Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:43:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Coast Wanker Confirmed as Cunt

Started by Cold Meat Platter, April 17, 2021, 11:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 22, 2021, 07:44:11 PM
Daddy is a modern slavery ice cream baron.
Yeah, but his constituency has been nicely gerrymandered to ensure there'll always be a majority of people who'd vote for a dog turd if it had a blue rosette - and have proceeded to do precisely that.

greenman

Surely odds are he'll be caught in a cliff collapse eventually? GB news stories about the police combing though piles of rubble for lank hair.

sovietrussia

Always reminds me of the guy in Highlander putting the heid on Connor McLeod when he's banished for being a witch.  Always looked a rum cunt and his* sour pronouncements comes as no surprise whatsoever.

*Oliver - can't speak for Highlander guy, could be a diamond

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Let's just find him guys, why not eh, round him up

the hum

Personal trivia: Back in 2008-ish, when he was filming A History of Scotland, I was in the passenger seat when my mate drove him and a couple of the crew back to the local hotel from a party. Can't recall speaking to him at the time, but consensus seemed to be he was an alright bloke. That series, for its time, I remember being pretty good, with a concluding narrative that ran counter to the nutjob he's become. He was never any Prof Tom Devine (and doesn't have the qualifications anyway), but he's clearly had some kind of down the rabbit-hole episode in the intervening years.

jobotic

I love that he's been confirmed as cunt. I trust this was after a long and extensive official investigation.

Buelligan

Nah, quick painless swab test these days.  Subject doesn't even have to know.  Course, once you get a positive, action has to be taken.

touchingcloth

It involves a long cotton swab inserted into the mouth; if instead of tonsils they find a cervix, this confirms it.

Buelligan

Ah no, that's a different kind of cunt all together, those are generally pretty nice.

lazyhour

mobias

Quote from: the hum on April 22, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
, but he's clearly had some kind of down the rabbit-hole episode in the intervening years.

Thats whats gone through my mind, especially with all his covid conspiracy stuff. People have opposing views on Scottish independence of course but for a man of supposed academic intelligence his views on covid put him right up there with Ian Brown. I think he's been radicalised on Twitter.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: the hum on April 22, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
Personal trivia: Back in 2008-ish, when he was filming A History of Scotland, I was in the passenger seat when my mate drove him and a couple of the crew back to the local hotel from a party. Can't recall speaking to him at the time, but consensus seemed to be he was an alright bloke. That series, for its time, I remember being pretty good, with a concluding narrative that ran counter to the nutjob he's become. He was never any Prof Tom Devine (and doesn't have the qualifications anyway), but he's clearly had some kind of down the rabbit-hole episode in the intervening years.
Yeah, Coast was pretty good, although in my memory they did run it into the ground with too many episodes later on. It's possible that in the earlier days producers were able to tell him not to be a cunt but now he's more famous he just does whatever he likes (like how Clarkson started out just talking about cars). But History of Scotland was a BBC-OU thing so it must have been fairly solid, and he did ads for the Scottish government tourist department VisitScotland well into SNP rule. He even did a show about the Scottish origins of the KKK.

I think it was stuff around the 2014 referendum that mainly caused the loony turn; he doesn't seem to have spoken out on politics much before then, and probably didn't think about them much, but he defended the union and the criticism he received from cybernats (trying to get him fired and such) subsequently tipped him over the edge into going full-on Linehan and deciding British Imperialism was better than Scottish independence, and if he couldn't have his way then nobody else could either. Obviously that's no excuse for being a cunt, as Kezia Dugdale for all her faults never defended slavery.

There's definitely a tendency for people interested in Scottish history to be cunts though, from Mel Gibson to Walter Scott. The latter also inspired the KKK and Confederacy. Jefferson Davis toured Scottish historical sites and visited Culloden after losing the American Civil War.

Sebastian Cobb

My housemate and I always thought he was a little hammy because he did dramatic stuff like saying 'but it was all about... MONEY' as it cuts to a slow-mo of some falling gold coins.

the hum

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 23, 2021, 11:10:53 AM
Yeah, Coast was pretty good, although in my memory they did run it into the ground with too many episodes later on. It's possible that in the earlier days producers were able to tell him not to be a cunt but now he's more famous he just does whatever he likes (like how Clarkson started out just talking about cars). But History of Scotland was a BBC-OU thing so it must have been fairly solid, and he did ads for the Scottish government tourist department VisitScotland well into SNP rule. He even did a show about the Scottish origins of the KKK.

I think it was stuff around the 2014 referendum that mainly caused the loony turn; he doesn't seem to have spoken out on politics much before then, and probably didn't think about them much, but he defended the union and the criticism he received from cybernats (trying to get him fired and such) subsequently tipped him over the edge into going full-on Linehan and deciding British Imperialism was better than Scottish independence, and if he couldn't have his way then nobody else could either. Obviously that's no excuse for being a cunt, as Kezia Dugdale for all her faults never defended slavery.

There's definitely a tendency for people interested in Scottish history to be cunts though, from Mel Gibson to Walter Scott. The latter also inspired the KKK and Confederacy. Jefferson Davis toured Scottish historical sites and visited Culloden after losing the American Civil War.

Yeah might be just another example of mind gone via social media. With you on the Scottish history thing. The "romantic" take is an area where you often find a certain brand of nationalism and unionism dovetailing on.

Beagle 2

I remember saying that I thought he was a creepy fuck in front of my mother in law, to which she replied "Awww naawww he's not creepy!". The very next shot was him skulking around in a cave, his bulging lunatic eyes illuminated and fixed with murderous intent, the crags and jowls of his face casting bilious shadows that told the story of a lifetime of grimaced orgasms over scenarios he wished his mind had never concocted and that he will never, ever forget, even in a cave. Especially in a cave. "Yeah alright, he is a bit creepy", she said.

idunnosomename

he's a wanker, he's a wanker

wank diddly-wank-wank

wank wank