Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Talking to a working class man

Started by An tSaoi, April 20, 2021, 01:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An tSaoi

This evening I have to spend five hours in a van with a working class man. Just the two of us driving from one factory to another to collect a heavy thing and bring it back. The other working class man is off sick, so I've been volunteered.

What should I talk to the working class man about? He's into sport. I know there's something happening in the football. All the big teams are forming a super league and everyone is upset. Can someone elaborate?

He's into betting. What sort of things are people betting on at the minute? What sort of music is there these days? Is there anything in the news?

What other things would a working class man like to talk about for five hours? Help.

Glebe

The complete works of Dostoyevsky? I dunno, what are working class oiks interested in?

Blumf

I asked Sir Keir, and he said to talk about how brilliant the Union Flag is.

You're in Ireland, right?

An tSaoi

Yes that would be an interesting topic of discussion. I think the working class man is not a fan of the Union Flag. Perhaps I could take up a contrary position to stimulate debate. Now we're getting somewhere.

dozybugcarrot

Give him some tips on his driving. Every body loves that.

TrenterPercenter

Are you by any chance Jess Phillips?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 20, 2021, 01:46:45 PM
What other things would a working class man like to talk about for five hours?

Prince Philip

Space ghost

Just mirror his movements. He will lead you.

Glebe

Quote from: dozybugcarrot on April 20, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
Give him some tips on his driving. Every body loves that.

Shit parking, serf!

Video Game Fan 2000

We love chips and remembering space hoppers. Don't say "L. O. L." out loud or mention lattes, else you might get sprayed with a thick misting of autonomist musk as a fear response.

Cor blimey, you only done and gone collapsed me strata ain't you guvonr? 'kin 'ell!

Emma Raducanu

Ask him if he's heard the latest Stormzy track.

Offer him a can of carling 'for the road'. They love all this.

An tSaoi

What about tits? Would tits be a good topic to discuss with the working class man?

Video Game Fan 2000

Before mentioning breasts check if he's driving the kind of van that has a steering wheel design to survive a heavy rutting.

An tSaoi

But seriously, what the fuck would you talk about with a stranger for five hours? I can barely keep a conversation running with people I know.

Blumf

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 20, 2021, 02:04:27 PM
What about tits? Would tits be a good topic to discuss with the working class man?

This brings up another important factor. As a van driver's mate, you need to have some witty repartee to yell at unsuspecting ladies as you hurtle by.

An tSaoi

St_Eddie

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 20, 2021, 01:46:45 PM
What should I talk to the working class man about? He's into sport. I know there's something happening in the football. All the big teams are forming a super league and everyone is upset. Can someone elaborate?

"Did you see that ludicrous display last night?"

Fr.Bigley

Stick the radio on and tell him how much you like/hate the DJ...the torrent of shite will thence commence.

Discuss this season's trends in hi-vis apparel.

Emma Raducanu

Blame everything on that Corbyn. Pot holes, red lights etc.

An tSaoi

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 20, 2021, 02:11:43 PM
Discuss this season's trends in hi-vis apparel.

He doesn't wear his hi-vis, but I do. They've put up a notice that you have to wear your hi-vis, but he doesn't care.

Quote from: DolphinFace on April 20, 2021, 02:12:03 PM
Blame everything on that Corbyn. Pot holes, red lights etc.

I'll just go one step farther and blame the Brits in general.

Norton Canes

An tSaoi

He's baldy.

He has an earring. I could compliment that.

Fambo Number Mive

As he is into betting you could bet him ten euro he can't do a wheelie outside the factory.

Tell him if he is very good you will buy him a jazz mag at the newsagents.

Norton Canes

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 20, 2021, 02:15:27 PM
He's baldy.

He has an earring. I could compliment that

For sure. Also make sure to reassuringly touch his knee.

JaDanketies

I've always been interested in how the lower orders avoid cholera outbreaks. Ask him what the sanitation is like in his village. Perhaps a church order recently cleaned the well.

Butchers Blind

Ask him if he'd like a good, hard fuck in the arse.

El Unicornio, mang

"See the match?"
"Which one?"
"Dunno..."