Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:53:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Controversy over new police shirts"

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 22, 2021, 10:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

These shirts are far too small:

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19248873.mini-police-40-uniforms-available-blackbird-leys-children/

In all seriousness, the local police force believe that buying police-style uniforms for 8 to 11 year olds will "have a lasting effect on how they view the force and engage with them as adults".

Can't imagine many 11 year olds wanting to walk around in Thames Valley Police branded clothes but there you are. Maybe they can help locate the Bicester Walrus.

If you have children, would you get them these Mini Police clothes?

Paul Calf

No. I'd encourage them to bully children who wear them.

Sebastian Cobb

When psyops and kids dress-up collides.

My advice would be to get them a firefighter or paramedics uniform instead.

Glebe

The playground bullies will snap these up!

Butchers Blind

This will inevitability lead to the death of innocent black children.

dissolute ocelot

Just get your kid a hi-vis jacket and write "Cunt from the council" on the back. Real power.

Icehaven

Only 40 to cover the whole area? Damn these cuts, we need more policechildren on the beat.

Seriously though this is a stupid idea because the kind of precocious little brat who wants these will only become even more unbearable if they're suddenly given the idea they're in the police and have some kind of authority, and they probably weren't going to grow up hating the police anyway.
If the police are concerned about the public's confidence in them and how they're losing the authority and respect they need to be effective, conferring those attributes onto children who quite obviously have done nothing to earn them somewhat undercuts the notion that we should defer to them in the first place.

Kankurette

Buelligan

If the police are capable of recognising the community does not trust or like them, why do they think giving 40 kids a police shirt will change that?  What is the logic chain here?  It's almost like we're dealing with a group that does not understand the society it's supposed to serve or even other humans. 

Sebastian Cobb

It's because the answers they are seeking are intentionally about tackling their "image problem", rather than the causes of the image problem.

Dex Sawash

The mini a polis are very popular right now

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Icehaven

Is it just the angle of the photo or are the uniforms dark green? They look more like park rangers than police.