a huge chocolate cake? No thanks.

mothman

Someone on Twitter just lauded Aldi's Vienetta clone as being superior to the original, anyone tried and can confirm/refute?

H-O-W-L

Quote from: mothman on May 01, 2021, 09:27:35 PM
Someone on Twitter just lauded Aldi's Vienetta clone as being superior to the original, anyone tried and can confirm/refute?

Tastes like the older recipe to me, IE pre-2015 or so. From what I can tell real Vienetta changed to become much blander around then. Probably sugar-tax-related?

Replies From View

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 23, 2021, 11:18:54 AM
This thread has made me think and realise, I've never bought anything from them. No underwear or any of their food. Sorry M&S.

Quote from: Marks & Spencer Advert
If you never use underwear or food don't despair,
For we also sell trousers, belts and shoes.

H-O-W-L

Only things I ever bought there were a new peacoat (pretty decent) and a Buffalo Chicken Pizza, which was pretty crap but reduced to like £2 I think.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 01, 2021, 01:24:01 PM

I guessed correctly!

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Replies From View on May 01, 2021, 09:39:32 PM
Quote from: Marks & Spencer Advert

If you never use underwear or food don't despair,
For we also sell trousers, belts and shoes.

Doesn't rhyme.

Glebe

^Heh!

And if you want a caterpillar cake
Don't despair, we also do Caterpillar cakes... er, mate?!

idunnosomename

wonder if you could deep-fry a load of cum

steve98

For a treat we used to get what were known as "scraps"* from the chippy on a Friday night.

*Leftovers - what our parents couldn't eat - would probably be a more accurate word.