Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"The skies belong to me... Nowhere to run; nowhere to hide"

Started by Barry Admin, April 20, 2021, 12:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

This is 🔥

(New legend from Apex; another brilliantly cinematic and moving intro video)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTk9VD2nPuw&vl=en

I'd just been watching some Titanfall 2 lore videos recently.

Viper!

Barry Admin

A reminder from Titanfall 2: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvyzQMl93w

WATCH THIS FIRST

C_Larence

Soz Badmin, moved onto Warzone last year and haven't looked back.

C_Larence

Just watched it. It was very pretty but I didn't understand who anybody was. I take it she's the daughter of a bad guy from TF2?

BeardFaceMan

Titanfall is ace, Apex is poo. I do want to play the Titanfall 2 campaign again now after watching that gameplay vid.

Barry Admin

Quote from: C_Larence on April 21, 2021, 01:55:55 AM
Just watched it. It was very pretty but I didn't understand who anybody was. I take it she's the daughter of a bad guy from TF2?

Now watch the second video which you should have done first I'm an idiot.

Barry Admin

The guy Blisk ran an elite Titanfall Merc crew called the Apex Predators. Now he's retired and invented the Apex Games and recruits people.

Northstar was a type of Titan that was modified to become Viper, a flying Titan, "Voodoo One, Viper's on station. Your journey ends here, pilot.  The skies belong to me... nowhere to run; nowhere to hide." The Apex Predators pilots daughter is in the video and it
Spoiler alert
shows him being recruited for Titanfall 2. Where you fight him as seen in the second video.
[close]

So Viper was a small cameo character at the end of the game but really popular. 

Barry Admin

C_Larence

God I played TF2 not too long ago (a year? whenever it was free on PS+) and I don't really remember any of it. To be fair even when I was playing Apex I couldn't give two shits about the lore or whatever, just liked zipping up wires and calling in airstrikes. Had no idea about Blisk.

Barry Admin

I don't wanna look up spoilers, but she must have a fucking Titan in Apex then? You see Rampart working on it at the end.

Barry Admin

Tried Warzone there again this past weekend. It's alright actually, seems pretty campy tho, but that's CoD.

Apex is still the best BR game of all time, and one of the single best games of all time. No idea why I'm literally the only person on here who ever plays it.

BeardFaceMan

I tried to get into Apex, I really did, really wanted to like it because I like Titanfall so much but BR games are just not my bag, baby. Plus there are no Titans. And this game delayed/stopped Titanfall 3 being made so it's in my bad books. So back to Titanfall 2 it is, played that on Xbox earlier and there were still 10,000 people online, thats quite impressive. 

Barry Admin

Titanfall 3 didn't get made because it didn't sell enough, and EA gave TF2 a fucking stupid launch window. Nothing to do with Apex.

And there are no Titans because that would suck, tbh.

I was never a huge BR fan myself, but Apex has the best movement and shooting mechanics since Quake III (or TF, I guess), so I became a convert. The importance of movement can't be understated, it's as fluiidly brilliant as TF, just without wall-running.

BeardFaceMan

Titanfall 3 was in development and it pivoted and became Apex. There are rumours every year or so that Titanfall 3 is back in development, so I'm still hopeful for that. The mechanics are obviously great, coming from  Titanfall, but not good enough to get me into the BR genre, I've tried a few different games now and it's just not for me.

Barry Admin

Yeah, an early concept TF3 map just got actually finished up and adapted for Apex, but TF was seemingly unsustainable so I can't blame Apex for killing it.

Tbh man, if they ever do make TF3, you're gonna absolutely hate what Respawn have become. All that early stuff they talked about - with regards treating consumers with respect - has long since fallen by the wayside. They've went from my favourite game devs, to a bunch of mercenary cunts I now despise. Always looking for new ways to fuck over their fans.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah it wasn't a good sign when they sold out, it seems they did so in every sense.

Non Stop Dancer

Think Titanfall 2 will be my next game if I can figure out how to download the thing from EA Play via Gamepass.

BeardFaceMan

I'm amazed by how populated it still is, I didn't have to wait more than 30 seconds to get a full game. And you'd think it would be all people with high ranks who have been playing for years but it's not, lots of new players there too.

Barry Admin

Yeah I love to pop on there, I need to get back to going through the campaign again, really. Started to do so a few months back then got sidetracked, but seeing Viper again reaaaaally has me in the mood.

And from the season 9 Apex Legacy trailer it would seem Valk has an "I own the sky" voice line, so that's awesome 😋

Barry Admin

"You need to move a little faster than that, son... Speed is life"

"You hear that ringing in your ears, son? Dodge this"

"This is your last ride son, this is your stop"

Viper's daughter! Still soooo fucking hyped!!

I think the trailer in the OP is brilliant in other respects too; the way it talks of pilots as a barely remembered memory really strikes a sad note with Titanfall vets :-/

Edit: never saw this MRVN animation before! I knew about the rare gun reload animations but this is new to me. God, Respawn at their best were/are phenomenal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXfhshssNY (30 seconds)

Non Stop Dancer

About 90 mins into this and really enjoying it so far, just got in my first Titan.

Barry Admin

Gameplay trailer for Legacy is hot af; Arena looks really fun, and Valk is awesome. I suspect she's gonna be OP on launch, especially on console with that verticality.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZaqqoNg-0

Just love her voice and attitude!  Here's her character trailer where you see her abilities and stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYy-e3kXnU

Watched the trailer in the OP again, and noticed a lot more little details of missed previously, such as how Viper does a short wiggle dive to get to Valk's Titan!

It's been much commented upon about how she's been given a Karen haircut and asks to speak to Bkisks manager :-D love it.

Non Stop Dancer

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on May 01, 2021, 05:48:30 PM
OK I have finished TF2 now thanks. What next?

Dive into the multiplayer. It's nice and populated, 15,000 people online just now on the Xbox, and it's free to play this weekend on Steam.

Rev+

Is this about Star Citizen?  Because that's actually become really good.  Not a game or anything, but a really good money laundering scheme.

If it's not about that then I'm fucked if I know what you lot are banging on about.  Not for the first time, obvs.

Barry Admin

Rev: A cult character in Titanfall 2 has a daughter appearing in the new season of Alex Legends, and it's very, very exciting for lovers of both games.

Respawn make some incredibly brilliant cinematic trailers...with Apex now turning into a huge franchise that's appearing on Switch and soon coming to mobile, I don't think it'll be too long before we see an Apex Legends movie. If it keeps up the quality of their "Tales from the Outlands" series, it'll be an absolute belter.

Barry Admin

Still downloading it, just playing around in the firing range. The now and arrow feels great, fucking love a bow and arrow, me. Excited to go through the patch notes while the rest of it downloads.

It keeps locking the characters, but I got a few seconds with Valk. Glad I've got jump on the left bumper, I think it's gonna work well for the jetpack. Pressing left trigger to switch fight mode might be a bit cumbersome at first.