Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:51:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"The skies belong to me... Nowhere to run; nowhere to hide"

Started by Barry Admin, April 20, 2021, 12:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Servers are taking a hammering, but Valk seems really fun. Not as OP as I feared, as her jet pack is quite slow really. It's gonna be so weird to see people flying around, though. Lot more verticality in the game since Horizon was added.

G7 Scout hipfire need is gonna hurt me.

Only played one game of Arena so far; very fun, but the need ranked mode or something added. We smashed the first couple of rounds, then two cunts quit, leaving a 3 v 1 for the final round.

Barry Admin

I've been exhausted and so I gave the game a day to settle. Just had my first couple of proper games with Valk, and well... In no big surprise to anyone...

Flying around on a jetpack is fucking awesome

As a huge fan of mobility in games, I'm really liking her a lot so far! Gonna be some sick Valk clips coming out, I'm sure.

Barry Admin

I absolutely love her. It's weird going back to other characters now, and trying to double jump all the time to take off. Her ult is ace, basically a Titan eject, but your teammates can grab on and get lifted with you if they want. Custom HUD giving loads of recon info too: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvjuuSn-Hz6vgStFhFmvlkYQPRxx

Got the rare Hadoken animation while boost jumping: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvjuuSn-Hz6vgSzvPe2e1LZtr02Y

Barry Admin

Jesus Christ I love her. Finally got my heirloom shards on Xmas eve, bur Valk is my new main now X-D

Can't believe how good this season is. I've barely even touched the Arena mode, but it's neat - small 3v3 maps where you buy your weapons and gear before each round.

One of the greatest games of all time, absolutely fucking love it.

Barry Admin

Yay, a flash event for Arena. Have been sticking to BR mode, so this is very welcome. Shit is really fun, and a great way to practice  engagements and stuff.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvjuuSn-Hz6vgS0RDNoZE5-VF-qE

Barry Admin

Really, really love Arenas mode! I'm glad they promoted it with flash events and such, as I could easily have left it under-played.

It's grown on me so much, I can't wait to jump in here as I haven't been on in a week or so. It really takes me back to my Quake days tbh! The Counterstrike mechanic of earning and buying your loadout works superbly, and adds a lot of strategy, but I just have soooo much fun with the 3 v 3 battles. You end up having some incredibly intense battles!

Some of my favourite moments have been where the matchmaking glitch has meant I'm in a 2 Vs 3, and me and the other player knock our pans in and end up winning. I have soooooo many clips that I've made and which I love to flick through occasionally.

It's great also that Rampart finally has a real use, as I love her British Indian character.

Yay Apex! Still one of the single-greatest games of all time.

Barry Admin

Ohh goddd, those games where you go 2-0 down - Arena games are best of three - but you manage to fight back from match point and take the win ❤️ still haven't had much chance to play Apex this week, but haven't even touched Battle Royale. Arena is - to quote Rampart - dope.