Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What is the point of the island of Great Britain

Started by canadagoose, April 19, 2021, 02:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Fr.Bigley

Can I offer you two some complimentary Frey Bentos to calm you down?

TrenterPercenter

Buellers is vegetarian ain't it (and lives in a cave in France)

canadagoose

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 20, 2021, 04:54:52 PM
Buellers is vegetarian ain't it (and lives in a cave in France)
You can get Veggie Balti Fray Bentos these days. What a world.

Kankurette

I don't hate GB. I just want it to be better than it is.

paruses

Quote from: canadagoose on April 20, 2021, 05:25:37 PM
You can get Veggie Balti Fray Bentos these days. What a world.

Highly recommend.

I also endorse Kankurette's post.

Chedney Honks

Got a gay Romania mate, he and his family had to leave before he was imprisoned.

Sounds based af

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 20, 2021, 07:15:35 PM
Got a gay Romania mate, he and his family had to leave before he was imprisoned.

Sounds based af

If he was so happy, why did he leave with his family before he was imprisoned?

Kankurette

I've never had a Fray Bentos. Am I missing out? I had a flatmate once who loved those things.

Fr.Bigley

Only if you cant see your future of loneliness, Divorce, long term malady, the need to eat directly out the tin (most do) in a white vest festooned with the yolks of a thousand eggs, a light fitting with no lampshade and a cat that's been deid for at least 3 years judging by the mummification state...then yeah, they're great.

Kankurette

The cat's not dead yet. I'll give it a few years.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Kankurette on April 20, 2021, 08:15:30 PM
I've never had a Fray Bentos. Am I missing out? I had a flatmate once who loved those things.

Not really. They're about as good as the price suggests.

For years I thought Mr Fray and Mr Bentos were top food lads like Messrs. Crosse and Blackwell but it's a place in Uruguay.

Video Game Fan 2000

I think France outdoes the UK for compulsory nationalism, especially over the last five years. Flags everywhere. Getting acosted on the way home from a bar by a bunch of guys who thought I looked foreign and asked me which football team I shouted for, and when I stammered over my French (which was weak and I was drunk) they yelled at my partner "Make him say France, he has to say France". If I wasn't visibly very drunk at the time I might have got battered. Talk about "islamo-leftism" everywhere. Living in multi-ethnic parts of town has gone from feeling, like, France is clearly doing something better than the UK to obviously rising tensions. I remember nodding at two kids at the check-out in the supermarket and the way they turned from me, clearly their interactions with white people aren't all that pleasant. Also remember an old Muslim neighbour sitting on a bollard with his head in his hands in despair after one of the terror attacks.

I love it here and would gladly stay, but I'm not exactly a Francophile. Careful what you wish for.

BlodwynPig

Video Game Fan 2000

We've had two migrant camps within walking distance smashed up, inc one where they cut off the water supply and a local mayor exumed the body of a roma child because her parents immigration papers weren't up to snuff.

Love the cafés.
Love the relentless old lefties and sincere try-hard middle class wokies.
Love the city.
Love the town.
Love watching birds of prey snatch pigeons from the roofs from my balcony in the morning.
Love the attitude to education.
Love the students and their teachers.
Love the "put cream on it" cuisine.
Love the health care access.
Love Serge. Love hating Johnny.
Love that people will queue for twenty minutes for an icecream and treat it as social event.
Love the barman taking the piss if I order anything not from Belgium.

But we've got problems.

Kankurette

Aren't the Front National pretty big as well?

Video Game Fan 2000

Yep.

Love getting a hangnail pulling down Marine posters.

paruses

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 20, 2021, 08:21:55 PM
Only if you cant see your future of loneliness, Divorce, long term malady, the need to eat directly out the tin (most do) in a white vest festooned with the yolks of a thousand eggs, a light fitting with no lampshade and a cat that's been deid for at least 3 years judging by the mummification state...then yeah, they're great.

Whilst you're not wrong the vegetable balti one has a certain I don't know what.

ETA: Until recently I also thought Fray Bentos was a person - Frazer Bentos

Kankurette

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 20, 2021, 09:00:51 PM
Yep.

Love getting a hangnail pulling down Marine posters.
I saw one for her dad when I went to France for a day trip with my ex a while back. That was bad enough.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

thenoise

When doormen/security in Paris want to usher you through the door they make a wafting gesture, as if they have just done a particularly eggy fart. Their facial expression conveys somethig similar too.

I can forgive a lot of a country with wafty doormen.

canadagoose

Dunno what I posted this dogshit topic for. Cabin fever or something. Suppose it would be nice if things weren't quite as rubbish sometimes.

touchingcloth

Quote from: paruses on April 20, 2021, 11:13:30 PM
ETA: Until recently I also thought Fray Bentos was a person - Frazer Bentos

They're quite obviously named for the Japanese bento boxes they are inspired by.

Fr.Bigley