Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Growing Weed

Started by hamfist, April 17, 2021, 09:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamfist

Anyone tried growing their own, outdoors in the UK ?

I am gonna plant a few seeds and see what happens this summer. Any tips ?

Not doing hydroponics or anything but I will start them indoors alongside my vegetable plants

touchingcloth

I've grown indoors in the UK under normal lightbulbs.

Do you have seeds already? If you haven't grown before then autofem seeds are a piece of piss for dipping your toes in the water. They'd probably fare well if planted now, but non-auto varieties might suffer unless in a greenhouse or you're on the south coast.

Be aware that they are very smelly when flowering, so think about whose nostrils are in range of where you grow them.

hamfist

Yeah I ordered some autofem seeds from ice, so I think it should be viable. I remember once standing next to a huge field of cannabis in Switzerland, grown as calming fodder for cattle, and the smell was so overpowering. I have neighbours to one side only, the other side is open, and the wind usually blows towards the open side.

Barry Admin

Quote from: hamfist on April 17, 2021, 09:59:55 PMI have neighbours to one side only, the other side is open, and the wind usually blows towards the open side.

Sounds less than ideal?

Why not a cupboard grow or something? Then you can actually filter the smell.

Edit: I think the autofem seeds actually cause a lot of hermaphrodites if memory serves.

hamfist

I really think my neighbours are ok, not worries about them at all. I think this season will be a bit of an experiment to get to know the art

steve98

Don't mollycoddle them - they're weeds: hard as fuck - but don't needlessly fuck them about either.

bgmnts

Quote from: steve98 on April 17, 2021, 10:21:41 PM
Don't mollycoddle them - they're weeds: hard as fuck - but don't needlessly fuck them about either.

A weed is just a plant you dont want in your garden right?

So if you're growing weed its no longer a weed!

steve98

A weed by any other name
Quote from: bgmnts on April 17, 2021, 10:23:14 PM
A weed is just a plant you dont want in your garden right?

So if you're growing weed its no longer a weed!

Ah suppose so, Plato. The main thing is to let them know who's boss.

touchingcloth

Quote from: steve98 on April 17, 2021, 10:21:41 PM

Worth getting some decent fertiliser, though. I've had plants half the size of others due to nutrients far more so than anything else, or at least I assume so given the fact that they were grown under identical artificial light conditions.

Reading about growing weed online is an absolute delight, because the people who comment are either PhD-level botanists or stanky stoners with absolutely nothing in between. It's fucking marvellous.

hamfist

I've just been reading and I agree, it's so loving I could pop

hamfist

there's some unused land behind where I live which might actually be better than planting in the garden - quite a big bit of abandoned land between the road and a bunker depot

touchingcloth

Quote from: hamfist on April 17, 2021, 11:05:17 PM
there's some unused land behind where I live which might actually be better than planting in the garden - quite a big bit of abandoned land between the road and a bunker depot

That's way better than your own garden if the land is unfrequented, because you really shouldn't underestimate how unmistakable the plants smell.

gib

yeah can't see anyone stealing that

Buelligan

Absolutely.  Heheh. 

gib

it's like, unfrequented, man

touchingcloth

I grew a plant successfully in a field near me. It was extremely unfrequented. It sees regular sheep, though, so I protected it behind wire like a National Trust sapling.

hamfist

it really is unfrequented excelt for rabbits

Buelligan

You need it to be unfrequented every time, they need it to be frequented just once, man.

steve98

I wonder if cats might be a problem in an urban environment? Cos they do love to chew the leaves.

Buelligan

Also, drug police, cannot get enough of 'em the greedy fucks.

touchingcloth

Quote from: steve98 on April 17, 2021, 11:39:38 PM
I wonder if cats might be a problem in an urban environment? Cos they do love to chew the leaves.

I have three cats of my own, and my weed has ever been unmolested. They do frequent the plants, but they don't molest them.

gib

also, plant where there are other plants and they will win before it gets off the ground

steve98

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 17, 2021, 11:42:00 PM
I have three cats of my own, and my weed has ever been unmolested. They do frequent the plants, but they don't molest them.

Surprising. Mine love a bit of weed. I've nothing on the go atm but they're quite happily making do with year old dried leaves from the last grow (that I never swept up)

gib

also i am a botany professor in case anyone asks

wooders1978

Identify and remove the bloke plants immediately as they grow

Ferris

You want to get one of these mate.

hamfist

ordering that. captain bong

Ferris

It's what he would have wanted.