Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:45:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dance Divas - World Service documentary

Started by jobotic, April 17, 2021, 11:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Good stuff this if you're into this type of thing as a lot of you are. Wish it was a lot longer though, a documentary about Sharon White alone sounds like it would be great.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09dw9bt

This is going to be something I should be embarrassed to ask but what's the track played at 24:30, just after Pull Up to the Bumper?

SpiderChrist

jobotic

No, between Pull Up to the Bumper and Planet Rock. It's only a snippet.

SpiderChrist

Crabwalk

Bah, it's already unavailable. Would've loved to hear this.

Franny Joyce

This was great, would have liked it to be longer, makes me want to investigate the scene further. Crabwalk and anyone else who wants to hear this, I've just checked and it's still available via a podcast app Just search for world service the documentary, there are other good ones in there too but not usually about music.

I had a listen to the clip you were searching for and it was totally unfamiliar to me, sounds like late 80's NY house perhaps (87/88?) but can't help you at all, sorry.

jobotic

Well if you don't know I'm fucked! Thanks. Sounded good though didn't it?

Quote from: jobotic on April 19, 2021, 10:19:46 PM
Well if you don't know I'm fucked! Thanks. Sounded good though didn't it?

If need to hear more of it first ;) there's some real magic from that period though.

It sounds like something I should know, but not a scooby. I thought maybe something on Minimal Records (Arthur Baker's late 80's label) because they mention him or early Junior Vasquez or Clivillés & Cole (maybe on Vendetta?) - I'd put money on it being 87-88 NY though. I even had a look at some Carol Cooper associates from that time as she was talking when it was used as a bed.

Edit- I've just listened on headphones and you can hear the beat briefly and it's less house than I thought - something more mid 80's.

jobotic

If people can't find I downloaded it so will see if I can put it somewhere.

jobotic