Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bradford hairdresser due in court over COVID fines

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 21, 2021, 05:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Could face an unlimited fine if found guilty. A lot of community service, including some litter picking, might teach her a lesson as well.

QuoteKirklees Council said that Ms Quinn had not paid anything towards multiple fixed penalty notices imposed last year for ignoring lockdown regulations.

Ms Quinn had previously said on social media that she did not consent to or accept the fines.

She had also displayed a sign on the salon door which refers to Magna Carta, and said the shop is "under the jurisdiction of common law".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56828306

According to Yorkshire Live, Quinn also refuses to wear a  facemask.

No doubt she will be held up by other COVID deniers as some kind of hero.

Chedney Honks

Skip the fine and go straight to the fried pate. Get em in the chair and get the party started. Boil that brain 🎉🎉🎉

shiftwork2

It's rare that I agree with 'did I mention I went to AstraZenaca' TBC but he's on the money here.

Chedney Honks

It's rare you agree with me?

That's insane.

You probably misunderstood how much I fucking hate AstraZenaca.

I always thought you were joking.

😂😂😂

shiftwork2

Well I'm sure we can both agree this lady should be Wicker Manned at the very least.  Perhaps worse.

Chedney Honks

Kankurette

Oh, that idiot. She's a Freeman on the Land type.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Can't wait to commit some crimes and just wave away the consequences with "nah, I don't consent to that"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The very worst thing you can do with these cunts is broadcast evidence of their existence, though weirdly the opening post itself seems to acknowledge the present risks of doing so (so why do it).

Brick up the attention seeking cunt like on Rollercoaster Tycoon. Bricked up. What now. You get tired and you give up and I will drop you at the exit.

Chedney Honks

Brickwork up, fill with rice, fill with infinite boiling water.

Who cares about the rice now 🍚🍚🍚😂😂😂

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 22, 2021, 08:33:33 PM
The very worst thing you can do with these cunts is broadcast evidence of their existence, though weirdly the opening post itself seems to acknowledge the present risks of doing so (so why do it).

Brick up the attention seeking cunt like on Rollercoaster Tycoon. Bricked up. What now. You get tired and you give up and I will drop you at the exit.

Because I thought it would be an interesting thing to discuss on a forum where people arent going to regard her as a hero. You dont seem to have a problem with similar posts in the worst responses thread and given this person has been mentioned all over the media it's hardly goi g to make much difference discussing her on a web forum.

I suspect if it wasnt me who started the thread the response would have been different. Its been clear for some time.you have a problem with me and my posts on this forum. I'm not going to leave this forum no matter how many snide comments you make. Your claim that my response to another poster was influenced by their age (which I didnt know and gender (I can barely remember the gender of most posters) was a particularly revolting point. Stop being such a snide little tit and acting like this is your forum.

If you really had a problem with this topic, as I say you would have complained about the posts in the worst responses forum. Should we not have a thread about Laurence Fox as it broadcasts evidence of his existence?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm getting tired of thread policing and being made to feel like I shouldn't start a thread on certain topics, and certain people who arent mods telling others how to post. Its laughable that starting a thread about a nationwide media story on a forum where almost everyone would disapprove of her behaviour would make the hairdresser look like some  kind of hero. I think you just wanted to get in another jab me
Grow up.

Another reason wh y I started this topic was I thiugh that bumping a 65 page thread every so often was a bit rubbish given we are asked to start new threads.

Hooray! The owner of a small business is facing court for refusing to be shafted by Boris Johnson and his government of complete cunts!

Seriously, it wouldn't have made a difference either way whether she kept her shop open or not. Lockdown is an ineffective policy: the severity of lockdowns in countries around the world doesn't correlate to the number of deaths from COVID-19. It just fucks over people with small businesses and those with health problems.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI suspect if it wasnt me who started the thread the response would have been different. Its been clear for some time.you have a problem with me and my posts on this forum. I'm not going to leave this forum no matter how many snide comments you make

Well I don't want you to leave the forum and I don't have any problem with your posts in general. This seems a significant overreaction to something based what.. 2 or 3 years ago now about regurgitating news items, after which I haven't said anything to you (although by the same token, so what if I had, we are all adults).

I was pointing out how your own opening posts raises similar concerns I have. I think if you return to the post, without projecting all this stuff onto it, you may see it wasn't especially bad or part of some grand plan. If you have genuine concerns about someone using the media to amplify their own victimhood to further their antilockdown agenda then although the story may be of interest, it is on balance counterproductive to bring that to more people's attention, in my opinion.

It's not forum policing to bring that up and I think it's a relevant aspect of this particular discussion.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on April 24, 2021, 02:52:12 AM
the severity of lockdowns in countries around the world doesn't correlate to the number of deaths from COVID-19..

This is a useless nonsense statement, that is devoid of meaning made by someone with no track record other than tendentious agenda pushing softened with clearly disingenuous phoney concern about ancillary health issues (but mass death=ok, long covid=ok, rampant mutation of virus=ok).

Chedney Honks

Lockdown is an ineffective policy: the severity of lockdowns in countries around the world doesn't correlate to the number of deaths from COVID-19.

It's the exact opposite, but go quiet again when you're wrong.

MojoJojo

Hooray! The owner of a small business is facing court for refusing to be shafted by Boris Johnson and his government of complete cunts!
Mate, she's a freeman of the land type. The fact such an intellectual power house is a hero to your side should be reason enough for you to examine your life choices.

Kankurette

Seriously, it wouldn't have made a difference either way whether she kept her shop open or not. Lockdown is an ineffective policy: the severity of lockdowns in countries around the world doesn't correlate to the number of deaths from COVID-19. It just fucks over people with small businesses and those with health problems.
As if you give a shit about people with health problems, you COVID-denying fuckwit.

And I say this as someone whose mental health HAS gone down the shitter as the result of lockdown.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is it really, the faux concern from people like that about people's mental health when they previously couldn't give a shit when it was the government introducing a rape clause for housing benefit or closing Surestart centres, removing legal aid, journalists prying into ordinary people's private lives, workers rights being eroded, loan companies scamming destitute people.

They latch on to it because it allows them to construct a more holistic narrative to what was, is and always shall be: self interest and self interest alone.

This is why the far right kneel and pray and thank the Lord for the existence of paedophiles, finally a group seen as unequivocally the worse people that isn't ourselves! And some of them are Asian too, result!

Kankurette

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 24, 2021, 12:16:15 PM
This is it really, the faux concern from people like that about people's mental health when they previously couldn't give a shit when it was the government introducing a rape clause for housing benefit or closing Surestart centres, removing legal aid, journalists prying into ordinary people's private lives, workers rights being eroded, loan companies scamming destitute people.

They latch on to it because it allows them to construct a more holistic narrative to what was, is and always shall be: self interest and self interest alone.

This is why the far right kneel and pray and thank the Lord for the existence of paedophiles, finally a group seen as unequivocally the worse people that isn't ourselves! And some of them are Asian too, result!
Bingo. Once lockdown ends, the Monk and Matt Le Tissier and Laurence Fox all the other COVID deniers will stop caring about mentally ill people and call us snowflakes again.

They never cared about us and never will, we're just props to them. If they gave that much of a shit about us, as you say, they'd stop supporting governments who are actively undermining people's welfare. Besides, lockdown is easing off. I was out shopping yesterday and all the cafes and pubs had people sitting outside, the street was thriving again.

ETA: are all the people crying about lockdown angry about the anti-protest bill too?