Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What does rum go good with

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, April 17, 2021, 11:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Stop suggesting coke and read the god damned OP

pancreas

SERIOUS SUGGESTION

Mai tai.

Do a proper one and you won't regret it. Requires purchase of orgeat (almond bullshit) and cointreau, but if you do it correctly, you won't look back.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Buelligan on April 18, 2021, 12:22:10 AM
More rum.
scrolled down the whole thread with the intent of saying this damnit

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: pancreas on April 18, 2021, 12:28:19 AM
SERIOUS SUGGESTION

Mai tai.

Do a proper one and you won't regret it. Requires purchase of orgeat (almond bullshit) and cointreau, but if you do it correctly, you won't look back.

THANK YOU PANCREAS. A good suggestion, finally. Unfortunately I have nowhere to purchase those two things you said at 1 in the morning, but it will be on my to fucking do list

Ferris

Ginger beer, the super spicy stuff.

Dex Sawash

Sherringford Hovis

Gather up anywhere between half an ounce and an ounce of your leftovers - sugary leaves and small twigs, stray bud matter ("shake") and trim (but no fan leaves or seeds). Crush, rub and snip into smallish crumbs - better than grinding, as too many over-fine particles can burn. Spread evenly in a baking dish or tray lined with greaseproof paper or aluminium foil. Oven at 100ºC for 25-30 mins to decarboxylate (i.e. wake up the desired active ingredients) then let cool.

Make a paper funnel and scootch your crumbs into a litre glass bottle or mason jar, then top up with 750ml of

Wray & Nephew
overproof rum. Keep somewhere dark, get it out a couple of times a week and a vigorously agitate. After 2-3 months, filter the crumbs back out with a fine mesh strainer (best results for the liquid) or paper coffee filter. You're now the beaming owner of an indefinitely lasting 63% alcohol tincture that's genuinely unsafe to consume more than 5-6ml in 24 hours unless you happen to be Willie Nelson or Snoop Dogg. Just <>2ml into a cup of coffee or tea, or maybe a smoothie and I'm nicely set for the evening (I save the plastic fishes/tiny bottles from supermarket sushi because they're about 2ml - very handy). Go easy with 1ml to start with, if you're not used to digestive absorption - it's very different to smoking, and once you've bought the ticket, you're on the ride right to the buffers, no intermediate stations. Sublingual absorption of smaller amounts is also very effective if you can handle the initial couple of seconds rum-burn (and much quicker too, almost as fast as smoking/vaping).

You don't have to discard the soggy crumbs: their long bath has extracted most of the good stuff from the plant material, but there's a smidge left in there still useful. Gently melt 500-750g butter and chuck the crumbs in and stir. You now have plenty of ingredient for rum 'n' herb flavoured brownies etc. which can be frozen in small portions ready for future recipes. If you've used the coffee filter method to undrown your crumbs, your butter will hit a bit stronger as a mesh will let many more of the tiny bits through into the rum. Reminiscing about my consumption of an extra-strong raisin and walnut chocolate rice crispy cake leading to my unscheduled on-the-loo-nap and subsequent confused and undignified dead-leg staggerings about the place has entertained my friends for nearly a decade now. "Still got the hat with the bells on it?" they ask, so entertained were they by my hapless capering.

Bollocks, was meant to be writing about camo trousers - another night.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Interesting. If I don't have any drugs can I use parsley? Got plenty of that.

Gulftastic

Diet coke/Pepsi. It's how I've smuggled booze into sports stadia the length and breadth of Britain

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Simple idea 1: with Ginger beer or ginger wine

Simple idea 2: with Pineapple juice, angostura bitters, soda, crushed ice, sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon and smoked paprika

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on April 18, 2021, 12:28:19 AM
SERIOUS SUGGESTION

Mai tai.

A word to the wise though, orgeat, commonly used here in the olden times as a cordial like orange squash and freely available, is utterly vile.  And I love almonds.

Johnny Textface

Spiced? Ice or with Ginger Beer or Ale. And ice.

mothman

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 17, 2021, 11:15:32 PM
Auntie Beryl, next door's budgie, catching the last bus home.

You forgot: ver Dog an' Dack - DAHN the 'Oi Street

Spoiler alert

JamesTC

Sebastian Cobb

Wrong time of year but hot buttered rum is great. Like drinking a pureed christmas pudding.

H-O-W-L

Captain Z

Why is the rum always gone with.

Video Game Fan 2000

Ctrl+F "pirates"
Firefox search box red. No matches.

This is supposed to be a COMEDY FORUM