Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wishing death on people

Started by madhair60, April 20, 2021, 02:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Surely this is fine, isn't it? I often see it pulled up but I really don't think there's a problem, it's not like anyone's wishes have any kind of actual power to affect reality. Boris Johnson, hope he dies. Rees-Mogg, hope he dies. That Landlord cunt off of Keir Starmer, hope he dies. Don't see any issue whatsoever with this. Donald Trump, hope he dies. "What if they actually died though?" I would feel fucking fantastic if they died.

S'problem? S'matter? Don't get it, me.

madhair60

Is it really so wrong to wish death on your enemies, or people whose existence makes life worse for the people you love? I truly cannot understand why venting by saying "hope he dies" is such an egregious thing.

Buelligan

I was just up on't mountain and I found a big area, bulldozed, amongst all the rare orchids.  They'd only gone and got a fucking bulldozer up there.  Right up in the nowhere.  And, I'm just guessing here, by the size and shape of the bulldozing, plan is to put a fucking holiday retreat up there for some fuck. 

I sat there, right on the edge and looked down across the steep slopes, once wooded, now black because a tourist decided to have a barbecue and thought it'd be OK when the barbecue decided to run free (I am not even lying), looked right down to my perfect little brown bird of a village, nestling there and thought I wish the fucking mayor, the village council and every other fucker here, including me, would die.  This place would be safer without us.  And then I remembered that we all would and what's important, whilst we're waiting for my wish to come true, is to make sure we don't do no barbecued trees nor bulldozing.  And I cheered right up.

Looked above and saw the eagle, right there in the pure blue (not a lie). 

People on this site seem to have no qualms about wishing death on others, it happens all the time. Cabbers are a truly toxic set of people.

Buelligan

And you, helpless, moth to our flame.  Pouf!

Captain Z

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on April 20, 2021, 03:19:32 PM
People on this site seem to have no qualms about wishing death on others, it happens all the time. Cabbers are a truly toxic set of people.

The saddest part is that we

Cabbers are a truly toxic set of people.

I mean to be fair, people are a fairly toxic set of people.

Fambo Number Mive

But you are a Cabber.

Buelligan

Quote from: Corduroy Castle on April 20, 2021, 03:23:51 PM
I mean to be fair, people are a fairly toxic set of people.

Except for the individuals, they are privately and separately toxic.  Discretely toxic.  They have total purview over their own personal toxicity.  No one may speak for them.  Nor judge their toxic qualities for they cannot truly understand the true toxic experience from outside.

JaDanketies

holding a grudge is like drinking poison and hoping someone else gets sick. I hope that Rees-Mogg sees the error of his ways and repents.

Buelligan

I hope he drinks poison.  There, I've said it.

Thursday

Ideal scenario - Boris Johnson suddenly changes into a good person instead of an evil person and implements drastic changes into how society is run and makes the country and world a much better place to live.

Scenario that actually has the slightest chance of happening - He trips on a big staircase and dies. The world doesn't really change but is slightly better because he'd no longer be in it.

Now I'm not inciting violence, but his death would be an overall net positive (Well probably not, he'd just be replaced by someone worse, but still)

JaDanketies

was really sad when Bernie Maddoff died. All that potential for a meaningful volte-face. What a lesson it could've been for all the other powerful psychopaths, if he could teach them about empathy.

Thomas

OP doesn't deny this; only wants to know why the practice is toxic.

I've never wished death on anyone - don't have the energy - but I did want Boris Johnson to badly stub his toe on his way out of ICU.

Ornlu

If a world-despised figure like Trump or Boris died then it would just be another news item. More interesting than most, but ultimately I'm pretty neutral on it. Besides the fact that it's always automatically a bit sad when anyone dies - you know, for their family and friends and that.

The biggest impact as far as I can see would be that Twitter would be unbearable for the following few days.

Actively wishing people[nb]who you don't have a personal connection with, so not like direct abusers etc.[/nb] dead is just a bit performatively edgelordy. Which is still fine, but that's what it is imo.

madhair60

Quote from: Ornlu on April 20, 2021, 03:49:41 PM
Actively wishing people[nb]who you don't have a personal connection with, so not like direct abusers etc.[/nb] dead is just a bit performatively edgelordy.

