Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

nazi graff

Started by SpiderChrist, April 17, 2021, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

In the past year or so there's been a spate of cases of swastikas being sprayed onto the green BT junction box things near where I live. I keep reporting them, they keep being removed, and then they're back again. Yesterday I saw a council maintenance dude removing another one from the box just over the road from my house, so I thought I'd thank him and ask him what he knew about it.

He told me that the council approached the police about it, and were told that it was more than likely a dealer marking their patch, nothing more sinister than that.

To my mind swastikas appearing in my neighbourhood is pretty sinister tbh. And who wants to buy drugs off some cunt that thinks that the swastika is a suitable tag by which to advertise your wares?

I reckon it's the police doing it Anybody have any better theories?

madhair60

Maybe it's one of the good swastikas?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: madhair60 on April 17, 2021, 03:43:07 PM

Evangelical buddhists. Of course. Probably coming in from Cambridge or Newmarket.

Barry Admin

You're not Norn Iron are you? Edit: Evidently not :-)

We had the same thing here just recently; "White power", "1488", swastikas and demands that certain types of people leave expediently... if you see what I mean.

The BNP did start to get a foothold here some years ago, but it's been fine since.

pigamus

If it's done properly, that's a worry. Never seen a BNP type attempt a swastika round here without fucking it up. Always makes me laugh.

Buelligan

I mentioned it a while ago but, yes, we had some really vile stuff, including swastikas and racist hate speech on the door of a black couple and SS Totenkopf and antimuslim hate speech elsewhere.  I removed all the stuff I found and reported it to our mayor.  Amazed me that it was here in such a tiny, tiny, village.  In fairness, it did start when a couple moved in and stopped when they left, so I'm hoping it was no one I trust.  I think people are being encouraged to do it (by groups like Génération identitaire) in an effort to normalise hatred and encourage and embolden hateful behaviour.

Dr Trouser

Do you live near a Bhuddist temple? When the monks get a bit bored they do like to 'tag' the local environs.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 17, 2021, 05:23:42 PM
Do you live near a Bhuddist temple?

Ely Cathedral is a 5 minute walk away. Makes you think.

greenman

Quote from: madhair60 on April 17, 2021, 03:43:07 PM

The kind thats sprayed on this?

SpiderChrist

QuoteMaybe it's one of the good swastikas?

Quote from: greenman on April 17, 2021, 05:26:06 PM
The kind thats sprayed on this?

Or the kind that tells you where you can buy drgs?

bgmnts

Could be Hindu graffiti.

Mr Banlon

Are you sure it's not the old Hedgehog Records logo ?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 17, 2021, 03:45:45 PM
We had the same thing here just recently; "White power", "1488"

SpiderChrist's local filth would probably tell you that the first one is a misspelling of 'white powder' and the second one is the number you're supposed to text.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 17, 2021, 07:01:52 PM
SpiderChrist's local filth would probably tell you that the first one is a misspelling of 'white powder' and the second one is the number you're supposed to text.

Given that a THREE FUCKING DAY Nazi music festival took place in nearby Haddenham in 2016, with seemingly no interference from Johnny Law, I suspect you may be right.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/time-secret-neo-nazi-rally-18756764

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on April 17, 2021, 04:21:24 PM
I mentioned it a while ago but, yes, we had some really vile stuff, including swastikas and racist hate speech on the door of a black couple and SS Totenkopf and antimuslim hate speech elsewhere.  I removed all the stuff I found and reported it to our mayor.  Amazed me that it was here in such a tiny, tiny, village.  In fairness, it did start when a couple moved in and stopped when they left, so I'm hoping it was no one I trust.  I think people are being encouraged to do it (by groups like Génération identitaire) in an effort to normalise hatred and encourage and embolden hateful behaviour.

Can you be sure it wasn't you? You are after all a Nazi.

Buelligan

Wish I'd thought of that, explains a lot. 

Captain Z

You know who else liked swastikas? Baby Hitler.

poo

I remember seeings loads of them in the 80s

Buelligan

They'd be in their forties now then.

poo

Guys, let's get a consensus - once and for all:

Hitler, good or bad?

pigamus

Quote from: pigamus on April 17, 2021, 04:06:26 PM
If it's done properly, that's a worry. Never seen a BNP type attempt a swastika round here without fucking it up. Always makes me laugh.

Tell you the problem, right - they start in the bottom left-hand corner, but they go up rather than across. Rookie mistake. And why are they always square? The Nazi one was at an angle, right?

touchingcloth

Quote from: pigamus on April 17, 2021, 11:57:10 PM
Tell you the problem, right - they start in the bottom left-hand corner, but they go up rather than across. Rookie mistake. And why are they always square? The Nazi one was at an angle, right?

I can't picture it. Can you spray an example on a building and post a picture?

bgmnts

Quote from: poo on April 17, 2021, 11:56:09 PM
Guys, let's get a consensus - once and for all:

Hitler, good or bad?

Trust me, in 500 years people will be talking about Hitler's transformation of Germany in all seriousness and probably acknowledge he was a wrong un a little bit.

idunnosomename

Barry Admin

Video Game Fan 2000

Ferris

"Fash-Graff" is a better thread title.

Think on.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 17, 2021, 07:01:52 PM
Apropos of nothing, a friend of mine used to work in a Supermarket and was speaking to a local copper.  According to the copper, shoplifters would steal bottles of hair conditioner because 'they use it to make drugs with'.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on April 18, 2021, 02:29:52 AM
Apropos of nothing, a friend of mine used to work in a Supermarket and was speaking to a local copper.  According to the copper, shoplifters would steal bottles of hair conditioner because 'they're worth it'.

Sonny_Jim

Maybe they paid for it, maybe it's Mary Jane,[nb]Yeah I know.  You come up with a drug that sounds like Maybeline.[/nb][nb]Heroin, obviously.  Shit.[/nb]