Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Only bloody gone and went and got engaged didn’t I?

Started by The Mollusk, April 19, 2021, 09:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Can't believe it! What am I like?!

Been tryna find the right way to do this for a couple months now, on account of owed to the fact that I'm in loads of flipping love with my partner (I know - bonkers!). Being the absolute mad lad that I am, first I tried to commit to the wish my partner mentioned at the start of our relationship, which was to be proposed to with her grandmother's engagement ring. But - d'oohhhh - the blasted thing was in Sweden! So after exhausting all possible avenues of obtaining it in the current climate (well, one avenue, which was heavily insured overseas postage that looked to cost £300+ which is roughly £300+ outside of my budget), I had to rethink my options.

Knowing my partner as I do, knowing she's not one for big traditionalist gestures of expensive rings whipped out in expensive locations, favouring much more the spontaneity of life in all its spunky fervour, I decided to go off piste. NUTTER.

So on Saturday night after visiting my family for the first time in months, we got off the train at Euston, mentally exhausted, both sharing our intrinsic misanthropy by fuming about the swathes of drunk maskless pricks staggering on and off the tube trains, and we headed home. As we waited for a kebab shop vendor to rustle up a portion of chips for us, I stood casually eyeing the menu, and suddenly I knew it was going to happen. I made a rogue last minute addition to our order, we paid and walked back to the flat.

As our cats ravenously wolfed down their late dinner in the kitchen beside me, my partner went off to take her shoes off, and so I took a lukewarm onion ring from the greasy bag, got down on one knee and waited till the salty lure of carbohydrates lured her back into the room. To say she wasn't expecting it would be a huge understatement.

Anyway! That's it, engaged, getting bloody married! Fuck knows when, maybe next year or the year after, as soon as we can guarantee being able to throw a fucking massive party where everyone can touch and kiss and punch one another with the wanton abandon that only a truly great wedding can accommodate. It's a while off yet but I know that for every day from now until then I will take a slice of time out of my day to smile and think fucking hell, I'm getting married!

Right that's it cheers, you may congratulate me now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I already congratulated you on a separate platform, fuck sake

Paul Calf

STOP! NO! IT'S NOT TOO LATE DON'T DO IT etc...

(j/k: My wedding day was the best day of my life.)

Congratulations!

DrGreggles

buttgammon

Cuellar

Buelligan

Small Man Big Horse

madhair60

BlodwynPig

Icehaven

Congrats but I wouldn't wait so long to get married or that onion ring is going to be rancid.

holyzombiejesus

CaB collectively buys a new hat.

Congratulations to you and the soon-to-be Mrs Mollusk. I just squealed 'Awwww!!' when I saw the thread title. Kids next. Then death.

Butchers Blind

Don't worry, its only an engagement. It's not legally binding and you can back out at any point.

Well done.

Ham Bap

TrenterPercenter

Congrats Mollusk its not for me but I do enjoy it when other people get engaged. Cheers!

shiftwork2

Thomas

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 19, 2021, 11:42:34 AM
Congrats Mollusk its not for me but I do enjoy it when other people get engaged. Cheers!

Uh oh, didn't he mention? He's engaged to
Spoiler alert
you
[close]

CoNagsulations[nb]good enough to use across multiple platforms[/nb] and don't have an affair for goodness sake!!!

The Mollusk

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 19, 2021, 11:44:52 AM
Congrats nags.

Do you feel trapped though?

Trapped in LOVE, just like the Beyoncé song.

Dex Sawash

Just told my wife and she's excited about the invitation

Ferris

Congrats mad lad.

Weddings are fairly straightforward - just focus on doing what makes you happy and fuck the rest of it. "Ooh what colour should the napkins be?" no fuck off cheap as we can get them and stick the rest of the budget behind the bar waheyyyyy. Etc.

Glebe

lankyguy95

Looking forward to the juicy divorce thread in three years time.

Nah congratulations, that's awesome.

Janie Jones

Quote from: icehaven on April 19, 2021, 10:10:32 AM
Congrats but I wouldn't wait so long to get married or that onion ring is going to be rancid.

Yes this concerns me. Has the onion ring been ingested? Or will Mrs Mollusck-to-be sentimentally  preserve it in some way, maybe in clear resin - it could be a key fob - or in a jar of formaldehyde, like a monkey foetus on a lab shelf?

(Congrats, Mollusck, lovely news)

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Congratulations! Is it mine?

Hold on, that doesn't work.

Neville Chamberlain

Congratulations and what-not, you mad ruddy bloody old chap, you!

Chedney Honks

Congratulations, you absolute legend. Very happy for you. X