Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Day of the Frigger (1952)

Started by Chedney Honks, April 21, 2021, 10:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

It's a Western like no other!

John Ford presents

DAY OF THE FRIGGER

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Known for 'Friggernomics' and 'Friggernometry' due to the heterodox funding platform for the era (punching coins out of tired goblins) and the unique angles used in the action sequences.

While Day of the Frigger was certainly pioneering, the more accomplished Season of the Grotlord (1954) builds on the innovations and marries them with established techniques to a more harmonious end result that stands up even today.

Chedney Honks

Legendary film, I've hear so much but never seen it. Hoping it gets remastered on Blu-ray this year and I'll be all over it. Might get a Grotlord tat.

greenman

A foot though the door for Ramsey F McDonald as well who would go on to do design work for Hammer classics such as Dracula Naturalist Demon, Bare Breasted Pirate Women of the South Seas and Beware The Yellow Peril.

Gravefrigger, when?
Lots of people still holding out hope that this crossover could finally unite the fandoms and put an end to all the needless picturehouse brawls.

I've been salivating over the prospect of this collision of worlds ever since it was suggested in a throwaway comment by Anthony Pierre Woodbine (Frigbot) at Frigest back in '86.

Fans have latched onto the idea and really run with it.
To be honest, the reality couldn't possibly compare to what it's become in the minds and hearts of fans, and I'm not sure it could ever match some of the amazing fan films and comics we've seen, but I still want to see them try.

Crowdfund it, zero studio intervention, get all the talented people from the community in to work on it. Made by fans, for fans!

When you're creatively bankrupt and just idly sitting on a franchise, not knowing what to do with it, or who to sell it to for a quick buck, let it go, love it enough to set it free, give it to the people who are still passionate and have enough creative juice and drive left to take risks and roll the dice.

Sorry, rambling. Just gets me down. I know this isn't what the thread is about, it's meant to be a celebration, but this is the longest dry spell we've ever had. The loyal fans deserve better.
Day of the frigger might be the perfect movie, yes, but there's only so many times you can watch it before you have to admit to yourself that you've already seen it.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on April 21, 2021, 04:28:49 PM
there's only so many times you can watch it before you have to admit to yourself that you've already seen it.

A tremendous line but one I still struggle to agree with. It's evergreen for me. Every time I see it, it's like being frigged by Ramsey F McDonald herself.

The importance of the fan element is spot on, though. I read some Gravefrigger slash fiction which should technically earn a prison sentence but as you say, when these people are pouring their heart and soul, you can pretty much forgive anything. Obviously apart from that ending, a blatant rewrite of Yellow Peril, with diminished morality.

Dunno if I ever mentioned I got my son some Gravefrigger PJs off redbubble. They took him off me.

Replies From View

I absolutely loved it when Frigger took some time out to cross some roads and rivers for a day.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 21, 2021, 04:57:55 PMDunno if I ever mentioned I got my son some Gravefrigger PJs off redbubble. They took him off me.

The silken frig bib is detachable.
Shout that the next time you drive past your local social services department or the foster home where they're caring for him. They'll sharp get the idea.
I imagine he'll be back before the weekend holding a hand written apology and a gift basket of fine cigars.

Total overreaction.

zomgmouse

Hmm, we must have watched different films because I remember this was a sci-fi starring Ray Milland where he plays a suburban dad who is exposed to a dangerous chemical and turns into.......... the Frigger