Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Derek Chauvin guilty [split topic]

Started by mothman, April 20, 2021, 10:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Quote from: Flouncer on April 22, 2021, 12:51:59 PM

I think it's perfectly valid to ask whether the level of force used against her was reasonable, and to consider if a non-lethal method of incapacitating her could have been used. It's not often I'll say this, but this is one use of force incident where I can actually put myself in the shoes of the cop and understand that he had mere seconds to make a very difficult decision: his inaction could equally have caused serious injury or death to another person. I think MojoJojo has a really good point, that the right wing media are loving the opportunity to shift the conversation away from use of force incidents that are clearly unjustified. The usual suspects are also revelling in their barely-concealed glee at watching a black person die at the hands of a police officer; relishing the opportunity to paint black people as thugs who deserve what the police force is dishing out to them. It's just a fucking awful situation all round.

Yeah and the left wing media play the deliberately inflammatory headline game of; "white cop kills black girl" etc. Some outlets choosing to bury the knife factor way down in the paragraphs. Then you have people like LeBron James, a monolith of a role model and idol to millions of young people, particularly young black males sowing these distorted messages. People from all sides are doing everything possibly to stir the pot, and the government will just be grinning and gurning their way through the next four years.

Flouncer

Quote from: Bazooka on April 22, 2021, 01:58:44 PMYeah and the left wing media play the deliberately inflammatory headline game of; "white cop kills black girl" etc. Some outlets choosing to bury the knife factor way down in the paragraphs.

I have seen this going on myself, and it's unhelpful to say the least. It gives the right the opportunity to say, "This is the sort of thing BLM are holding up as unjustified," and they can pretend that all the incidents we're constantly bombarded with are equally questionable.

MojoJojo

https://god.dailydot.com/police-trainer-best-sex-killing/

Appropriately named police trainer David Grossman, tells police that if you kill someone you'll have great sex afterwards.

kngen

If only the police had some sort of non-lethal baton rounds to fire at minors to defuse potentially fatal encounters, so - you know - they don't have to murder children. Must have used them all up firing them at non-violent protesters last summer.

El Unicornio, mang

They can put a man on the moon, but they can't invent web-shooters to catch criminals like Spider-Man does. What's that all about?

MojoJojo

Quote from: kngen on April 23, 2021, 12:13:34 PM
If only the police had some sort of non-lethal baton rounds to fire at minors to defuse potentially fatal encounters, so - you know - they don't have to murder children. Must have used them all up firing them at non-violent protesters last summer.

But then they wouldn't get the best sex.

Flouncer

What I'm getting from this is, these blokes are so pathetic and insecure that they have to shoot a black guy so that they can feel like a big man for long enough to get their limp noodle dick even half hard, then they go home and hump their disinterested wife for about thirty seconds before blowing their load.

jobotic

Dex Sawash

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 23, 2021, 12:18:18 PM
They can put a man on the moon, but they can't invent web-shooters to catch criminals like Spider-Man does. What's that all about?

Kankurette

Quote from: Flouncer on April 23, 2021, 01:00:47 PM
What I'm getting from this is, these blokes are so pathetic and insecure that they have to shoot a black guy so that they can feel like a big man for long enough to get their limp noodle dick even half hard, then they go home and hump their disinterested wife for about thirty seconds before blowing their load.
When they're not beating her up.

idunnosomename

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 23, 2021, 12:18:18 PM
if only they could put the cart before the horse and somehow make police officers climax BEFORE they catch a criminal.

kittens

sadly i have it on very good authority that police officers fuck like stallions all night long and have amazing dicks :(

earl_sleek

bgmnts

Quote from: earl_sleek on April 23, 2021, 07:37:58 PM
How exactly does a stallion fuck?

For 20 seconds, then go out and kill a black guy.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

did... did we all see the same video of the Bryant shooting?

Because when I watched it, I didn't see any knife until after Bryant was down and the shooter approached her. It also looked to me like he could just as easily have shot the girl in pink. He pulls up, someone rolls by at his feet, and the next thing BANG BANG BANG BANG. No attempt to calm the situation. And I have a hard time believing he would've just opened fire on a white girl as his first action.

How likely is it that anyone in that community will call the police next time there's a fight?

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 23, 2021, 05:36:19 PM

"This perp's going nowhere for a while"

I hope she attached him to the nearest wall as well.

steve98

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 23, 2021, 07:43:09 PM

Because when I watched it, I didn't see any knife until after Bryant was down and the shooter approached her. It also looked to me like he could just as easily have shot the girl in pink. He pulls up, someone rolls by at his feet, and the next thing BANG BANG BANG BANG. No attempt to calm the situation. And I have a hard time believing he would've just opened fire on a white girl as his first action.

How likely is it that anyone in that community will call the police next time there's a fight?

No time for calming action.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1384717141350420481

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I still don't see a knife. It was obviously there, I question how he saw it. And he could just as easily have shot the woman in pink. Don't fucking wank self-righteously about how the police officer is a hero who definitely stopped someone from being stabbed to death by some scumbag.

Flouncer

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 23, 2021, 07:43:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MGFoDIUbLo

This is the one that I watched. At the end he slows it down frame by frame, and you can clearly see she's got a knife and is brandishing it whilst pinning the girl in pink against the car with her other arm. For me the cop definitely had good reason to think she's about to stab the girl in pink. I'm not excusing the brutality of shooting her four times or suggesting that there was no other way to deal with it than to shoot her, but honestly the situation seems to be beyond verbal de-escalation at that point. The baffling thing for me is that she must have seen the police arrive but she didn't drop the knife. It's a terribly distressing thing to watch.

a peepee tipi

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 22, 2021, 09:50:54 AM
The dessert will have glass in it. No-one likes a copper in prison. The black gangs will be after his head and the Aryan Brotherhood won't touch a copper.

It's a shit, broken system and there's no reason to celebrate its dysfunctional cruelty.
I dunno man, does it make you feel better believing that Simon Adebisi will put glass in his food? Because that's just now how it works

JaDanketies

He'll be palling around with Schillinger in no time.

steve98

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 23, 2021, 08:02:15 PM
I still don't see a knife. It was obviously there, I question how he saw it. And he could just as easily have shot the woman in pink. Don't fucking wank self-righteously about how the police officer is a hero who definitely stopped someone from being stabbed to death by some scumbag.

Not just someone, a black someone. He saved a black someone. Does that make him a hero? Not really - just doin' his job, keepin' us safe.

Paul Calf

Quote from: a peepee tipi on April 23, 2021, 09:17:57 PM
I dunno man, does it make you feel better believing that Simon Adebisi will put glass in his food? Because that's just now how it works

I don't really understand the point you're making here. Nor do I know who Simon Adebisi is.

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on April 23, 2021, 07:41:52 PM
For 20 seconds, then go out and kill a black guy.

The sex comes after the murdering. Do keep up.

a peepee tipi

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 23, 2021, 11:04:18 PM
I don't really understand the point you're making here.
Oh that's too bad

a peepee tipi

They deleted it, but Chicago PD tweeted out "We are all Derek Chauvin". He has not lost his standing or support from those within the system. But a CO of all people will be the one to put glass in his food, and they'll just let "black gangs" (lol) get their hands on him.

Butchers Blind

steve98

Wow... no words... (Did she accept?)