Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Gere's arse gerbil...

Started by Fr.Bigley, April 18, 2021, 11:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

...and other such fun urban legends.

checkoutgirl

Marc Almond swallowed a pint of Levi's jacket after shifting himself in a train station while jumping from the roof he heard the phone ringing.

Bernice

I swear I read on an ancient thread here once a rumour that Barbara Windsor had ruined her bum and had to go round wearing a "bumpon" to stop the leakage.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bernice on April 18, 2021, 11:25:15 AM
I swear I read on an ancient thread here once a rumour that Barbara Windsor had ruined her bum and had to go round wearing a "bumpon" to stop the leakage.
with Richard Gere's arse gerbil?

Buelligan

Butchers Blind

Wasn't there one about Sarah Greene, a rugby team and a snooker table?

Bernice

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 18, 2021, 11:29:45 AM
with Richard Gere's arse gerbil?

No I think the Kray twins had done it by stuffing "all kinds of things" up there.

Buelligan

Lobsters, maybe, like poor headless Jayne Mansfield.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bernice on April 18, 2021, 11:42:52 AM
No I think the Kray twins had done it by stuffing "all kinds of things" up there.
what like dead bodies and stuff

The Dog

Prince used to drive around in an ice cream van - but its not what you think! He used to wait for a queue of eager children to form, and then he'd just drive away laughing like a purple mainiac.

kalowski

The Una Stubbs one was one of the first urban legends I heard. As a kid I was blown away by the sheer possibility it happened.

Bernice

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Video Game Fan 2000

Is there a name for things that had urban legend status before the internet, but are now commonly know facts?

Alien and the Hovis advert having the same director.
The chorus of I Am The Walrus being about Eric Burdon's fetish for having eggs cracked on him.
Charlie Chaplin's Benny Hill collection.
Terrible UK celebrities and morgue access in return for charity work.

idunnosomename

i mean the Hovis advert makes perfect sense that a film director made his name making memorable adverts before his feature films came out

bloody hell he's 83.

Always proud to see that our top three spot's held for this classic

JaDanketies

I watched Pretty Woman last night and I think it's literally the only thing I've seen Richard Gere in. He's definitely riding on the gerbil fame

H-O-W-L

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 18, 2021, 12:50:22 PM
i mean the Hovis advert makes perfect sense that a film director made his name making memorable adverts before his feature films came out

bloody hell he's 83.

He likes Beavis and Butthead.

notjosh

Somewhere in the vaults of News UK is a photograph of Debbie McGee in flagrante with an alsatian.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 18, 2021, 12:50:22 PM

Makes no sense in playground logic though.

Michael Jackson doing the music for Sonic 3 but not getting credited on account of him going to Tampa.
Star Wars Holiday Special.

famethrowa

Was pleased to recently hear a reference to Tom Baker's "Tom's putting it in now" pillow talk, I was worried that was disappearing from the general consciousness.

Butchers Blind

Uncle TechTip

Fred Talbot and Jimmy Corkhill were gay lovers and lived together. This was put forward as the reason Fred was embarrassed and not open to letting Keith Chegwin into his house when he turned up Down Your Doorstep on The Big Breakfast.

Turns out it was because there was a 12 year old boy crying in the front room.

touchingcloth

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 18, 2021, 11:22:45 AM
Marc Almond swallowed a pint of Levi's jacket after shifting himself in a train station while jumping from the roof he heard the phone ringing.

I bet he did, the dirty old bollocks, I bet he fucking did.

beanheadmcginty

Marc Almond isn't so much of a household name in America, so when that old stomach pump myth is trotted out over there, they say it was Rod Stewart instead. Which is weird because they don't come much more stridently heterosexual than old Rodders.

Video Game Fan 2000

idunnosomename

David Cameron put his willy in a dead pig's head

Gulftastic

Going really old school, Gary Coleman was 30 years old when he appeared in Diff'rent Strokes.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why would sticking a gerbil up there be pleasurable anyway? Does the fur tickle or something?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 18, 2021, 04:42:13 PM
Why would sticking a gerbil up there be pleasurable anyway? Does the fur tickle or something?

I think its the Rat Man story transferred to pop culture. It was a gay panic rumour before being attached to celebrities.