No it isn't

kittens

i wish death on lots of people all the time. i also wish for permanent furlough status and tonnes of cash but that aint happening either. wish away. never understood 'be careful what you wish for, it just might come true'. this really only applies with actual magic, and really only then when the magic is done by some wilfully malicious being, like a naughty genie or a monkeypaw. otherwise, wish away.

kittens

Quote from: madhair60 on April 20, 2021, 03:51:08 PM
No it isn't

i agree. believing in wishes is for babies and the insane. ornlu believes in wishes

Ornlu

kittens

everyone on this forum but me and madhair are babys

Jerzy Bondov

If Boris Johnson died it would be funny. It just would be.

Thursday

Quote from: Ornlu on April 20, 2021, 03:49:41 PM
If a world-despised figure like Trump or Boris died then it would just be another news item. More interesting than most, but ultimately I'm pretty neutral on it. Besides the fact that it's always automatically a bit sad when anyone dies - you know, for their family and friends and that.

Their family and friends are bad too.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on April 20, 2021, 03:58:34 PM
If Boris Johnson died it would be funny. It just would be.

What if he was carrying a cure for bum cancer and fell into a kiln with it? That'd be sad.

Video Game Fan 2000

Or if he committed suicide by jumping off a building and landed on Ted Chippington, killing them both.

All the dickheads who race past my flat in their banging crackling shit cars trying to make the pipe pop and the engine scream, i always run to the window and try and focus my thoughts of hate to see if i can create a beam of it to flip their shit crackling banging car off the road, hurl it on its roof and explode it in a boiling applause of fire and metal but it never happens because god has turned his back on me forever

Thursday

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 20, 2021, 04:03:02 PM
Or if he committed suicide by jumping off a building and landed on Ted Chippington, killing them both.

I like Ted Chippington, but this would be very very funny. Especially as Ted Chippington would presumably just have been walking down this road that the building was on. Even through his dying breath he'd probably see the funny side of this and would be laughing.

Video Game Fan 2000

What if he pretended to drive the Official United Kingdom Ceremonial Van Full Of Pure AIDs for a photo op, but someone left the key in the ignition and he accidentally drove it straight through an exhibition of William Blake paintings, over a wedding cake then over a dog and into an orphanage then into the sea hitting several seals named after glam rock singers on the way down? That'd be sad I reckon.

Buelligan

Quote from: kittens on April 20, 2021, 03:51:21 PM
i wish death on lots of people all the time. i also wish for permanent furlough status and tonnes of cash but that aint happening either. wish away. never understood 'be careful what you wish for, it just might come true'. this really only applies with actual magic, and really only then when the magic is done by some wilfully malicious being, like a naughty genie or a monkeypaw. otherwise, wish away.

I'm not sure about the wish thing.  Most things, even weird things, even some pretty convoluted and rather dark things, that I wish for seem to happen.  Maybe I'm easily pleased.

Quote from: Corduroy Castle on April 20, 2021, 04:05:10 PM
All the dickheads who race past my flat in their banging crackling shit cars trying to make the pipe pop and the engine scream, i always run to the window and try and focus my thoughts of hate to see if i can create a beam of it to flip their shit crackling banging car off the road, hurl it on its roof and explode it in a boiling applause of fire and metal but it never happens because god has turned his back on me forever

Try not to take it personally.  It's not like god has a huge reputation for making great calls. 

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Thursday on April 20, 2021, 04:05:47 PM
I liked Ted Chippington, but this would be very very funny. Especially as Ted Chippington would presumably just have been walking down this road that the building was on.

Yeah fair point, he'd die doing what he loved. What if it was Charlie Chuck?

Ornlu

Quote from: Thursday on April 20, 2021, 04:01:21 PM
Their family and friends are bad too.

Oh I'm sure. But I mean, they'd be sad. The overall level of sadness in the world would be increased by those few people's experiences.

I don't know if there's ever been a death in history that NO-ONE was sad about. Even Hitler had... hang on did his wife and dog die first? Idk, bad example. I think lots of racists probably were (and are) sad Hitler died. Maybe like, the Piltdown Man.